VR vs. Hologram

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
19,301
Virtual Reality and Holograms are basically the same thing when used in a device like the hololens - don't you think? Depending on the method of display....

So what does this mean for VR domains vs. Hologram domains?
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
I’m not sure why you think ‘Holo’ is going to be bigger than the VR abbreviation, type VR into Google and you see what comes up. Type in ‘holo’ and all you find is pictures of a female anime character and the holocaust, nothing on any virtual device.

I’ve not even invested too much in the AR abbreviation personally, because I believe companies involved in AR will all be involved in VR/MR too, so I think single ‘v’ will be the choice some companies will go with, I’m so convinced by that I’ve spent big money on it already and was in negotiations to spend big on it again yesterday.

It fell through, so I don’t mind saying what I was trying to buy, I was looking to buy v-commerce.

Type that in on Google and see what comes up, how it’s going to replace e-commerce. Look at past sales of what ‘e’ domains what have sold for, things like eFlowers for 7 figures.

It makes perfect sense that ‘v’ COULD (and I highlight the word COULD) because no one knows for sure, represent all different types of virtual tech.
! $! $# genius !!!!
 
0
•••
Virtual reality (VR) is an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real life environment or situation. It immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality firsthand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing.

Holography is a photographic technique that records the light scattered from an object, and then presents it in a way that appears three-dimensional. Holograms pop up in movies such as "Star Wars" and "Iron Man," but the technology has not quite caught up to movie magic — yet.
 
1
•••
Check the last part for actual Holograms:

 
0
•••
2
•••
I prefer project 3d images with ability to touch/control them with fingers/hands than strapping on some clunky headset.. so holo for me. :)

For example if I wanted to have a coffee with a pal and play holo chess, no need to both have a headset or for that matter wear a cover. can just turn on the holo tech and have a friendly game of hole chess without any tech covering the face.. much more nicer
 
0
•••
Of course holo, but this tech is at least 10 years away, until then VR will rule.
 
0
•••
Early bird catches the worm(s) :)

I don't think it'll be that long, maybe 5 or 6 years
 
0
•••
I prefer project 3d images with ability to touch/control them with fingers/hands than strapping on some clunky headset.. so holo for me. :)

For example if I wanted to have a coffee with a pal and play holo chess, no need to both have a headset or for that matter wear a cover. can just turn on the holo tech and have a friendly game of hole chess without any tech covering the face.. much more nicer

maybe there is some confusion ?

VR is great and MR is great , but MR is not really going to bring holograms to your world (Just Marketing ) so headset/glasses are still on in VR & in MR .

VR is here , MR very soon not 5-6 years (1-3 tops for consumer) and will rock your world!!

Lightfield enabled Phones (marketed also as holographic phones for marketing-out in 2017) .

example
https://www.leia3d.com/technology/
https://www.leia3d.com/

Real Holograms are far away ! not even close to 5-6 years.
 
1
•••
0
•••
SAR - Spatial Augmented Reality is a practical alternative to headsets, virtual objects are projected around your environment.

Five ways augmented reality will transform your business

Ok ,

2 different things .

SAR is using projectors , very immature, will not replace anything ..

And the link is about AR& MR .

using a headset/glasses (projector is in the headset ) is actually the future of those projectors .

next is maybe contact lenses and then real holograms .

and thats far!!
 
2
•••
Holograms are essentially 3D projections, no glasses needed and no bumps on the head.

Recent patents by Amazon suggest to me that SAR will prelude holograms and hit the consumer market first.
 
2
•••
Holograms are essentially 3D projections, no glasses needed and no bumps on the head.

Recent patents by Amazon suggest to me that SAR will prelude holograms and hit the consumer market first.

Ofcourse.

Imo it will also be described as a kind of MR
 
1
•••
0
•••
1
•••
Another nice explanation about the differences between MR/VR/AR .
in the next months imo the differences will be clearer

Understanding Virtual Experiences: The Differences Between VR, MR, and AR
http://blog.intrepid.io/understandi...36728942&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

VR
VR.png

AR
AR.png

MR
MR.png
 
3
•••
Last edited:
1
•••
I did grab this one recently and quite like it ........HoloPromo
~
Holograms will be amazing to see used in the promotions industry, I once had hologramsign.com but like some of my "future tech" names let them drop, holding costs got a bit much. Of course now I wish I had kept them. Two that I also let drop are AdHolo and ProHolo I did keep HoloTise
 
Last edited:
0
•••

Cheers!
 
0
•••
Thanks @Mads..
Well ita only natural.
The natural evolution fron Mobile AR apps is to move to HMD MR, or in other words MR glasses.

MR is the future as it will be with us all day, and thats a big advantage.
Usage will be in every industry you can think about!
 
1
•••
hope my hologram,one will fetch me in future at least the 20k that metaverse,one made me
 
2
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back