Domain Empire

Anyone Like the New Xyz Websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys just curious if anyone likes the new xyz websites i my self have bought over 100 of them. i think there like the new .net or .org i dont think it will surpass .coms only because .coms have been around for over 30 years
anyways i got clever and bought
Xcell.xyz
Xsell.xyz
fictional.xyz

and theres still a crap ton of premium ones left
ive been buying them ultra cheap

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
plus I remember seeing gday.ca on the Namecheap marketplace for $5 a couple weeks ago. hmmm kind of fishy

•••
when one claims he s getting offers on at best average names in a crappy tld it looks quite normal to me he's being asked to share more info... just because its unfortunately not unseen practice among domainers to make such claims about offers they never received.

hope this is not the case... but offers on random 1-2 word recently regged .xyz domains sounds a little ..umm ...of extremely low probability to me...

I have no problem with what you're saying but when has it become the norm for domainers to ask what your offers were, within any extension? Please... :laugh:

•••
@brandnow, you buy and try to sell new gTLD's. Please share some incite on offers and sales you have received. Or maybe this can get back to the .xyz thread without disruption! :D

•••
@brandnow, you buy and try to sell new gTLD's. Please share some incite on offers and sales you have received. Or maybe this can get back to the .xyz thread! :D

How do you know the $550 current bid on drugs.xyz is a real bidder? There's no feedback or reviews on any of the sellers or buyers on the site, including your profile. I was considering the site, but I'm concerned that the bids are not real.

•••
im not here to prove myself to anyone, and as a matter of fact i did sell my first domain the other Yaaaayy
on another note I bought Gday.ca From Namecheap Marketplace For a whopping $6.50 USD Yaaaay

$6.50 US is like $795 Canadian right now

•••
@brandnow Don't go there my friend, it's a new site and you're way out of line with your comment...

With any new launch it takes time for sales, comments and reviews.

Last edited:
•••
Yaa BrandNow!!!! Quit player hating

as for xyz the market seems to be doing fantastic .........
so pricing out GoAmerica.xyz i put it at $199.99 But For GoCanada.xyz i put it at $149.99 because you know the conversion rate

Last edited:
•••
@brandnow Don't go there my friend, it's a new site and you're way out of line with your comment...

With any new launch it takes time for sales, comments and reviews.

I am confused by your reply. I was curious and asking a simple question about buying/selling on your site. You didn't want to answer and responded very defensively. I didn't say anything offensive. No worries. I won't use your web site.

•••
I think xyz is really trend now because i cant found any good name for me)))

•••
Last edited:
•••
I have no problem with what you're saying but when has it become the norm for domainers to ask what your offers were, within any extension? Please

This is normal on all new extension threads, some domainers will always post every offer and every sale they make or have seen reported on any forum (no matter how small) to try and convince others they are making the right investment, and they are hoping others will see these sales and will also invest and those people will make sales and then it gets more media coverage etc...unfortunately it doesnt work like that, the end-user's (businesses) adoption of a new extensions is what decides whether its successful or not, and unfortunately, 95% are not open to change and will stick to what they know..its been proven over and over again, only the registries are laughing all the way the bank

Ask some businesses about .xyz, .guru, .services, .anything and see what they say, you will be surprised.

There are some extensions where you will make some sales to other domainers/resellers and make a nice profit too, but only if you can nab some decent keywords, not what is left over after the registry has grabbed what they want

Im only trying to help here and save you some money at next years renewal time..please dont hate me for it :alien2:

•••
Anyways.................. im crashing out i got the website done but it needs more tweaking Gday.ca
anyone know how to make the checkboxes do a function ? like add words to a list sorry if that deosnt make sense im really tired html

Last edited:
•••
anyone know how to make the checkboxes do a function ? like add words to a list

Maybe try the development section, the guys are there are pros and really helpful

•••
I am a little late so I apologize but I have what I believe you yourself would call a premium Domain ... WHISKEY.XYZ

Stuff like this is worth holding on to. One word, short, marketable, category killer stuff is likely to do well in the long run.

There's definitely room for more inventory. A ton of companies would like to own whiskeydotcom but can't. Once they realize there are alternatives and they can rank just as well as the .com we'll start seeing some action. There is no timescale on this though. If you reg'd a bunch of premium .xyz and you think next year you'll be cashing in your in lala land.

How can .xyz have any value currently when most potential buyers don't even know the product exists? It's going to take time, maybe a lot of it, and there are some things that could happen in between that could derail the whole thing.

We're talking about a relatively low level investment with high risk but great potential upside. The losers are going to be the ones who reg'd massive amounts of two word, lll, llll, nnn, nnnn xyz. It's quite plausible that it could be 10 years until xyz are selling at decent prices across the board and it might never happen. Gonna take some deep pockets to maintain that kind of portfolio.

Are there going to be xyz dropping next year? Hell yeah! Loads of them. I will wonder why they were registered in the first place. Did the registrant really think they'd realize their potential value within the first year?

For the record I have 2 very nice one word .xyz that I bought for $xxxx on the aftermarket. I renewed both for 10 years and will forget about them for the time being. If it comes to it I'll let them both expire in a decade with no regrets.

