IT.COM

Anyone Like the New Xyz Websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys just curious if anyone likes the new xyz websites i my self have bought over 100 of them. i think there like the new .net or .org i dont think it will surpass .coms only because .coms have been around for over 30 years
anyways i got clever and bought
Xcell.xyz
Xsell.xyz
fictional.xyz

and theres still a crap ton of premium ones left
ive been buying them ultra cheap

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

My advice is not to waste your money on any of the new extensions, stick to the strong extensions

These are not premium names as they are in .xyz
Keywords like Fictional are not premium keywords
Names like XCell and XSell are definitely not worth registering

Always research for registering any names and check to see if there are any potential buyers for the name before registering it

Have a look at namebio.com and dnjournal.com to get an idea of what sort of names sell

•••
Alright ill check em out im taking a Gamble on Xyz tho i just got a good feeling about it ill also check out namebio as well the more information the better
i think its going to take a solid 5 years to gain ultra popularity but i know Xyz is at about 1.4 Million registered urls its ony been here for a year

•••
Alright ill check em out im taking a Gamble on Xyz tho i just got a good feeling about it ill also check out namebio as well the more information the better
i think its going to take a solid 5 years to gain ultra popularity but i know Xyz is at about 1.4 Million registered urls its ony been here for a year

You may be right, but it's likely that 1.3 million of those domains (yes domains, not websites) were purchased by domainers like yourself. Also XCell and XSell are clear infringements on Microsoft Trademarks and would cause consumer confusion, so you should drop those. Fictional is fine, though I can't imagine a lot of traffic on that word and building a business around it would be challenging. But maybe you can. Good luck.

•••
Thanks man its worth a try xcellent was Taken i think its tough to say tho
I mean i never thought .bike or .community would work but some people went nuts i try to keep domains short or 1 work or something kinda clever like Chalez.com Cus its close to chalet and could be branded

•••
.xyz's registration numbers are that high for a number of reasons. A couple of them are that they gave away thousands of them when they first came out and they have had registrations for around a dollar or so always. If they cost $8-10 dollars each then those numbers would be drastically lower.

The extension has also set records for the number of drops at the end of first year registrations as tons of them are not renewed.

I am not saying it's a bad extension, just that it would be better suited for building websites on right now rather than trying to flip domains. This might change in the future, but it will more than likely be a long time till that happens. There are exceptions in that if you have an ultra premium name then you might make a little money, but not just any name and nothing like the same name in the top extensions.

•••
Yea your right so Just hang on to the Really Premium ones like rusted.xyz and methanol.xyz and start blogging on them i guess ive got a few ideas but im not 100% sure if its going to work
and idea i had was just to have them all point to one site and run through several hundred PPV advertisements

•••
XYZ looks ridiculous.

With the right name, like ABC.XYZ or FEW.XYZ it looks okay. But to have plumbing.xyz (for example) looks dumb.

I have been on Namepros since early 2015 and remember vividly how many investors on here absolutely despised XYZ in early 2015. Then the Alphabet announcement, and everybody on here did a 180 degree turn. Nothing wrong with reassessing one's opinion. Just funny how the change happened so fast.

•••
Haha thats true i didnt really like the Xyz name untill i owned a domain now im quite happy to have some

•••
XYZ looks ridiculous.

With the right name, like ABC.XYZ or FEW.XYZ it looks okay. But to have plumbing.xyz (for example) looks dumb.

I have been on Namepros since early 2015 and remember vividly how many investors on here absolutely despised XYZ in early 2015. Then the Alphabet announcement, and everybody on here did a 180 degree turn. Nothing wrong with reassessing one's opinion. Just funny how the change happened so fast.
Not me, I still think they just don't make sense most of the time. If someone wanted a cheap domain just to develop a website on, then that would be ok I guess. However, you won't catch me doing that.

If I wanted one of the newer generic extensions, I would prefer a .one. ;)

•••
.one sounds alright but its a shame its not ultra popular i think a .5 would be pretty cool
or .USA would be pretty kick ass !!! Travel.USA

i dont know why they Did .CA it should have been >Can

Last edited:
•••
.xyz holds wider scope............. it has wide area

.xyz means anything

girls.xyz means the website can provide any information or all things about girls

computer.xyz and so on..

•••
Personally... I am not excited about .XYZ and its prospects.

It is fairly widely known that a number of free domain names pad the registrations (it is thought to be in to the tune of 350k free domain names that where give out), based on comments Negari recently made to The Telegraph, in which he stated that .xyz, which had about 850,000 domains in its zone at the time, would have 500,000 registrations if the freebies were excluded.

It is also "alleged" that NetSol was paid $3 million to to bloat up the .XYZ numbers which corresponds with Verisign's lawsuit against .XYZ for allegedly “false” advertising.

I can not seem to rally behind the idea of .XYZ.
The numbers mean nothing, as they have been padded through multiple means.
Negari has stated to have gotten rid of all his .COMs but he still owns several valuable ones.
There was the rumor that Negari started about Google wanting to purchase .XYZ and he would not sell it.

