Domain Empire

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
NOTE: 2 monthly sales in this price range are needed to cover costs. Losing money at only 1 sale per month with this portfolio size.

Sorry. why? 114 domains * $9-10 / 12 months = $835 to 930 per month. You got $2250 at SH Your net gain 2250*0.7=$1575
It means 1 sale about per 2 month in this price range are needed to cover costs. It is enough for you to sell 7 domains for $ 2250 for each to cover all annual expenses

Last edited:
•••
Sorry. why? 114 domains * $9-10 / 12 months = $835 to 930 per month. You got $2250 at SH Your net gain 2250*0.7=$1575
It means 1 sale about per 2 month in this price range are needed to cover costs. It is enough for you to sell 7 domains for $ 2250 for each to cover all annual expenses
You got his number of domains wrong. Maybe around 1,140 domains not 114.

•••
I made an error when typing, but in the calculations I used 1114 domains. Please check my words. You can do this without a calculator. If someone has 1200 domains, this means that every month on average it should pay for 100 expired domains. That is, no more than 1000 dollars every month (with such domain portfolio , avy registrar makes discounts, even Godaddy). Our colleague assures that he needs to sell 2 domains per month, so as not to be in the minus, that is, 24 domains per year. But I show on his own example that it is enough for him to sell 7 domains at price range $2250. I really wonder why he overstates his expenses.

Edit I have 400 domains. And it is enough for me to sell only 2 domains per year at average price of $ 2500. This is a really profitable business if you control it. Squadhelp allows everyone to get gain. SH spends a lot of money on advertising. But words of our colleagues can scare away beginners.

Last edited:
•••
I made an error when typing, but in the calculations I used 1114 domains. Please check my words. You can do this without a calculator. If someone has 1200 domains, this means that every month on average it should pay for 100 expired domains. That is, no more than 1000 dollars every month (with such domain portfolio , avy registrar makes discounts, even Godaddy). Our colleague assures that he needs to sell 2 domains per month, so as not to be in the minus, that is, 24 domains per year. But I show on his own example that it is enough for him to sell 7 domains. I really wonder why he overstates his expenses
Tax season

•••
Tax season
I have never heard about 300-400% taxes !!!
If the tax rate is 15-25%, then the amount of expenses will be covered when selling an additional 1-2 domains. Per year.
7+2 = 9. And 9 never equal 24.

•••
I too never heard of a calculator

•••
So pity that the calciuator program is not installed on your computer. I hope you still do not use ZX Spectrum :0)

Last edited:
•••
I made an error when typing, but in the calculations I used 1114 domains. Please check my words. You can do this without a calculator. If someone has 1200 domains, this means that every month on average it should pay for 100 expired domains. That is, no more than 1000 dollars every month (with such domain portfolio , avy registrar makes discounts, even Godaddy). Our colleague assures that he needs to sell 2 domains per month, so as not to be in the minus, that is, 24 domains per year. But I show on his own example that it is enough for him to sell 7 domains at price range $2250. I really wonder why he overstates his expenses.

Edit I have 400 domains. And it is enough for me to sell only 2 domains per year at average price of $ 2500. This is a really profitable business if you control it. Squadhelp allows everyone to get gain. SH spends a lot of money on advertising. But words of our colleagues can scare away beginners.
How do you know what his total expenses are? He never said ALL his domains are on SquadHelp. He might have double or more whats on SH.

Either way your critique about what he is “overstating“ is as usual not called for nor is it your business. Your tone always come across as bitter towards those succeeding at SH.

•••
What OTHER costs are we talking about?? I am not worried about all his expenses at all. This branch is dedicated to Squadhelp. Therefore, it will be correct to judge the benefits received there. With my message I want to support the SH marketplace. Otherwise, beginners will have an idea that there are such astronomical expenses that having a thousand domains, it is necessary to sell 24 domains a year to compensate for all expenses. This is an erroneous opinion. If domainer will sell 24 domains per year, he make good profits. With my message, I asked my colleague not to mislead the people. And if he has such large expenses on other sites, then it makes sense to place all domains to Squadhelp.

•••
Standard Listings that use SH nameservers are supposed to appear in the Premium Listings marketplace if a buyer searches for the exact match domain. But that is not the case with my names. Does it work for others?

•••
•••
•••
I do not understand the negativity from some of you. The man wrote not truth, I pointed that. Let him explain where he got such great expenses. I do not have such expenses. By placing domains at SH marketplace, I always make a profit. And I am friends with mathematics.

