Dynadot

question Are You Ready For A Big Sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
If you got a call from a wealthy buyer who wanted one of your domains, what would you say?

A lot of people are waiting for the magic day, but what would you say? Are you prepared?

Not sure? This thread might help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that big companies get a brokerage service to dealing a domain. So, it is better be conscious about domain value.
Yeah,

Last week it was funny.

I got an inquiry from a company and few days later a broker contacted me about the same domain. In some cases, they will hire a broker to hide their identity.

Domain is a TwoWord .com Music program, school related.

•••
Waiting for somebody to reachout to me........always having big faith on my Regs.....the worst ones are already waiting to be dropped.....

If somebody reaches out to me..I will obviously be ecstatic but also doubtful...

•••
What would I say? Well if it was a premium domain that I believed in highly.

"I want (ENTER BIG NUMBER HERE) for this domain. No games."

If they don't like my price, too bad.

•••
Yes, DNJ reports are filled with stories of mediocre-caliber domains which sell for $xxxx or more. However, a lot of low $XXX sales are lost because most buyers do not view domains as worth more than $XX (but they might stretch a little for the right name). Domain renewals are not free and unless an investor is getting regular offers, one has to be more realistic with pricing - at least on average names.

•••
Being ready with the payment medium is important too. Don't wait till the last second to prepare for the transfer of funds. Do we both have an escrow account with the same company? May be difficult to find a common escrow especially with China-based buyers. Also consider the hold in your bank account for deposits over 10k.

•••
Same happened to me, but reversed with ogeda/ com.. gave developer a much lower price if we went with escrow a few days later business owner BINed it from afternic. Hand reg went for 5k, maybe could have be been my first xx,xxx sale. You never know what someone is willing to pay, don't ask and you won't receive.
Yeah,

Last week it was funny.

I got an inquiry from a company and few days later a broker contacted me about the same domain. In some cases, they will hire a broker to hide their identity.

Domain is a TwoWord .com Music program, school related.

•••
I believe 80%+ of a sale is in the buying of the name in the first place - ie best quality at a reasonable price. I don't worry about leaving money on the table as long as the sale price I achieve fits in with my goals. The buyer will probably have skills, patience, experience, contacts, etc (that I don't have) for them to make their profit, and good on them for that.

Have faith in your judgement, after learning as much as you can and making your own decision on the appropriate sale price.

I NEVER appear needy for a sale, even though I might desperately require the money. Repeatedly saying NO to someone who is serious can often get them to move significantly closer to the sale price we want, which we have to determine beforehand. The ones that disappear are simply not serious.

Saying NO to a high price is only difficult if you do not have realistic confidence and faith in what you are asking - I currently have a $65k offer awaiting a reply on one of my names, and will easily be saying NO because I have already had multiple much higher offers for it. (I have already said NO to this particular broker several times about this name and the price has moved upwards from the $50k initial offer.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back