Dynadot

Are you- An Opportunist or Nefarious Character?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
I guess that's what a domainer is either one or the other? Hmmmm.
"o n l i n e o p p o r t u n i s t s are l e g i t i m a t e l y grabbing “c a t e g o ry killers”' '

I am sitting here laughing about this statement after reading the m a r k s m e n s website, seems that this domain business has every base covered doesn't it? I am amazed at huge number of peripheral business' attached to domaining.

So corporations and the knowledgeable have their go-between, shadow buyers out there. Has anyone had experience and willing to post something about selling a name for a decent price by them? Probably, you only discovered it after the domain was transferred. Let me guess, they probably first contact you about a name with "make offer" under a nondescript email address like johndoe101 @ GM---L.com address, so as to not blow their cover. Then, beat you up on the price or some whipping post form of negotiation, or something like that, as long as they are not in a big hurry to acquire a name. Then the transaction moves in a proxy name, and you then discover who really bought your name a few months later. I like the statement where they help some dingbat corporations who have produced a product and forgot to buy the domain after it's packaged, lol.

On one hand, I like it as a business niche idea whoever started it- my hat's off to them. I didn't read many threads the past year here about them- but I saw they were busy it seems every post I read on the news site as they "secured THE Name" for their client. On the other hand, it sure seems kinda hmmm. ???? - being a proxy buyer is kinda like the reverse of a shill isn't it? Their sole intent as a middleman is to protect the buyer from paying higher prices with their stealth and you as a domainer less inclined from making a windfall from your speculative buy on a name sitting for years with dust on it to some large megabucks entity, well that's a good thing to know.

Pretty cool business scheme- as they have large corporations on retainer that have the mega-funds. I am glad I discovered this, and think any new or small time domainer should be aware that if you are approached for one of your names that has potential- it could be someone with more money to spend than what is being represented through these guys.

Pretty Interesting business- being stealth and they are probably even among all the thousands of people here on NP's or at least scanning these threads for information.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back