Hashim

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have three domain names, all currently with GoDaddy:

latestfooty.co.uk
latestfootie.co.uk
latestfootie.com

I'm looking to sell them all together via outbound sales. After doing some research I've decided to use AWS static websites to host my own lander because of the very low cost and because I'm confident I can design a better-looking lander that's more suited to my needs, but I need an escrow service to feature on the lander to be sure that the buyers can trust me.

I've seen a few recommendations for Transpact.com, which claims to be the UK/EU's most reputable escrow service and is very cheap - should I use it, or should I instead go with DAN/Undeveloped? Is it even possible to use DAN while using my own lander?

Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate the help, the information out there is overwhelming to someone new like me, and it would be good to get some opinions from the experts on Transpact vs DAN.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should use whatever escrow service your customer prefers. Give the the choice between Transpact, DAN, or Epik. Or let them choose Escrow.com or somebody else. Escrow is escrow. It's not normally linked to where the domain points.

•••
" Due to the sensitive nature of Transpact.com, we cannot employ normal 'What was the name of your first pet' type security authentication, as such methods are not sufficiently secure.

If you lose your password and do not have any live transaction with us, then we will take special measures to authenticate you at a charge of £14.50."

Basically you need to pay Transpact to recover your password - I have never seen something like that with other escrow services.

•••
" Due to the sensitive nature of Transpact.com, we cannot employ normal 'What was the name of your first pet' type security authentication, as such methods are not sufficiently secure.

If you lose your password and do not have any live transaction with us, then we will take special measures to authenticate you at a charge of £14.50."

Basically you need to pay Transpact to recover your password - I have never seen something like that with other escrow services.

Is there anything stopping you from creating a new account?

•••
Back