Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did not say you work for them. I said you are affiliated with them in some way beyond being a regular seller. Can you share your portfolio, btw? It would help with the concerns that you are just a proxy for SH.

The names are fine, better than your average SH ones and priced quite low. Way below what I price them normally on Afternic. And coupled with almost double commission, the payout is even smaller.

Some examples (all .coms): Enyg/Dihd/DJIY/Appraisive/Driveful/Fashli/iAuditors/EarnStreet/SuperZeal/Guidax/ TeeMenu/RapidHero/Rephy/Soncor/Sarilla/InstaPayer/Qieg/GlobePros/Avonshire/LuxyCo/PremierCube/
SteerHealth/PurityHub/Postament/MealOutlet/Exercisy/UpOwl/LightOption/Prospectsy/
Keylessly/TheTactile/RoomDelivery/LeagueAgency/Capize/ProMingle/SanBasile/DivineMeal etc

All those names will be bumped in price on Afternic this week with the removal from SH. And then I will share within a year what sells, if any. Now share your names and let's see what quality you are talking about.

Heya @Recons.Com, I was reading through some older posts in this thread and came across your post.

Did you end up removing your names from SH, any luck with the same names on Afternic?

===

I just spent my coin balance at SH to add my 50ish names to Afternic. I am still considering just pulling them, and listing them with domain.io landers with lower prices, lower commission, and being able to actually talk to any potential leads myself. I have a small portfolio, but it's been over a year since my last sale at SH. Granted, small portfolio and small sample size, but it's been long enough that I'm starting to think of other options just in case.

The exposure from SH is good if it leads to sales, and being listed in Afternic and Sedo while still having them on SH is a plus, that gets me more exposure than if I was just using my own landers and Afternic/Sedo... but for any type-in traffic, I'd be a lot better off using my own domain.io landers, I think. I like SH overall, no complaints.

Anyone know if they'll let you re-list names if you de-list them properly (with 7-30 days notice)?

•••
Anyone know if they'll let you re-list names if you de-list them properly (with 7-30 days notice)?
Yes, sure. I had situations when I could not pay for expired domains in time. I warned the SH team about it in advance. Domains will automatically be removed by the system when SH DNS are lost After I restored SH DNS, all my premium domains were re-listed again. The team has understanding people. But it’s better not to abuse it.

Last edited:
•••
I'm giving Squadhelp a shot and added a couple of premium names, but I just noticed that they advertise a bunch of similar names on the landing pages of my names. I'm not too crazy about that. Is there a way to opt-out of that and *not* show other names on the page?

Last edited:
•••
NOTE: 2 monthly sales in this price range are needed to cover costs. Losing money at only 1 sale per month with this portfolio size.

Account wise, We have increased our total premium listings to 1,114. I think there are probably lots of sellers at squadhelp with over 1k premium listings now.

Dear colleague!
I apologize to you for my critical messages. I went to your SH page and found there not 1114 domains that you wrote about a couple of weeks ago, but 4490. In this case, you are absolutely right that you need to sell a minimum of 2 domains per month to cover all expenses. I want you to understand that my critical words arose due to ignorance of the total number of your domains. I counted only the effectiveness of your 1114 domains at SH on that moment I am glad that you followed my advice and placed all your domains at Squadhelp marketplace. I would really like that SH will position our domains not only at Sedo, but also at Afternic automatically. Now we need to do it manually.
Once again I ask you not to judge me strictly

Last edited:
•••
Dear colleague!
I apologize to you for my critical messages. I went to your SH page and found there not 1114 domains that you wrote about a couple of weeks ago, but 4490. In this case, you are absolutely right that you need to sell a minimum of 2 domains per month to cover all expenses. I want you to understand that my critical words arose due to ignorance of the total number of your domains. I counted only the effectiveness of your 1114 domains at SH on that moment I am glad that you followed my advice and placed all your domains at Squadhelp marketplace. I would really like that SH will position our domains not only at Sedo, but also at Afternic automatically. Now we need to do it manually.
Once again I ask you not to judge me strictly
1114 premium listings and the rest are standard listings.

•••
I'm giving Squadhelp a shot and added a couple of premium names, but I just noticed that they advertise a bunch of similar names on the landing pages of my names. I'm not too crazy about that. Is there a way to opt-out of that and *not* show other names on the page?
You can opt out of showing other sellers names on your landing pages but keep in mind that your names will also then not show as alternate options on other sellers landers

•••
Hi @JudgeMind and congratulations on your achievements!
Do you only own PREMIUM DOMAINS at SH, or STANDARD LISTINGS as well?

I have just 20 PREMIUMS, and just listed all my other domains as standard listings, since I wanted to try the SH WLM. Do you use it? Any advice or stats about the overall STR with the standard listings and WLM?

Thanks!
Both premium and standard

•••
You can opt out of showing other sellers names on your landing pages but keep in mind that your names will also then not show as alternate options on other sellers landers
Ahh, I see. Thank you.

•••
1114 premium listings and the rest are standard listings.
Don't standard domains are expired? : 0) Our business is arranged in such a way that each domain needs to be paid. And I really did not know how many domains you have, until you listed them at SH

•••
(found the answer)

Last edited:
•••
Question: are we supposed to remove names from Afternic once they are approved for Premium status on Squadhelp? Or not? Thanks...

If you have submitted your names for review with coins, they are now authorized for Afternic (please refer to the attached print screen). Therefore, there is no need to delete them from Afternic. However, ensure that they have a price on Afternic that is at least 10% higher than the price listed on Squadhelp.

