Dynadot

.biz Are .biz domains any good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
to the guy who just sold Manhattan.biz for $5000 I would think so. For a small business that cannot afford the .com .biz provides a nice alternative. MOLE where are you ?

•••
I'm sure A few are worth something to the right person.I will not register one myself,unless I'm trying to get all the ltd's of A certain name.

•••
It's difficult to answer such a generic question briefly, but in my opinion - Yes they are good (and valuable) if chosen smartly and/or used properly. Some countries are more favorable towards them than others, and the reported .BIZ sales at DNJournal have been looking good this year.

I suggest browsing though this thread and reading the posts by "mole" as Equity78 mentioned.

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=111112

You can find more information and opinions by using the Quick Search at the top of the forum.

•••
I hope so... :gl:

I recently regd www.sackville.biz (my hometown)
It is gone in all major ext.

As luck would have it, the PLAN is to build a "sackville business directory" so the .biz
fits pretty good.

And, many domainers will argue that the ext. doesn't matter near as much as the
content anyway.

Having said that - .com RULES :)

Last edited:
•••
Wish I had the dot-com tld.

I own refi.biz, a real estate refinance domain. I have no doubt that if I had refi.com instead, I'd be living in a better home and driving a nicer car right now.

•••
simpsons said:
Are .biz domains any good? :-/

The fact that you need to ask this question may suggest (though not definitely) that you belong to the following demo-psycho profile;

1. You do not work as a highly skilled business professional in a well established brain-industry MNC.

2. You do not read Businessweek, Forbes, and WSJ.

3. You do not watch CNN, CNBC or Reuters.

4. You tend towards a traditionalist mindset rather than that of an experimentalist or uncoventionalist.

5. FastCompany to you means a fast food chain rather than a business magazine.

6. Whenever you see B2B, it reminds you of Boobs and Breasts.

7. The letter Z to you looks more like :zzz: than one symbolic of speed.

8. You think that Tom Peters is a famous baseball player rather than a management guru.

9. Social networking to you means a crazy night out with the guys at the neighbourhood pub, not attending trade seminars and industry conferencees.

10. Your two front teeth is missing and mouthing the word ' BIZ' results in saliva splatting out onto the unfortunate victim in front of you.

Last edited:
•••
sold droplists.biz for $100

•••
I have two Biz domains: One is Snoopdog.biz, the other is Stuffs.biz! Stuffs.biz is now for sale in NP's NameBucks (NP$) Sales & Auctions area!

•••
I guess it's ok for company names. But unless I get very strong keywords, I'm sticking to either .com or .org for generic words.

•••
biz is not the bestest of names but can be good alternetive say if you want a specific name and the com is gone then you could go for a biz

•••
Thanks for all that info about .biz :D

•••
it really just depends on the domain.

Some domains are better in .com, some .info. It all really depends on the domain and what it is being used for.

See my sig...

•••
•••
well there are lots of pros and cons about this one but i would say that its better to get .com .net .org simply because they are common.

•••
If you look at my sig, you will see that I have Droplists.biz, the .biz extension in this case fits better than .net as it denotes that there is money to be made.

I would NEVER say that one extension is better than all of the rest, as it depends 100% on the intended use of the domain, its target audience and of course the domain itself.

•••
Colin Behr said:
If you look at my sig, you will see that I have Droplists.biz, the .biz extension in this case fits better than .net as it denotes that there is money to be made.

I would NEVER say that one extension is better than all of the rest, as it depends 100% on the intended use of the domain, its target audience and of course the domain itself.
i agree there is always situation when one is better than the other extension like the case you mentioned biz was better than com. and as for popularity that just means a lower chance of getting the name you wnat

•••
I personaly dislike .biz. May be its that "z" in the end that makes it look kinda lame..like..warez..muzik..buZiness..just don't like it.

-Pratik

•••
pratiknaik said:
May be its that "z" in the end that makes it look kinda lame..like..warez..muzik..buZiness..just don't like it.

http://www.businessweek.com uses Global Biz and Small Biz.

Maybe you should tell them it looks kinda lame... :lol:

•••
I dont own any .biz and dont think it is something I would look at for the moment anyway :td:

•••
mellowmasher said:
I dont own any .biz and dont think it is something I would look at for the moment anyway :td:

Same thing happened to me back in 1995 when I didn't own any .com and not something I would look at for. Back then, I remember seeing so many killer names still available. I thought, pah, .com looks like some stupid DOS executable file, I preferred .net (for 'Internet' )! Took me till 2000 to own my first .com. By then, I was way way too late.

•••
mole said:
Same thing happened to me back in 1995 when I didn't own any .com and not something I would look at for. Back then, I remember seeing so many killer names still available. I thought, pah, .com looks like some stupid DOS executable file, I preferred .net (for 'Internet' )! Took me till 2000 to own my first .com. By then, I was way way too late.

:sick: lol thats not good D-:

Just looking around there are some real fab gems .biz but with .tv up and comming too I have to be alittle careful :td:

•••
Hi Mole,

With "business" being one of the number one keywords on the planet. Do you think its likely they will bring out another similar extension for business? :)

•••
i think info will be bigger than biz i prefer it to biz i don't know about anyone else

•••
Fkrule said:
i think info will be bigger than biz i prefer it to biz i don't know about anyone else

I have a few .info's but really think .com is the only one doing "really" well :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back