Dynadot

Are .be's no longer free.bes?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just had a look around at a few places that were doing .be for free - like EuroDNS and RegisterFly for example... and they've stopped now. They are charging for .be's arond $17-$18 each! I've even seen a registrar doing them for 17 Euros! Can't remember exactly who it was. But anyway...

Q: Does anyone know if there are any other registrars who are still giving away the dot be tld's for free?

Q: Also, does anyone know/have any idea as to why they so expensive ($17 for .be compared to $8 for .com)!?

Q: Finally, if the freebies have stopped would that mean the value of .be's are going to increase (as in to sell them on, ie. in forums, sedo etc)?

Thanks in advance for all your responses/views.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I've already tried them, it says free until you enter all your details and are about to confirm - it then sends you to a payment page totalling $20.80 - $17.89 for the domain + some other charge.

Same goes for RegisterFly, they are still advertising it as free, however when you login to your account and add a .be domain to your cart - you can see it gets charged at around $17 also.

•••
Yeah i've been trying to find them too lol, i wanted a few... ah well. If they are no more then that's fine i suppose, i prefer the ones i get from here anyway!

•••
The promo was supposed to end 31 Jan. Now the registrars have to pay registry fees again.

•••
They are not free anymore.

•••
•••
Nothing to be sad about, it was declared earlier so you must have been aware of this promo ending soon

•••
Nothing to be sad about at all. Hopefully freebes stopping should make them of more value - for those who got some good names will probably be happy about it. Most likely it wont be a sudden jump, but gradually should improve on value.

•••
They had announced this long back. The free .be registrations were to end on jan 31 and they did

•••
thanks
i think thats already been established from the previous posters already.

any news on pricing/value/sales would be appreciated.

•••
Yes its too sad for me too. I'll wait for another free and domains i will get here.

•••
If you read dns.be they said they have over 1 million registrations now because of this special

•••
where can get the .be free now??

•••
The campaign is over. .be is no longer free to register.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back