It seems to me that this entire extension is all smoke and mirrors. Illusions used to make the extension "seem" bigger then it is and when that fails... more shenanigans to put it back to the limelight.
And like Enron knows first hand... once that corporate veil is pierced, it will be those who are standing around holding the bag (domain names in this case) who will be the losers.

Just my personal opinion based on what I see.

Cheers

•••
If you are new I wouldn't play the .GTLD lottery. It's VERY rare to land a big sale with them.

-Omar

•••
I don't like anything besides .com

If .me and .us and .info never really caught on outside of the domainer world why would .xyz?

•••
Personally... I am not excited about .XYZ and its prospects.

It is fairly widely known that a number of free domain names pad the registrations (it is thought to be in to the tune of 350k free domain names that where give out), based on comments Negari recently made to The Telegraph, in which he stated that .xyz, which had about 850,000 domains in its zone at the time, would have 500,000 registrations if the freebies were excluded.

It is also "alleged" that NetSol was paid $3 million to to bloat up the .XYZ numbers which corresponds with Verisign's lawsuit against .XYZ for allegedly “false” advertising.

I can not seem to rally behind the idea of .XYZ.
The numbers mean nothing, as they have been padded through multiple means.
Negari has stated to have gotten rid of all his .COMs but he still owns several valuable ones.
There was the rumor that Negari started about Google wanting to purchase .XYZ and he would not sell it.

It seems to me that this entire extension is all smoke and mirrors. Illusions used to make the extension "seem" bigger then it is and when that fails... more shenanigans to put it back to the limelight.
And like Enron knows first hand... once that corporate veil is pierced, it will be those who are standing around holding the bag (domain names in this case) who will be the losers.

Just my personal opinion based on what I see.

Cheers

I'm in the same boat as you. I even owned my first name in XYZ last year. But I decided to let it drop. Because I honestly don't want to develop a site .XYZ with my name. It's embarrassing. I decided to develop my first name in .Club and .Work, by the way. :)

•••
If you are new I wouldn't play the .GTLD lottery. It's VERY rare to land a big sale with them.

-Omar

Only $1 for each "lottery ticket" lol but the next year to hold on to that same ticket.. the price jumps up to $11 a year and beyond. lol That's one way of looking at it! :)

•••
Only $1 for each "lottery ticket" lol but the next year to hold on to that same ticket.. the price jumps up to $11 a year and beyond. lol That's one way of looking at it! :)

Sounds like an expensive ticket! Lol

•••
Sounds like an expensive ticket! Lol

In this lottery you need to hold on to that ticket until you win. Maybe 5 years, maybe 10 years, maybe never.

If you buy that 'ticket' for $1 in the first year and all following years it costs $11. Maybe you win after 10 years. By then you've already spent $100 on that ticket.

'That's why it's important to try to choose 'winning' names.

•••
I think its All About Key Words and how popular the key word is i just bought Haunted.xyz and in google seach theres 100,000,000 Hits on the word haunted i also bought credited.xyz that one word has 66,800,000 Hits
with no risk theres no reward and for $1,50 you really arnt loosing that much if you only own a few good ones it could really be worth spending a bit of time into it

building a ghost video blog on haunted.xyz could generate a few hundred bucks extra with just with traffic from youtube and or google, yahoo search engines ,

also did i over pay for hosting i paid $12.96 Upfront for 3 websites 20Gb data and unlimited bandwidth but it cost $38.98 per year to renew /??\

•••
You may be right, but it's likely that 1.3 million of those domains (yes domains, not websites) were purchased by domainers like yourself

And 99% of those will expire in the next 2 years

An extension with 3 syllables will never work, looks and sounds silly

•••
•••
I don't like anything besides .com

If .me and .us and .info never really caught on outside of the domainer world why would .xyz?

Because change is inevitable. And that fact .xyz is not as specific as .me, certainly not .us, also same to .info

I'm in the same boat as you. I even owned my first name in XYZ last year. But I decided to let it drop. Because I honestly don't want to develop a site .XYZ with my name. It's embarrassing. I decided to develop my first name in .Club and .Work, by the way. :)

Why would it be embarrassing? :)

And 99% of those will expire in the next 2 years

An extension with 3 syllables will never work, looks and sounds silly

This is a ridiculous statement and I don't agree. :)

•••
This is a ridiculous statement and I don't agree.

You cant disagree with it all you want, but history has proven it, think about all the top extensions (1 syllable)

Make a list of a few .xyz names and then check in 2016/2017 and see what they are doing, feel free to tell me the results I will be happy to admit i was wrong

•••
its hard to say Im kind of a really big fan of Xyz I think its pretty incredible to be able to own Haunted.xyz it just sounds appealing kind puts an edge on a name cus it could mean anything Like Goto.xyz
theres always doubt when something is new
the internet most people thought it was a fad but now it generates billions of dollars per year
id totally just recommend 1 XYZ website as it could gain immensive popularity over 5 years

With my closing statement i would like to add that i just bought
Cymbal.xyz
Warhol.xyz
tablature.xyz
sixstring.xyz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back