IT.COM

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Major problem: many domainers treat domain names as lottery tickets.
This is wrong. Luck account for 1% of sales in this business. The rest depends upon quality and your choice of registrations/purchases.

Investment (based upon research, analysis and a thorough understanding of the market) is not the same as (wild) speculation.

I agree. However if you add a "risky/speculative" assets to a sound diversified portfolio, it actually reduces risk. I do my research and I add pure speculative properties as well. See 3DWebNames.com to see what I mean.

I pick some odd-ball urls, 3DPods.com , 3DHell.com, 3DLive.mobi, 3DNow.us, and what I think is speculative, others like. The ones I really like get few visitors. You have to do some speculation. IMOB-)

3DKing.me

•••
Just paid $15 for

3dplayer.net

Last edited:
•••
Just paid $15 for

3dplayer.net

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah and I was the dumb ass that put the first 10$ bid...

I found that auction last week-end. Yesterday, I was nervous because people where saying everywhere: 3DPLAYER is GREAT...
So, if you guys didn't talk so lound about that I would had that domain! loll (didnt put more because I'm broke for the moment! lol)

Last edited:
•••
"Disgrace" --- "Shock"

Business "bubbles" are as common as "feeding frenzies" in nature. Like those enormous fish balls feeding on smaller fish until a pod of dolphins or sharks happens by and burst that bubble. Yes its brutal and a bit unsavory to watch but its a part of nature, including human nature. And, like this thread, it can be entertaining to watch.

Of course its good to be the 'voice of reason' in the face of "Irrational Exuberance", but irrational exuberance is what sold shares to build ships to explore new worlds and make the investors wealthy from the riches brought back, its what settled the Gold Rush west and put 'man on the moon', and its what drives the internet. From streams of VC cash to the lone sailor paying his passage to the new world so he or she can stake a claim on a domain on the frontier of cyberspace.

Yes, some won't survive the journey. Many more will stake a bad claim. And most won't make it. But a few will. That just the nature of things.

•••
Shhhh

Yeah and I was the dumb ass that put the first 10$ bid...

I found that auction last week-end. Yesterday, I was nervous because people where saying everywhere: 3DPLAYER is GREAT...
So, if you guys didn't talk so lound about that I would had that domain! loll (didnt put more because I'm broke for the moment! lol)

Shhh...past owner still has two weeks to re-register it! So best to stay quite.
Should have seen that in you email confirm.

"Remember that in accordance with the legal agreement you acknowledged at the time of your bid (Universal Terms of Service, UTOS), the current registrant may still renew this domain in the next two weeks. If the domain is renewed, we will notify you and any funds received will be refunded. If the registrant does not renew the domain, we will process a change of registrant and move the domain into your account at xxxxxx.com within one week.

•••
Shhh...past owner still has two weeks to re-register it! So best to stay quite.
Should have seen that in you email confirm.

"Remember that in accordance with the legal agreement you acknowledged at the time of your bid (Universal Terms of Service, UTOS), the current registrant may still renew this domain in the next two weeks. If the domain is renewed, we will notify you and any funds received will be refunded. If the registrant does not renew the domain, we will process a change of registrant and move the domain into your account at xxxxxx.com within one week.

All's I can say is LMAO. Would serve you right if he found this thread and saw your boast. Still if it goes through you should be able to make some cash outta it.

•••
thanks for reply.apreciate it!

•••
This thread is a disgrace to NP.

I have never read so much BS in one thread EVER.

One guy shouting his mouth off all over the show smoking his crack pipe - with a big fat zero value for a portfolio that he will sell for millions, one guy claiming in huge font that he "just got offered $42,000 for a 3d he regged probably yesterday but of course is turning down the offer, then you have more "first time posters" or "second posters" joining this thread than anything I have ever seen to date.

Then you have another guy with two posts who has been "domaining for 15 years" and in all that time never posted once on NP until this 3D thread.

This is my last post here - what a total crock of shxx

Thanks for yor input Millers, its a shame, because there certainly are a few people here that believe 3D will become big and are there for investing in a few 3D names. I respect what you have to say and value your opinion/crticism. Hope to see you back mate.

This thread reminds of of those spam penny stock emails. It seems like it is just a promotion tool for lame domains.
The classic pump and dump.

Brad

The same applies for you Brad, I hope you stick around and give your opinion on things.

•••
•••
•••
I think this is confusing when you have a situation where you have one letter ending a word and the same letter starting the next word.

Brilliant!