Attachments

• squadhelp authorized for afternic.jpg
    squadhelp authorized for afternic.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 26
•••
If you have submitted your names for review with coins, they are now authorized for Afternic (please refer to the attached print screen). Therefore, there is no need to delete them from Afternic. However, ensure that they have a price on Afternic that is at least 10% higher than the price listed on Squadhelp.
I paid with coins, and they were accepted for Premium, but I'm not seeing that "Authorized for Afternic" icon. Any idea why not?

squad.png

•••
I paid with coins, and they were accepted for Premium, but I'm not seeing that "Authorized for Afternic" icon. Any idea why not?

Show attachment 236245
Oh, I forgot about this: "At this point, this Beta program is only available to those sellers who have a minimum of 50 domains in SH premium domain marketplace." Please read here.

It seems that you'll have to delete them from Afternic, if you have less than 50 premium domains.

•••
Oh, I forgot about this: "At this point, this Beta program is only available to those sellers who have a minimum of 50 domains in SH premium domain marketplace." Please read here.

It seems that you'll have to delete them from Afternic, if you have less than 50 premium domains.
I checked with Squadhelp support. Here's what I was told:

"You can still have the names listed on Afternic once they get approved for premium listing here at Squadhelp. However, please note that the price on Afternic would need to be 10% higher than SH's BIN price."

•••
So far I'm only changing the DNS to squadhelp on the names that get approved for Premium status. Is that what you guys do as well? Or do you use Squadhelp landing pages for Standard (non-Premium) names as well? What are the thoughts on this?

•••
So far I'm only changing the DNS to squadhelp on the names that get approved for Premium status. Is that what you guys do as well? Or do you use Squadhelp landing pages for Standard (non-Premium) names as well? What are the thoughts on this?

For about a year, I used Afternic landing pages for my standard listings, but despite no sales, it wasn't a major issue since I don't have that many domains.

Although I appreciate the modern and professional look of Afternic's latest landing pages, their robots.txt file prevents your domain's correct indexing in search engines. This is concerning since it results in losing visitors and revenue.

Furthermore, Afternic doesn't allow for descriptions, logos, keywords, or other enhancements, which is why I have switched back to Squadhelp. The results remain to be seen.

I am pleased with how quickly Squadhelp's site loads since switching to Cloudflare from Sucuri earlier this year.

While there is still room for improvement in many areas, I believe Squadhelp is moving in the right direction. :)

•••
I have begun using Squadhelp for my Standard Listings as well and have purchased logos for my most premium names. I think the current landing pages look great and have many features not present anywhere else. For example, I love that the landers have a video explaining the buying process and 24/7 chat, and the Check Brand Alignment tool is also pretty cool.

I have also upgraded my Standard Listings with Marketing Exposure by changing to a 30 percent commission for my regular names, but by purchasing the exposure for my more expensive names in order to keep the commission at 7.5 percent.

No sales so far, but it has only been a few weeks. So let's see what happens.

•••
Although I appreciate the modern and professional look of Afternic's latest landing pages, their robots.txt file prevents your domain's correct indexing in search engines. This is concerning since it results in losing visitors and revenue.

Furthermore, Afternic doesn't allow for descriptions, logos, keywords, or other enhancements, which is why I have switched back to Squadhelp. The results remain to be seen.
You're right. Squadhelp's landing pages are much better than Afternic's. I'm gonna have to give some serious thought about switching the DNS on some non-Premium names.

•••
I have also upgraded my Standard Listings with Marketing Exposure by changing to a 30 percent commission for my regular names, but by purchasing the exposure for my more expensive names in order to keep the commission at 7.5 percent.
I'm not familiar with how this all works for Standard listings. Time to do a bit of research. 🙂

•••
...the Check Brand Alignment tool is also pretty cool.
Any idea why the Check Brand Alignment tool is not shown on mobile pages?

•••
Any idea why the Check Brand Alignment tool is not shown on mobile pages?
No, I have wondered about that as well. At first I thought it was because of not enough space, but that probably isn't an issue.

•••
Anyone ever see real-life proof of the advertising that Squadhelp says they do? (I've never seen anything.)

•••
Anyone ever see real-life proof of the advertising that Squadhelp says they do? (I've never seen anything.)

I did saw their ads everywhere: from Google to Yahoo News.

Some time ago a friend of mine sent me a print screen on WhatsApp with two of my premium domains, in an ad from a local news site.

It's easy to see their ads: if you're not american, just install a VPN and choose the country "US". After that search in Google for something like "premium domains" and you will see their ads.

I just did that, see the print screen:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-22-19-45-05-019_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-22-19-45-05-019_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 71
•••
Some time ago a friend of mine sent me a print screen on WhatsApp with two of my premium domains, in an ad from a local news site.

It's easy to see their ads: if you're not american, just install a VPN and choose the country "US". After that search in Google for something like "premium domains" and you will see their ads.

I just did that, see the print screen:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean an ad for Squadhelp themselves (like in Google Adwords), I meant ads for specific domain names that they say they promote in targeted (or re-targeted) ads. Just wondering if anyone here has ever actually seen one of those. But it sounds like your friend saw them for your names on WhatsApp, so that's good to know. Thanks!

•••
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean an ad for Squadhelp themselves (like in Google Adwords), I meant ads for specific domain names that they say they promote in targeted (or re-targeted) ads. Just wondering if anyone here has ever actually seen one of those. But it sounds like your friend saw them for your names on WhatsApp, so that's good to know. Thanks!

I've looked into my WhatsApp archive and I found the ad that I was talking about, with three domains (two are mine: jeyj and feyf):

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-22-21-56-53-394_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-22-21-56-53-394_com.whatsapp.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 77
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back