IT.COM

.app, .blog and .forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
I've been looking at some of the upcoming gTLDs and these are probably the only ones I'm really considering investing in.

Do you think these have any potential? I feel these are some of the better of the (extremely large) selection of new gTLDs which could have some decent resale value.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to 'invest' I think it would be good to stick to the extensions that are proven. Try with .com first until you are more experienced, if you can't make repeat sales in .com it's extremely unlikely you will have more success with exotic extensions.

I am not a believer in new TLDs personally, I think it's not investing but it's gambling, there is no established aftermarket. And so far we can see that the demand from consumers isn't there, but that is hardly surprising.
Wait and see. Let the others take a stab for you and see what happens.

•••
I think forums are dead. Social media is the way forward.
.blog is good extension

•••
Only few premium words or expressions could have a resale value right now. And most of them (if not all) are not available for registration.
I wouldn't spend 1 cent for any of these new gTLD, currently.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back