IT.COM

Anyway to SUE GOOGLE ADSENSE??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

killerid

Account Suspended
Impact
Hi,
Recently i got this Email from google adsense which disabled my account when i had 25 $ in my account and the payment day coming near.

Code:
It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on
the ads on your web pages. We have therefore disabled your Google
AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an
effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

A publisher's site may not have invalid clicks on any ad(s), including
but not limited to clicks generated by a publisher on his own web
pages, clicks generated through the use of robots, automated clicking
tools, or any other deceptive software.

Practices such as these are in violation of the Google AdSense Terms
and Conditions and program polices, which can be viewed at:

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms?hl=en_US
https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_US

Publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed further
participation in AdSense and do not receive any further payment. The
earnings on your account will be properly returned to the affected
advertisers.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

How am i supposed to know that somone did invalid clicks? its not my fault that someone did invalid clicks so any way i can sue google or get my earned money out of them? Help would be appreciated. And i will donate all my np if i get my earned money from google back to the one who helped me out.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not ask Google who was the source of the invalid clicks, then work back from there?

•••
You are talking about suing over 25$ ??? - You cant file anything without spending more than 25$ ....

Think about it ~

•••
A. It’s not worth it. What’s $25? You can’t even get a meal for that here.
B. Google haven’t done anything wrong. You agreed to there terms when you signed up.
C. It will cost you WAY more than $25 to actually do anything about it, and you would loose anyway.

•••
I agree with jon,

its pointless, google dumps 1000's of adsense members and probably even more now that adwords members keep suing for click fraud.

•••
#1. The legal fees will cost [way] more than $25, and you more than likely will lose. Read their policies before signing up, silly - they reserve the right to terminate your account along w/ earnings.

#2. You wouldn't have got the money for a long time, as they only pay 1 month after a month-end where you have earned over $100, which judging by the fuss you've created over just $25, you never would have.

#3. Move on; you can make that money in a day, or at least the most of us can.

•••
After 5 months i had 25 $ :sold: u think it was invalid clicks ? seriously its just that adsense doesnt want to pay up i will try contacting them and ask why account got closed for if someone else clicked on the ads and produced invalid clicks . How would namepros feel if some one went crazy and kept clicking the ads here and there randomly and the adsense account closed?? So, what this means is that if someone has something against some site they can go to that site with google ads and can get there adsense account closed that is totaly not fair and someone should stand up against this unfairness. What if this happens to all u guys who have google ads on ur site and next morning u wake up finding ur account closed?

•••
There not going to do anything anyways-- my acct was suspended a while back and I can tell you it had a good amt more than $25 in it. I even asked if they could take the funds but leave my acct open, but they said no.

•••
u think it was invalid clicks ? seriously its just that adsense doesnt want to pay up

Adsense don’t care about $25. They would NOT risk giving themselves a bad reputation over this tiny amount of money.

•••
killerid said:
After 5 months i had 25 $ :sold:

Exactly.

u think it was invalid clicks ? seriously its just that adsense doesnt want to pay up

If you have this attitude, then you will get no-where with them. Yes, it was invalid clicks, full stop.

i will try contacting them and ask why account got closed for if someone else clicked on the ads and produced invalid clicks .
They closed your account because someone, whether it's you or not, was producing invalid clicks. They've already said that. They can't prove whether it's you or not, but as long as they know the clicks were invalid, no-one deserves to take that money away from them. If you hadn't been a victim of this attack, you probably wouldn't have earned that money anyway, so nothing's lost.

How would namepros feel if some one went crazy and kept clicking the ads here and there randomly and the adsense account closed??

They'd be clever enough to report the clicks to adsense early enough so that that IP can be dealt with, and those clicks can be deducted.

So, what this means is that if someone has something against some site they can go to that site with google ads and can get there adsense account closed that is totaly not fair and someone should stand up against this unfairness.

