Domain Empire

Are Longer Domain Names (two words) Never Valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have - what I believe is - a great (valuable) domain.

However, it is composed of two words - the first is 4 syllables and the second is three.

Would a names of this length, regardless of the term, always be of little worth?

Any thoughts sincerely appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could try posting the domain in the appraisal section of this forum.
Most of my domains are two word .coms and I couldn't be happier. Just take a look at the weekly afternic and sedo domain sales reports posted on thedomains.com every week, the majority of the domains on those lists are two word .com
Syllable count doesn't make or break a great domain, but at least you are headed in the right direction with .com, good luck with your domain :)

•••
The best thing to remember with 2-3 words domains is that the words should both go together AND make sense...

Take RedHotPoker.com as an example, it is a gambling site however it is also well known that pokers are shoved in fires and can get very hot...just think of the mental imagery this evokes around the green baize? :)

Just noticed on the ticker at top of site that "JustWink.com" sold for $65,000, this just goes to prove the point.

•••
Would a names of this length, regardless of the term, always be of little worth?
it would depend on how popular is this keyword combination (measured by number of searches per month), how hot is the market niche for these keywords and if there are whether other alternatives available for registration or if they all taken

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back