alert Beware of greedy member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

Beware of this new member https://www.namepros.com/members/matthewpataki.1069608 who created this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/inherited-a-lot-of-domains-2500-looking-for-guidance.1325155

I discussed with him about some of his domains and he agreed to sell some of his domains and kept changing his stance multiple times on selling those domains, availability and prices as well. I've blocked this guy at WhatsApp and wanted to inform you guys to avoid dealing with this cheap and greedy person.

It's a risk to do business with him. You never know that you'll pay the agreed amount + escrow fees and later he backs out, you'll end up losing at least the escrow fees and your valuable time.

Thanks for reading and be careful whom to deal with around.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Further.. it's actually more showing that this user is willing to slander someone for not getting their way. Please let me know when a business publicly shames someone for not following their orders. This reflects extremely poorly on Abdul and I hope others see this and avoid entering conversations with him.
This user has been a well respected domainer here for 18 years. Sit back down with your trolling.

•••
This is an unfortunate situation.

I saw the original post about inheriting domains, but decided not to purse it because of issues with the (new) owner likely not being aware of values.

On the other side, if you agree to sell a domain you need to follow through.

It's kind of hard to tell exactly what happened here as there is not a full conversation.

Brad
Excellent point Brad, that's the key we don't have a full conversation. No one should be expecting end user prices from domainers, now that does not mean $600 for Girlfriends.com but I don't know how high I value greenerdays.com for a domain investor they need to have marging to resell.

Funny thing Greenerday.com just closed at auction and sold for the 6th time $522 two weeks ago. https://namebio.com/greenerdays.com

Historical Sales​

369 USD on 2023-04-13 at GoDaddy

253 USD on 2022-04-12 at GoDaddy

1,338 USD on 2021-04-12 at GoDaddy

466 USD on 2020-04-12 at GoDaddy

205 USD on 2019-04-12 at GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
This user has been a well respected domainer here for 18 years. Sit back down with your trolling.
Has he?
Are you his cheerleader?
Well he has no respect from me and others. You wish to worship him carry on.

•••
Abdul, can you remove this post and move on? I have no issue deleting my account and never visiting this website again.

I think this is a fair request.. and I won’t back out of this deal.. lol
It would behoove Abdul to remove this thread - as it is extremely unflattering to him. He is not the Angel he has purported himself to be.

Last edited:
•••
Respected or not there's not a single person walking out of this looking good. Please explain to me how this thread makes either party look good.

•••
Matthew Abdul does not have the ability to delete this thread so you two can contact the mods.
He could at least change the title, I’d assume?

•••
He could at least change the title, I’d assume?
Of course he can but from his childish responses I doubt he will
I would report his first post to the mods

•••
Respected or not there's not a single person walking out of this looking good. Please explain to me how this thread makes either party look good.
Its very commonplace here for people to report on bad actors as many people have been burned over the years. Sorry you don’t understand that. People can decide for themselves if they want to deal with whomever.

•••
It’s very commonplace here for people to report on bad actors as many people have been burned over the years. Sorry you don’t understand that. People can decide for themselves if they want to deal with whomever.
Yup and it shows just how bad Abdul has become and how low he is willing to go to get some domains.
It is really creepy how in love you are with Abdul and telling me how long he has been on this forum.

•••
Since I blocked you, no chat logs are available to me but it must be available to you.

Also since you've shared the email communication, why not share WhatsApp communication and let everyone decide. You're such a liar by saying the chat logs are not available as I blocked you.

To everyone, this person agreed to sell demonsoft.com for $165 along with other domains and later when he received $800 offer, he backtracked it.
Sincerely, I think the seller is very inconsistent. Agreement is an agreement. He should live up.

It can be frustrating dealing back and forth with no headway in a business discussions.

•••
Thanks, and I think you're a great person as well!

But I'm confused by what you're trying to get at in this post...

Want to elaborate? Or has all the juice in this orange been squeezed out many times over already?
I did ramble and I get what you mean as I hit reply I thought oh some spacing.

I think you know I have been here a long time, helped a lot of people for free, wasted hours with ingrates. I don't want to see Matthew screwed or Abdul. It seems like different people are falling along different lines based on their experience, success and net worth.

If you list a name for sale, no one is taking advantage of you. If you say CVCV.com any decent one, $750, and I say sold, ok I know while posting sold you undersold it, but am I supposed to say hey Chris, I will give you $1,500 because you underpriced it, don't want people thinking I am a shark. It's quite different if you had make offer and I knew you were a florist who just wanted to get rid of an old company domain like Govo.com and I am like $500 ok, ok, how do you want to be paid? Hurry up let me know. Ok I am a shark I am taking advantage of you. Which many in this business support, you know like some of the all time legends who used to pretend they were college students emailing private owners.

I was surprised to read this thread because after reading the initial thread about having these names, it seemed like Grit got the two gems to broker and others were like oh wow I feel bad or you inherited a liability. I did not know there were that many good names not great but good. But I think every investor is looking for the best deal. I agree you have to know people not experienced might be finicky and change their minds.

