NameSilo

new gtlds Apple Registers .Car, .Cars, and .Auto Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
According to Whois records and a Whois monitor alert I received this morning, Apple now owns Apple.Car, Apple.Cars, and Apple.Auto. These three domain name extensions went into sunrise in December, but the domain names appear to have just been registered by Apple within the last day or so. My guess is the registrations are for defensive purposes. They do not yet resolve.

I published an article with some more information and some insight about the news: http://www.domaininvesting.com/apple-registers-apple-car-domain-name/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3 to 5 different extensions to say the same thing. SMH.

It's not just these extensions that are redundant. Look at .site, .website, .online, .web. How can you tell me that these new gtlds are here to serve the end-users and small businesses?

•••
I agree that these are redundant, but it will be interesting to watch which vehicle-themed gTLD rises to the top. There is a lot of investment behind these extensions in particular.

Apple is smart to secure them all, even if only for defensive purposes. They may even put it to good use in the near future with in-car infotainment becoming a huge market.

•••
3 to 5 different extensions to say the same thing. SMH.

It's not just these extensions that are redundant. Look at .site, .website, .online, .web. How can you tell me that these new gtlds are here to serve the end-users and small businesses?
Don't forget about .ws which can also be used for "website". What a waste of time...

•••
According to Whois records and a Whois monitor alert I received this morning, Apple now owns Apple.Car, Apple.Cars, and Apple.Auto. These three domain name extensions went into sunrise in December, but the domain names appear to have just been registered by Apple within the last day or so. My guess is the registrations are for defensive purposes. They do not yet resolve.

I published an article with some more information and some insight about the news: http://www.domaininvesting.com/apple-registers-apple-car-domain-name/
Why do you post nTLD news on a .com domain name? I think you should change your website address to domain(.)investments (this is not mine domain).
IMO

•••
Google did too according to registered.today

Attachments

• google.JPG
    google.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 10
•••
I don't know what they going to do with .auto or .cars domain extension. whether they going to sell cars? any body there to clarify this?

•••
they are all working on self driving cars

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back