IT.COM

question Are you still sending outbound emails?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tomzilla

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Is it wise to send outbound emails at this time? Considering that it's the holiday season.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Holiday season = shopping season ;)

•••
I'm curious because I've started to see a lag in my sales. Wonder if it's due to the approaching holidays and if I should give it a break until the new year.

•••
Yes I'm still sending. And as always, no sales from outbound. Have you recorded any sale from outbound?

•••
Yes I'm still sending. And as always, no sales from outbound. Have you recorded any sale from outbound?
Yes I have but not in December. December is kinda dry.

•••
I am thinking do to the holidays, I think a good method would be when doing outbound make sure to mention holiday special discount on domain etc. Outbound does work but it does take a lot of time and consistency. It is the game of numbers and the more prospects you reach out to the better your chances at making a sale.

This is a good time to buy since it is very slow many people will simply be thrilled to make a sale that they are more open to negotiations.

- WIll

•••
I am thinking do to the holidays, I think a good method would be when doing outbound make sure to mention holiday special discount on domain etc. Outbound does work but it does take a lot of time and consistency. It is the game of numbers and the more prospects you reach out to the better your chances at making a sale.

This is a good time to buy since it is very slow many people will simply be thrilled to make a sale that they are more open to negotiations.

- WIll
Nice one Will. Can you help us with the number of prospect you target per domain name?

•••
I'm curious because I've started to see a lag in my sales. Wonder if it's due to the approaching holidays and if I should give it a break until the new year.

Have you tried reaching out on LinkedIn?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is it wise to send outbound emails at this time? Considering that it's the holiday season.

It certainly doesn't hurt. People do also purchase domains for xmas!

•••
•••
Nope, I am only reaching through email. Have you had any luck through Linkedin?

I tried it, no luck. I prefer using Twitter.

•••
Some companies have extra money to use before the year end because they were below budget during the year, and if they don’t spend it, it’s gone.

Could be a good incentive for then

•••
Some companies have extra money to use before the year end because they were below budget during the year, and if they don’t spend it, it’s gone.

Yh.
And usually December time is actually for laying down budget and goals for the next year.
So, money here and there.
Only started using LinkedIn to reach out about a week or so.
But I feel like its better than the traditional email method.

•••
Nice one Will. Can you help us with the number of prospect you target per domain name?

I try to do initially at least 50-100 prospects then move on to next domain. I can always go back a few weeks or months later to find new prospects for them but I usually just do the initial outbound.

When you have a good name on your hands though sometimes there are over 300 potential prospects to reach out to so with those I invest more time into them and spread out my outbound efforts weekly.

- Will

•••
I try to do initially at least 50-100 prospects then move on to next domain. I can always go back a few weeks or months later to find new prospects for them but I usually just do the initial outbound.

When you have a good name on your hands though sometimes there are over 300 potential prospects to reach out to so with those I invest more time into them and spread out my outbound efforts weekly.

- Will
Great. Thanks. BTW how do you source for your target audience?

•••
@Amzymayor
How i source for potential end-users
1. Bing
2. Google
3. Hunter.io
4. NameDroppers.com
5. Clearbit
6. Whois

I still do outbound, even in this season.
Call it a Christmas discount sale!

•••

I take the domain keyword and put it on Google and see what sites are ranking for this keyword and sites advertising on Google Adwords for the term. I do the same thing with related keywords as well. I use Zfbot to give me sites using the keyword term within their domain.

Once I make the list of prospects then it's time to gather the contacts/decision makers I need to get in touch with to offer them the domain I am selling.

There are a few tools you can use but one that I like and have success with it's Hunter plugin for chrome. It helps you get information on main decision makers or good contacts of most sites. When it doesn't work due to the site/company not being big enough etc I simply go on the site itself and search for any contact email addresses. I check on Whois as well.

•••
This take lot of work and time :xf.smile: can you tell us what is your sales ratio?

•••

Yeah, we used to call it not YearEnd money, but “Urine money”, ready to be pissed away by Dec. 31. Great time to sell sometimes Decembers were great for me.

•••
I take the domain keyword and put it on Google and see what sites are ranking for this keyword and sites advertising on Google Adwords for the term. I do the same thing with related keywords as well. I use Zfbot to give me sites using the keyword term within their domain.

Once I make the list of prospects then it's time to gather the contacts/decision makers I need to get in touch with to offer them the domain I am selling.

There are a few tools you can use but one that I like and have success with it's Hunter plugin for chrome. It helps you get information on main decision makers or good contacts of most sites. When it doesn't work due to the site/company not being big enough etc I simply go on the site itself and search for any contact email addresses. I check on Whois as well.
Thanks for your explanation. By using hunter, I sometimes see a lot of names without their title. Do you just contact 1 of the names or all of them?

•••
@Amzymayor
1. Bing
2. Google
3. Hunter.io
4. NameDroppers.com
5. Clearbit
6. Whois

Great one. Thanks

•••

- Will
Have you ever had only about a quarter or a third open up your emails? Let's say you contacted 50 prospects but only 12 opened up? Sometimes I experience that and it is frustrating I must say.

Last edited:
•••
G

Have you ever had only about a quarter or a third open up your emails? Let's say you contacted 50 prospects but only 12 opened up? Sometimes I experience that and it is frustrating I must say.

Ah sometimes things like this happen - it's just a part of the industry that we're in

It would be amazing if every single email sent out was opened and replied to, but it's just not realistic :-,
In this industry you have to send 99 emails just to have the 100th one lead into a potential sale

•••
@Amzymayor
1. Bing
2. Google
3. Hunter.io
4. NameDroppers.com
5. Clearbit
6. Whois

Nice list

Crunchbase
Data.com are also good ones to use :-,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back