I always told my younger siblings and coworkers, want to see someone get smart about a topic they previously had no knowledge of? Let money enter the discussion, they will get real smart, real fast.

•••
This is an unfortunate situation.

I saw the original post about inheriting domains, but decided not to purse it because of issues with the (new) owner likely not being aware of values.

On the other side, if you agree to sell a domain you need to follow through.

It's kind of hard to tell exactly what happened here as there is not a full conversation.

Brad
I also saw the original thread and refrained from reaching out. These things usually do not end well, although usually it is the newbie coming back to complain about how the domainers took advantage or low-balled them. I am sure he was receiving a ridiculous amount of conflicting information from that posting.

You can't hold someone outside of the community to the same standards we hold each other. If you and I or Abdul had similar conversations, we know how to carefully craft our wording to make sure it is clear when there is an actual acceptance of an offer. I do not think Abdul made a ridiculous offer. I think he thought that was a fair wholesale offer, which fueled his anger.

The appropriate response might have been to make a post in the original thread stating that the OP was flaky about making a deal and went back on what he had told him. This post is not very professional and does Abdul more harm than the good he says he was attempting.

I would have tried to leave it open with the seller and say something like "When you are done fielding all of the offers and have your data sorted out, let me know what you have left and I will make you an offer then". I am not going to be used as an appraiser or opening bid guy to determine what in the portfolio has value.

•••
Sincerely, I think the seller is very inconsistent. Agreement is an agreement. He should live up.

It can be frustrating dealing back and forth with no headway in a business discussions.
Until there is an agreement there is no deal. He has every right to change his mind and/or check he is getting the best deal.

You wouldn't walk away from a negotiation if you got 5/6/7 x more from someone else?

•••
Thank you to those of you who’ve joined the discussion.

Please report this thread for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

•••
I also saw the original thread and refrained from reaching out. These things usually do not end well, although usually it is the newbie coming back to complain about how the domainers took advantage or low-balled them. I am sure he was receiving a ridiculous amount of conflicting information from that posting.

You can't hold someone outside of the community to the same standards we hold each other. If you and I or Abdul had similar conversations, we know how to carefully craft our wording to make sure it is clear when there is an actual acceptance of an offer. I do not think Abdul made a ridiculous offer. I think he thought that was a fair wholesale offer, which fueled his anger.

The appropriate response might have been to make a post in the original thread stating that the OP was flaky about making a deal and went back on what he had told him. This post is not very professional and does Abdul more harm than the good he says he was attempting.

I would have tried to leave it open with the seller and say something like "When you are done fielding all of the offers and have your data sorted out, let me know what you have left and I will make you an offer then". I am not going to be used as an appraiser or opening bid guy to determine what in the portfolio has value.
This is exactly how a professional would approach this. Keep the conversation open and don't blow up. Perhaps Matthew would've realized that the offer was decent and came back to it. Instead, the entire thing blew up and resulted in Abdul getting frustrated and blocking him. Looks bad.

Anyways.. back to lurking. I think it's about time people reflect and realize that new members don't have deep industry knowledge. The only thing this thread has shown is how toxic this community can be.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is exactly how a professional would approach this. Keep the conversation open and don't blow up. Perhaps Matthew would've realized that the offer was decent and came back to it. Instead, the entire thing blew up and resulted in Abdul getting frustrated and blocking him. Looks bad.
Oh his intentions were not pure at any point in this. He intended to lowball him and when he failed got angry and thought he could be safe taking it out on him here.

•••
No not after this much time.

If the time to change the thread title has expired, namePros mods have the ability to change the thread title. Usually at the request of OP.

•••

Thanks for your feedback.

The thing is he repeatedly backtracked after agreeing to the price. For the other domain as well. That's why I came to this conclusion of making it public and aware others.

•••
•••

The thing is he repeatedly backtracked after agreeing to the price. For the other domain as well. That's why I came to this conclusion of making it public and aware others.
Really?not anger at being ab;e to buy his domains at way low prices?

•••
@equity78 I'm sure you know all the tips on how to change threads I remember back when you used to be a moderator.

•••
He intended to lowball him and when he failed got angry and thought he could be safe taking it out on him here.
I am not sure how much of a "lowball' the offer really is.

Most of the domains on the list are the type I would offer a few hundred dollars each for.

I decided not to get involved because of the circumstances. I didn't want to deal with someone who has recently inherited domains, likely knows nothing about the field, and is probably dealing with grief from the loss.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

“repeatedly backtracked” means I told him that foreverphoto was under a brokerage agreement with Grit and that I couldn’t move forward with the sale

And please note— this was never an actual agreement. It was an ongoing discussion

Last edited:
•••
@equity78 I'm sure you know all the tips on how to change threads I remember back when you used to be a moderator.
Right but it's changed, and especially in the advisories section which used to be the legal discussion some mods were not even allowed to touch that area.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back