IT.COM

news Future of AR VR Technology

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rajnish Prasad

Established Member
Impact
Was Just pondering over few articles posted over internet about the current and future market of "Augmented Reality" & "Virtual Reality" Technolgy.

As per some of the AR VR market is going to boom and by 2022 its a going to be one of the leading Technologies.

So, how is this going to impact the Domaining industry??
Is this on upward scale and moving very fast or is still to take a pace?
As most of the niche domains related to it has been registered.

Big tech companies like Apple,HTC, Sony, Samsung, Cupertino have started digging and diving deep into it.

Some of the Quotes:

" Back in 2016, CEO Tim Cook called it a "core technology," saying that he expects it to be a big technology"

"Now that Palmer Lucky has left Oculus, the biggest public cheerleader of VR is Mark Zuckerberg, who purchased Oculus for $2 billion for Facebook. "We're working on VR because I think it's the next major computing and communication platform after phones," he said in 2016. "We'll have the power to share our full sensory and emotional experience with people wherever we'd like."

"Zuckerberg believes in VR so much that he wants to invest $3 billion to get the technology where it needs to be, because he definitely doesn't think it's good enough now. While Zuck is all in on VR and the amount to spend on it, he's a little less enthused by AR, only mentioning that he expects it to go mainstream around 2022"

"The company, right now, is all in on developing its Daydream VR platform. It wanted to make VR extremely accessible with Cardboard, but Daydream's goal is a little grander: to make mobile VR great"

"Our new Augmented/Virtual Reality Report 2017base case is that Mobile AR could become the primary driver of a $108 billion VR/AR market by 2021 (underperform $94 billion, outperform $122 billion) with AR taking the lion’s share of $83 billion and VR $25 billion."

statista-vr-768x547.jpg

Michael D. Gallagher, @ESAGovAffairs, President and CEO, Entertainment Software Association (ESA) says "Virtual, augmented and mixed reality technologies are drawing millions of dollars in investments, and are on pace to be a $150 billion market by 2020."

Lets watch how the market turns...whether a upward trend or a Topsy Turvy turn and how it impacts the future domaing market.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for sharing the info :)

•••
No problem, just make sure you dont go and try and hand register any VR names, the good names were taken years ago. Rather try and email existing owners of good names and try and find some bargains. They are still out there :xf.wink:

•••
No problem, just make sure you dont go and try and hand register any VR names, the good names were taken years ago. Rather try and email existing owners of good names and try and find some bargains. They are still out there :xf.wink:

thanks for this info
Imo, there are still good vr names, regged a vr name this year and sold it within a month, also did outbound for one of my recent vr name where the end user give it a good score and promise to get back.

•••
thanks for this info
Imo, there are still good vr names, regged a vr name this year and sold it within a month, also did outbound for one of my recent vr name where the end user give it a good score and promise to get back.

Good Luck for your future sale!! :)

•••
FVAR.com
Future of Virtual and Augmented Reality is in my hands:xf.cool:

•••
•••
Most domainers who got disheartened having with them the Non-CHIP Letter "A & V" 4L domains would have got really boost with this "AR" & "VR" evolution. :)

•••

What was the name? Was it an end-user sale? You will always be able to flip hand-regged names for low prices to fellow domainers but they don't pay the big $$$

I am really referring to buying a name and making a good end-user sale, not buying a name for $10 and selling for $30 or $50 to a domainer

Last edited:
•••
What was the name? Was it an end-user sale? You will always be able to flip hand-regged names for low prices to fellow domainers but they don't pay the big $$$

I am really referring to buying a name and making a good end-user sale, not buying a name for $10 and selling for $30 or $50 to a domainer

But i could see that are still some of the good names available related to AR & VR.

And also people have started regging the names using prefix and suffix of ARVR & VRAR.

This is just the beginning and nascent phase of AR VR Technology and there is lot more to come out and there are still experiments and manufacturing in process related to new AR VR products and technology. The ARVR industry is not fully & properly established and there are more surprises to be seen in 2018 when new products will be launched and hit the market.

So there is lot more to be seen in upcoming next 2 years and the speculation is high that small and new start up companies will also be stepping in next 2 years accelarting the growth of this industry.

But still nothing could be said now with 100% guaranteed for this dynamic industry.

Last edited:
•••
But i could see that are still some of the good names available related to AR & VR.

And also people have started regging the names using prefix and suffix of ARVR & VRAR.

This is just the beginning and nascent phase of AR VR Technology and there is lot more to come out and there are still experiments and manufacturing in process related to new AR VR products and technology. The ARVR industry is not fully & properly established and there are more surprises to be seen in 2018 when new products will be launched and hit the market.

So there is lot more to be seen in upcoming next 2 years and the speculation is high that small and new start up companies will also be stepping in next 2 years accelarting the growth of this industry.

But still nothing could be said now with 100% guaranteed for this dynamic industry.

I really tried hard but didn't get your point.

•••

These are not good names being hand-registered, these are the average names that are left over, rather go and pay a bit more and get a decent name. Rather buy 2 decent names that will sell, rather than 25 names that will end up expiring in a year or 2.

Try and avoid the VRAR or ARVR registrations as well, they will be a tough sell

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back