You should take more care over your statistics. If you saw an influx of clicks for no apparent reasons, you should have reported them to adsense for investigation. It states clearly in their policy what they are and are not allowed to do to your account.

•••
You should take more care over your statistics. If you saw an influx of clicks for no apparent reasons, you should have reported them to adsense for investigation. It states clearly in their policy what they are and are not allowed to do to your account.

All i saw in google adsense before it went down for previous months was around 31 clicks only daily . So how was i supposed to know that somone was doing invalid clicks? Let me know namepros how many clicks u get daily on ads. so next time if i ever decide to go with google adsense i will keep record?
i was getting around only 1$ per day so invalid clicks by someone doesnt mean they had to take my previous months earnings right? why take previous months earnings too?? Can someone explain that part .

•••
killerid: Forget about it. You won't win. It's no big loss anyway as it's just $25.

•••
How was payment day approaching if you had less than a $100.00? (payments are sent 30 days AFTER your account reaches a $100.00 or more).

I agree with everyone here: You should just forget about the whole thing. It doesn't matter who made the invalid clicks, Google has to look after their adsense clients' best interest, and I praise them for that.

•••
What I want to know is: how do they judge whether or not the clicks were invalid?

Is it because someone clicked 25 times in a row on the same ad?
Is it because a page said something like "please click the ads"?

How do they judge what's invalid? :-/

•••
AndyM3 said:
What I want to know is: how do they judge whether or not the clicks were invalid?

Is it because someone clicked 25 times in a row on the same ad?
Is it because a page said something like "please click the ads"?

How do they judge what's invalid? :-/

both of those would cause it, clicks that the visitor closes the window before the website even loads are signs of bad clicks. Any clicks that are not random (ex a click every 30 seconds exactly) is a clear sign of fruad.

If they check your temp. files and see the clicker just visited his/her adsense account, I'am sure thats a instant giveaway.

I'am not sure how google does it, but knowing how sophisticated their search engine is, I'am sure they know.

•••
How is one supposed to know they are getting invalid clicks to report them to Google? It's not like Google has statistics with clicks and IP addresses to know if you see an irregular click pattern. In the example of NamePros, if they got 3000 clicks a day (just an example), it would vary quite a bit. Would there be any notice of an extra 100 clicks or so, maybe on an otherwise slower day that it would even out. And would they know that those 100 are from the same IP?

I'm certainly against click fraud, which is why I would definitely like to know if someone is clipping my ads in advance so that I can give Google a head's up and not be deleted from their program. But how?

BTW, while $25 is certainly not worth suing for, it's not just the $25 that is at stake, it's the potential income that Google can generate in the future, perhaps for another site that involves higher paying keywords, click ratios.

•••
sunken said:
I'm certainly against click fraud, which is why I would definitely like to know if someone is clipping my ads in advance so that I can give Google a head's up and not be deleted from their program. But how?
That is EXACTLY what I want to know as well.
I am innocent webmaster (as many). I have never participated, endorced, or knowingly clicked or had anyone click my ads. I want to protect myself from any "click fraud". But how? :/

•••
There was a day I had a CPM of over 100%. The day I saw that, I immediatly reported it to Google. That's the smart thing to do.

•••
Wow, sueing over $25. Not very cost effective IMO especially when you know you are 99% likely to lose. Google is a multi-billion dollar company, it is not going to close your account to save $25, or $100, or $1000 for that matter. It wants to protect the integrity of its program, and protect its advertisers who are investing a lot of money into these ad campaigns.

Tom

•••
sunken said:
BTW, while $25 is certainly not worth suing for, it's not just the $25 that is at stake, it's the potential income that Google can generate in the future, perhaps for another site that involves higher paying keywords, click ratios.

Its not about sueing its about teaching google some lesson as not to freaking whenever they want close the account without providing proof, i need freaking proof. Its not fair wheater it was $25 or $1 one should stand up against unfair things and have never been unfair to anyone in my life so why should i suffer for someone elses bad act ?? Google Should freaking provide proof cause without proof u cannot put a criminal behind bars either. So its not legal in any way to close the account without proof.