•••
•••
Actually this thread has been a great source of amusement. Seen a couple of not bad domains and the rest make me feel good about some domains I have registered. I already know I will be dumping 3/4 of my portfolio. They were garbage regs when I started in this racket. I'll be the first to admit they were not even worth registering.

•••
•••
Board is just flying right along...
.. sorry to see you go Miller

.. i wouldn't let a few people that i disagree with ruin my time, so hopefully he comes back.

- - - - - -
Regged a few more today .. the DOT NET variety still has some tasty little pieces floatin' around
.. ya just have to dig a bit harder... VERY confident and happy with these

• 3DSCIENCE.NET

• SCIENCE3D.NET

• 3DHISTORY.NET

• GAMBLE3D.NET

• MULTIMEDIA3D.NET

• STREAMING3D.NET

• SOCIAL3D.NET

• 3DAFFILIATE.NET

• 3DANIMATOR.NET

•••
Regged a few more today .. the DOT NET variety still has some tasty little pieces floatin' around

• 3DSCIENCE.NET

• SCIENCE3D.NET

• 3DHISTORY.NET

• GAMBLE3D.NET

• MULTIMEDIA3D.NET

• STREAMING3D.NET

• SOCIAL3D.NET

• 3DAFFILIATE.NET

• 3DANIMATOR.NET

Couple of questions for the most active participants of this thread:

• Are you all having success selling these 3-d names?
  • If you are, how many have you actually been able to sell?
  • Are these funds for all of these new domain purchases from sales of other domains?
  • Are you registering these all for resell or development?

Thanks

•••
Yep and 3D boosted sales 11 percent .
How much of that 11% would have shifted to the regular version of Avatar had 3D not been available?

•••
Major problem: many domainers treat domain names as lottery tickets.
This is wrong. Luck accounts for 1% of sales in this business. The rest depends upon quality and your choice of registrations/purchases.

Investment (based upon research, analysis and a thorough understanding of the market) is not the same as (wild) speculation.

As for self-induced hype, cult hysteria and wishful thinking... it's a distinct category and it takes you nowhere but into the wall.

@Steven: you're totally right. We have seen it before, it's just that there is more insanity than usual in this particular thread.

You know I have to agree with you here. I have some pretty good 3D names, but they're really lottery tickets at this stage -- I took a chance on app and cloud names, and this paid off --- and exceeded expectations

per 3D -- it's still in the highly speculative stage - unless you have something like 3dtv.com,
3dsex.com, 3Dsports.com, 3dgames.com 3dscreens.com, etc (I have some close to these, but not quite, so no cigar)...

the problem with 3D unlike app names, or even cloud, these domains are difficult to build sites with real products and even the key words at this point are real murky

so, 3Ddomainphiles, we need to take off the rose-colored 3D glasses and see the big domain picture, which is not screening in 3D at present

having said that, I think those who invested in the 3D-domain sphere and invested wisely (with top relevant key words like channel, kits, animation, movies, etc, have a good chance of getting a nice ROI, but will take time, IMHO :)

Last edited:
•••
How much of that 11% would have shifted to the regular version of Avatar had 3D not been available?

none of it

Avatar was a bad movie and the only reason it was a big hit was because of 3D IMO

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Board is just flying right along...
.. sorry to see you go Miller

.. i wouldn't let a few people that i disagree with ruin my time, so hopefully he comes back.

- - - - - -

• 3DSCIENCE.NET

• SCIENCE3D.NET

• 3DHISTORY.NET

• GAMBLE3D.NET

• MULTIMEDIA3D.NET

• STREAMING3D.NET

• SOCIAL3D.NET

• 3DAFFILIATE.NET

• 3DANIMATOR.NET

I like streaming the best and the others are ok nothing wrong at all with em..

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

And also you really can't say what if It's fact my friend..

•••
Again a reminder to keep this thread on topic..

Many thanks

•••
I have one 3d domain I registered awhile ago. 3dlink.in Have a website built for it. I'm finding it a lot harder to get good ranking than a .com domain. I'm curious as to how some of these people are going to develop their 3d name registrations?

You need a good name and top PR along with lots of traffic to increase the domain value. Do some people really think that buying a 10 dollar reg is going to turn into thousands of dollars in a month or 2 ? I hope they do not think that anyway. If you have a good reg then get to work and develop it!

I'm researching for the best content for der handler right now (not 3d related but getting the most hits in sedo by far)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great article... I love this excerpt

"3D failed then (1950) because it was primitive, but it's no longer primitive and therefore will prevail. But there's a big difference between desired narrative and truth."

Thanks for the info!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back