•••
Stuff like this is worth holding on to. One word, short, marketable, category killer stuff is likely to do well in the long run.

There's definitely room for more inventory. A ton of companies would like to own whiskeydotcom but can't. Once they realize there are alternatives and they can rank just as well as the .com we'll start seeing some action. There is no timescale on this though. If you reg'd a bunch of premium .xyz and you think next year you'll be cashing in your in lala land.

How can .xyz have any value currently when most potential buyers don't even know the product exists? It's going to take time, maybe a lot of it, and there are some things that could happen in between that could derail the whole thing.

We're talking about a relatively low level investment with high risk but great potential upside. The losers are going to be the ones who reg'd massive amounts of two word, lll, llll, nnn, nnnn xyz. It's quite plausible that it could be 10 years until xyz are selling at decent prices across the board and it might never happen. Gonna take some deep pockets to maintain that kind of portfolio.

Are there going to be xyz dropping next year? Hell yeah! Loads of them. I will wonder why they were registered in the first place. Did the registrant really think they'd realize their potential value within the first year?

For the record I have 2 very nice one word .xyz that I bought for $xxxx on the aftermarket. I renewed both for 10 years and will forget about them for the time being. If it comes to it I'll let them both expire in a decade with no regrets.

Finally I can see an investor like myself.
Same opinion and thoughts. Thnx

•••
How do you know the $550 current bid on drugs.xyz is a real bidder? There's no feedback or reviews on any of the sellers or buyers on the site, including your profile. I was considering the site, but I'm concerned that the bids are not real.

Haha. His bids are more then real. Just bid 650. We're still alive Mad ;)

•••
I am sorry. I am not agnst .com.
But, i am getting offers for my .xyzs
Good.
My advice would be to strike the iron while it's hot and make a profit you can reinvest into something that has undisputed value. Back in the day domainers were getting 6-figure offers for their .mobi, those names have become worthless and ultimately dropped.

The reasoning like "thing.com sold for $,$$$,$$$ therefore my thing.xyz must be worth at least 0.05% of the .com" is completely flawed. The normal value is closer to zero. There are just too many extensions. People are trying to build a business model on lottery. That is doomed to fail.

Don't fall for the hype people. Discard the propaganda for a minute and see what's left of substance.

•••
Good.
My advice would be to strike the iron while it's hot and make a profit you can reinvest into something that has undisputed value. Back in the day domainers were getting 6-figure offers for their .mobi, those names have become worthless and ultimately dropped.

The reasoning like "thing.com sold for $,$$$,$$$ therefore my thing.xyz must be worth at least 0.05% of the .com" is completely flawed. The normal value is closer to zero. There are just too many extensions. People are trying to build a business model on lottery. That is doomed to fail.

Don't fall for the hype people. Discard the propaganda for a minute and see what's left of substance.

You're totally wrong ! Lol. If you owned the best liquor store in the world would you not want liquor.com ... But oh wait some one already has it and he doesn't want to sell it even for twenty million dollars. He covets the name too much. So where do you turn ? Give up on having the best domain in the world for what you sell; example: Liquor ...
Or do you turn around and seek what people are so mysterious and questionative about and build a company upon that and see about five other big companies like yours in the same place. In the end domains are just names and the extensions are just neighborhoods. COM maybe Beverly Hills but XYZ is the upcoming Hamptons before they were famous of course ;)

•••
If you can't own the best domain, they you will settle for a second or third choice. It will probably be a longer .com anyway. .xyz is not a TLD for a serious business.

I bet that nobody among the .xyz crowd that runs a business, would put it on a .xyz.

•••
hmm
someone wants pay me $50 for virtualgames,xyz

should I or not.. tjhat is the 50$ question

•••
Just my 2 cents, I like XYZ, but I don't think it will be worth much. I picked it up for my domaining site because I could get the name I wanted and I think it looks cool. I did pick up a 3L, a 4L and a couple good names just in case I am wrong about it getting big. But I don't expect it too, so no real investing from me in it.

•••
.xyz is primarily used by spammers because of the cheap registration cost. .xyz isn't a serious extension whatsoever.

•••
.xyz is primarily used by spammers because of the cheap registration cost.

Suddenly started getting lot of spam from .xyz domains. Used to be .com, now it's .xyz, is that an indicator of popularity ;)

•••
Suddenly started getting lot of spam from .xyz domains. Used to be .com, now it's .xyz, is that an indicator of popularity ;)

Yep, I notice the same. About 95% of my spam comes from .xyz.

•••
.xyz is primarily used by spammers because of the cheap registration cost. .xyz isn't a serious extension whatsoever.

There is SOME truth to that, but, every extension at some point had these cheap offers, spammers took advantage of it then too, nobody said chit. .XYZ might not be serious now, but you can't deny the numbers. It's impressive, not just for .xyz but all new extensions, spammer or not.

I've been saying this like 29834 times already, it's too soon for XYZ, it's doing GOOD at the moment, I will take it, I invested what 30 bucks total for really good keyword extensions. I've got nothing to lose here. Do I think they will be worth a lot more in the future? Yes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back