•••
Well I agree with you that it's not fair especially if you didn't do anything to compromise your account. But taking them to court would be a waste of time & money on your part.

All the best,

- SW

•••
StudioWorks said:
Well I agree with you that it's not fair especially if you didn't do anything to compromise your account. But taking them to court would be a waste of time & money on your part.

All the best,

- SW

That's not neccessarily true. There has always been exceptions where people just sued for what they lost plus attorney fees, paper work, damages, etc. I just because one of my relatives did it before for around $500. It doesn't seem a lot to lawyers but it is for some people.
Good luck with this, hopefully Google can just delete those clicks or figure out a better system.

•••
killerid said:
Its not about sueing its about teaching google some lesson as not to freaking whenever they want close the account without providing proof, i need freaking proof.
You should learn the lesson of reading terms and conditions. Google haven't done anything wrong, and neither have the people who are paying for those clicks on your site. They reserve the right to terminate your account, and they have taken the decision in your case not because they suspect you, just that they aren't interested in a publisher that contributes what... $5 per month of clicks, a proportion of which are invalid.

If namepros received 100 invalid clicks, they'd probably have a different decision, because it's in Google's interest to keep larger publishers publishing - it keeps their business going. Your account doesn't matter much to them, as it only brings in a tiny amount of money.

•••
Don't listen to any of this drivel about how you shouldn't do anything, Google is 100% right because of their TOS, etc. These people know nothing of the law and their advice is worse than bad. Since this is such a small amount that you should just forget about it perhaps they can simply pay you the $25 and forget about it?

It is probably not worth going to court over this, however you could always consider the possibility of a small claims case as a last resort. Start off by sending them an email asking for an explanation. You'll probably just get a canned response but persist until you get through to someone who can answer your questions.
Listen to what they have to say, and work out any flaws in their reasoning. Try to catch them in lies and point them out. People are much more inclined to negotiate in good faith once you have this sort of evidence. If they can not convince you they are right then tell them to pay up. Advise them of any action you intend to take if they do not pay.
The actions I usually take are to report them to the FTC and the BBB. If it were $100 or more I'd send a letter of demand and possibly consider small claims.

Last, but not least, save copies of everything. Print them out and file them away. The PPC companies are committing rampant fraud, and sooner or later it will come time to pay the piper. There will be a class action, and you will likely be able to recover everything due you by simply sending a copy of the documents along with a form to some lawyer.

•••
primacomputer said:
Don't listen to any of this drivel about how you shouldn't do anything, Google is 100% right because of their TOS, etc. These people know nothing of the law and their advice is worse than bad. Since this is such a small amount that you should just forget about it perhaps they can simply pay you the $25 and forget about it?

It is probably not worth going to court over this, however you could always consider the possibility of a small claims case as a last resort. Start off by sending them an email asking for an explanation. You'll probably just get a canned response but persist until you get through to someone who can answer your questions.
Listen to what they have to say, and work out any flaws in their reasoning. Try to catch them in lies and point them out. People are much more inclined to negotiate in good faith once you have this sort of evidence. If they can not convince you they are right then tell them to pay up. Advise them of any action you intend to take if they do not pay.
The actions I usually take are to report them to the FTC and the BBB. If it were $100 or more I'd send a letter of demand and possibly consider small claims.

Last, but not least, save copies of everything. Print them out and file them away. The PPC companies are committing rampant fraud, and sooner or later it will come time to pay the piper. There will be a class action, and you will likely be able to recover everything due you by simply sending a copy of the documents along with a form to some lawyer.
:great:

We may not have as much knowledge of law as you, but it's common sense to see whether they're legally liable for this kind of situation in their T&C when signing up or proceeding with legal action.

Good luck killerid, on whoever's advice you take.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back