IT.COM

domains As Meta stock tumbles with Metaverse losses mounting, should domainer’s rethink their domain holdings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

With all the speculation and hype around the Metaverse and domain names related to Metaverse and meta, this past week had to give one pause. Meta Platforms the parent of Facebook got trounced in the market. They are losing a lot of money so far in their attempt to build their Metaverse. The stock of […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Mark Zuckerberg’s metaverse vision is over. Can Apple save it?​

The CEO of the social media giant has spent billions on his virtual reality dream – and still no one understands the idea. Now the world’s richest firm could change the game.

Read more:

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...gs-metaverse-vision-is-over-can-apple-save-it
Journalists seem to be falling over themselves to write their 'metaverse is dead' pieces while they still can. Even the dimmest of them can surely see the hype is going be 10 x bigger in just 12 days time.

•••
Journalists seem to be falling over themselves to write their 'metaverse is dead' pieces while they still can. Even the dimmest of them can surely see the hype is going be 10 x bigger in just 12 days time.
Just like apparently Crypto, DeFi, NFT, Web 3, Vr, Ar, Xr are all gone, just because the world economy has gone flat.

•••
I’ve been saying for quite some time that the idea of the metaverse is dumb.

Anyone who invested in these types of domains will regret it. Good luck and just know it happens. Learning curve…

•••
The Metaverse is The Wold's Deepest Money Pit

Poor Zuck lol
Even the avatars suck. Play a PS5 game that has avatars, and see what a higher quality avatar looks like

Last edited:
•••
I found that the people into the metaverse and products like it, believe in it like someone believes in a cult and would rather lose everything they have than reconsider their investments.

Most people not into it are not against it, they just want to wait a little more before investing.

To confirm it's a cult, anyone that challenges the belief in the metaverse, is immediately attacked by the cult worshippers. Some people get so intimidated by these worshippers that they either say nothing or worse, give bad investment advice to appease the few very loud, people of the meta cult. You also will find people that don't believe in it that will say, "I definitely think one day it will be very popular, however, that will take a while." They say this out of fear of the cult worshippers.

I agree, but there is also a cult of denial about the metaverse. It is a fact that thousands of companies are building their own digital worlds and calling them the "metaverse".

•••
•••
Zuck's vision was based on an indefinite run of people being stuck at home and trying to fulfill a possible connection void via virtual. So, the pandemic didn't work out for him.

But in the future should the world really become trapped and physical contact and travel become a near impossibility for extreme stretches, his vision could come to fruition. So not something to discount if you hold really, really good names in this category.

Being trapped at home need not apply to only health-related stuff, it will also be climate related. Extreme heat spells, cold spells etc. So a virtual outlet could very well become the norm for our socialization. But God forbid. In their hearts, people need outside. The real outside.

•••
10 x 0 = 0

What's happening in 12 days, zuck is leaving the board?

1684922456148.png

•••
I read a lot about the Meta shares drubbing at the stock market. It is not a joke that 700 Billion US Dollars were wiped out with the crash of 24% in Meta Price.
With all prudency warranted, I have decide to stop buying any Meta or Metaverse related domain names. And whatever names that I have in my portfolio, I will sell them at throw away price now.

Last edited:
•••
we still want hedges shorts and gold

BUT now the London Kid http://londonkid.com

sees 89 days and 8 waves in META :
the call option candidate...
the call option candidate...META-8-Waves.png (141.12 KiB) Not viewed yet
and possibly a massive short squeeze in MULN :
possibly the only game in town...
possibly the only game in town...MULN-Base.png (51.33 KiB) Not viewed yet
Wishing that You may Prevail over Inflation !

Cheers !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back