•••
Standard Listings that use SH nameservers are supposed to appear in the Premium Listings marketplace if a buyer searches for the exact match domain. But that is not the case with my names. Does it work for others?
I have the same thing, a colleague. If I introduce the full name of the domain, only then it is displayed in the search. If you enter part of the word, even if there are no premium domains with such a root, your standard domain will not be displayed. I believe that SH team needs to fix it.

•••
I have the same thing, a colleague. If I introduce the full name of the domain, only then it is displayed in the search. If you enter part of the word, even if there are no premium domains with such a root, your standard domain will not be displayed. I believe that SH team needs to fix it.
My names do not display even if I enter the entire name, and adding the .com doesn't help.

•••
My names do not display even if I enter the entire name, and adding the .com doesn't help.
You need to write about that at SH discussion forum

•••
You need to write about that at SH discussion forum
I just checked again, and some of them do appear, but some of my most premium names do not. Maybe because some algorithm thinks the price is too high?

•••
I just checked again, and some of them do appear, but some of my most premium names do not. Maybe because some algorithm thinks the price is too high?
Checked some of my names even if NS are not pointed to SH and they DO appear in search results if I enter exact term (with no spaces)

•••
Checked some of my names even if NS are not pointed to SH and they DO appear in search results if I enter exact term (with no spaces)
Thanks, that is good to hear.

•••
Either way your critique about what he is “overstating“ is as usual not called for nor is it your business. Your tone always come across as bitter towards those succeeding at SH.
Why are you writing a lie? I myself invited a lot of creatives and domainers to SH because I trust this site and glad to everyone who has succeeded there. I just pathologically do not accept a lie. Our colleague wrote about his astronomical expenses in such a way that he could scare away other domainers to place their domains at SH. I hope he will be more accurate in his calculations next time. Otherwise, his message about great expenses looks like an anti -advertisement of SH And I ask you to answer only for your words and actions. I gave mathematical evidence, what do you offer? Only a bunch of anonymous dislikes

•••
I see my standard listings in the premium marketplace only if I add the entire name, including the TLD.

If you added your standard listings recently, wait for a few days to appear in the premium marketplace. :)

•••
Why are you writing a lie? I myself invited a lot of creatives and domainers to SH because I trust this site and glad to everyone who has succeeded there. I just pathologically do not accept a lie. Our colleague wrote about his astronomical expenses in such a way that he could scare away other domainers to place their domains at SH. I hope he will be more accurate in his calculations next time. Otherwise, his message about great expenses looks like an anti -advertisement of SH And I ask you to answer only for your words and actions. I gave mathematical evidence, what do you offer? Only a bunch of anonymous dislikes
I am not lying look at your own postings. They are always hypercritical and negative. Who are you to question his expenses? Are you insinuating he lied?

•••
I see my standard listings in the premium marketplace only if I add the entire name, including the TLD.

If you added your standard listings recently, wait for a few days to appear in the premium marketplace. :)
Thanks. Yes, some of my names have only been listed for about a week with SH nameservers, so maybe it takes a while to come into effect.

•••
I do not hint, but confirm, using mathematical calculations that our colleague is wrong. There are no anger in my messages, I ask the opponents to express myself clearer. I have no right to discuss his expenses if he does not flaunt them. But if he openly provided them, he must be ready to confirm his words. We work on one site and must hold together. I do not understand why exactly you continue the squabble and do not give your colleague to answer, why he should sell at least 2 domains per month in order to cover his expenses. This is not true. I am sure that last year he sold less than 24 domains, but did not stop doing domaining. Cause he get gain. See here. In this branch, the question arose of expenses. I noticed inaccuracy and reported it. We must discuss it with a colleague. And then you enter and begins the squabble. You are superfluous in this situation and you personally lie by hanging labels on me. I do not like an unconstructive conversation, so I will no longer answer to your attacks.
But I declare to newcomers that having more than 1000 domains at their SH account, in order to make a profit it is not necessary to sell 20 or more domains at an average price. This site is ideal for beginner startups, as it allows not only to sell domains, but also to take part in contests and save money for the purchase of new domains. If there is little money, Squadhelp team register the domain by your tip. That is how I started. And grateful to SH for this opportunity.
I am not lying look at your own postings. They are always hypercritical and negative. Who are you to question his expenses? Are you insinuating he lied?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back