NameSilo

debate AR Vs. VR - The gloves are off!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ar will be bigger than Vr, look it up!
It's not what you know, it's what the masses know. AR as it pertains to domains and branding isn't going to happen.

Virtual reality isn't even going to really hit the masses for a decade, or more, or never. The dollar amount of a specific niche industry doesn't equate to domains sold in that niche. It's an educated gamble at best for these types of investments. 99% of domains in this thread and similar threads are flushed money.

Careful kids!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VR will very soon be mainstream. No doubt.

•••
Last night I went to The Melbourne Ar and Vr Show, it was pretty cool and there were different demos and speakers. You can see it is only early days but one gent was already running a business called vrmixtape.com.au and he was offering free shows. I didn't bother but the people who did seemed to like it. I also played a Augmented Reality Game that had a "marker" on a coffee table and this allowed you to shoot zombies via a tablet. Another company that runs fantasy zombie games in a wharehouse were also there www.zerolatencyvr.com. There was even free beer and pizza. I was pleased to see interest in Augmented Reality, reinforced some of my thinking. Lots of room for both technologies I say.

•••
•••
•••
I like hyper reality or hr as apple used this term in there 2009 patient grant where they applied for " a 3d hyper reality experience " so if apple ended up adopting this term then watch out for hr

•••
I like hyper reality or hr as apple used this term in there 2009 patient grant where they applied for " a 3d hyper reality experience " so if apple ended up adopting this term then watch out for hr

Going crazy with all those terms. Ill stick to VR MR ;)

•••
Yep, too hard to cover all bases, it is a bit like bitcoin, there are others but the one we all know is bitcoin

•••
imo , VR which is already getting into the mainstream will do well
and also MR (instead of AR )

thats my hunch.

•••
Ar is back thanks to pokemon go most talked about and downloaded app a sucessful future technology game and first out test for augmented reality best ar game in a long time go ar

Last edited:
•••
Ar is back thanks to pokemon go most talked about and downloaded app a sucessful future technology game and first out test for augmented reality best ar game in a long time go ar

Yes, AR can be a very good opportunity for the short term.

•••
Yes, AR can be a very good opportunity for the short term.
I see it around for at least 5 years until then ar will be king

•••
•••
simply, ar enhances present technology within various vertical markets, vr creates an entire new virtual reality that is not enhancing other existing tech .

•••
Another nice explanation about the differences between MR/VR/AR .
in the next months imo the differences will be clearer

Understanding Virtual Experiences: The Differences Between VR, MR, and AR
http://blog.intrepid.io/understandi...36728942&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

VR
VR.png

AR
AR.png

MR
MR.png

•••
•••
@doubleU @cordoba I'm researching this field for quiet a while now and latest thing i discovered is the the old AR meaning is beginning to change.
its a big opportunity for a lot of companies to differentiate and re-brand .

while Pokemon go is not an AR app by the traditional tech definition ,its getting known as one and making augmented reality very known to the masses .
the thing is , that the new AR definition is going to be (my guess) AR=Mobile AR .
opening the door to MR & Holo to describe all other experiences (glasses ,headsets & maybe MobileMR if tango will be branded as MR ) .

i personally dont see (for now) AR being bigger then VR in domains and think that the big boom is going to be the experiences with out the screen .

its much more sexier , and will make a bigger impact

•••
@doubleU @cordoba I'm researching this field for quiet a while now and latest thing i discovered is the the old AR meaning is beginning to change.
its a big opportunity for a lot of companies to differentiate and re-brand .

while Pokemon go is not an AR app by the traditional tech definition ,its getting known as one and making augmented reality very known to the masses .
the thing is , that the new AR definition is going to be (my guess) AR=Mobile AR .
opening the door to MR & Holo to describe all other experiences (glasses ,headsets & maybe MobileMR if tango will be branded as MR ) .

i personally dont see (for now) AR being bigger then VR in domains and think that the big boom is going to be the experiences with out the screen .

its much more sexier , and will make a bigger impact

PokemonGo has reminded us that the world is already AR enabled, all you need is a smart phone and that's what most of us have.

The stage is set for AR and boy will you know about it by the end of this year !

•••
PokemonGo has reminded us that the world is already AR enabled, all you need is a smart phone and that's what most of us have.

The stage is set for AR and boy will you know about it by the end of this year !

i hope so!!
i got some nice AR names but i got a different master plan in mind for the next step :)
as the cards are about to shuffle soon .

•••
•••
•••
Still soon, he is just teasing.

People like Tim Cook dont "tease", they say it like it is :-D

•••
•••
He is giving a direction ,not a term/keyword.

It will have influence if hes the CEO, he said its in his opinion..that means a lot...I guess we have to wait and see (might use that good ol crystal ball Im supposed ot have :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
•••
It will have influence if hes the CEO, he said its in his opinion..that means a lot...I guess we have to wait and see (might use that good ol crystal ball Im supposed ot have :rolleyes:)

I would have been very surprised if Apple (joining the game as late as they are going to be) didn't go for one of the advancing tech's following on from virtual reality.

Virtual Reality will be awesome no doubt about it. But merging content with the physical world is where the tech will be at it's most exciting.

I am not saying one tech will be better than another. I am just saying it is a promising time for people invested across a few different niches :)

What Apple chooses will sale though (I don't need a crystal ball to guess that).

Last edited:
•••
Got some vr but only one ar i.e. 1ar.org
Lets hope for the best. I heard about AR today only but VR seems more familiar. Infact when I bought 1Ar I was thinking about state of Arkansas.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back