Dynadot

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
March 8, 3:05 PM EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - US Treasury, FBI and Homeland Security officials met today to discuss national security threats posed by the explosive growth of new media mind control. CDC Director Thomas Frieden testified that new versions of 3D motion pictures stimulate the retina in ways that confuse the cerebral cortex and change human behavior. CDC researchers theorize that this confusion is driving radical changes in consumer spending. CDC doctors, with assistance from CIA interrogators, so far have been unable to deprogram victims of 3D mania. Waterboarding techniques that broke KSM are ineffective. Meanwhile, the global financial order is unraveling. Recent ISM reports show seismic shifts in retail spending away from consumer staples (milk, bread, toothpaste) and towards the purchase of virtual products, specifically internet domain names containing the character string '3D'. In related news, ATF agents raided an aircraft hangar in Scottsdale Arizona over the weekend, seizing cash and securities valued at more than $21 billion USD.

•••
Just to understand what you are referring to - are you talking about domains containing "2D" or all domains that do not contain the term "3D" in them.

Brad

Regular 2d .coms will be worthless in a few years
All companies will have a 3d website
Most companies will have a 2d site and a 3d site so consumers have both options.
I totally disagree with you. With 3d internet TVs 3dlaptops 3d computer monitors and 3d phones there is NO WAY 3d web will not blast off very soon.

•••
Just got:

3dReruns.com

Used the 99 Cent coupon at godaddy. :)

On the side note, advising people to completely stay away from a new technology and miss out on any potential future opportunities is wrong, at the same time encouraging people to jump in and register hundreds of domains without doing any research or having an understanding of the niche market is also wrong. So I recommend proceeding with caution when it comes to any new trend or technology, don’t stay completely away and don’t go overboard and remember that getting in on the trend at the right time is what makes all the difference while the top choice domains can still be found. IMO
-

•••
yep bring it on
no 3d trademarked names because the dimension does not even exsist
If 7G comes out does mcdonalds7g.com go to them?

this is going to be a big test

If a domain is TM'd it should not be available to be sold period
Go Daddy should not be selling em what so ever
Also McDonalds should buy every domain with there name possible to avoid this.
If you buy sears3d.com and do nothing with it and don't park it you did nothing wrong.

Froy, you really need to get rid of the TM names, its domainers like you that give the rest of us a bad name, we all try do business honestly and with high ethics and what you are doing is blantantly infringing on someone else's TM and benefitting financially from someone else's name. Its not right and people around here dont take kindly to it. Read on NP's about cybersquatting and TM'd names and see what people say about it, believe me, its not good and you wont become very popular.

mcdonalds3d and coca-cola3d

no 3d trademarked names because the dimension does not even exsist

As for this, thats rubbish and you know it, 3D is not trademarked, but McDonalds and Coca-cola certainly are.

•••
Link removed

Last edited:
•••
My little 3d Domain list.

3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com
3dmoviereleases.com
3dmovierelease.com
3dmoviereviews.com
3dmoviesearch.com
3dmoviedatabase.com
3dmovierental.com
3dmovietheaters.com
3dmovietheater.com
3dmovielistings.com
3dblurayrental.com
my3dmovies.com
get3dmovies.com
free3dmovie.com
3dgameshows.com
3dhometheatersystem.com
3dvideos.net
3dvideos.info
3dvideo.info
3dvideos.co.uk
3dmonitor.co.uk
3dshopping.co.uk

Best Regards

Incredible list RCS!

I would say Good Luck to you,
but you don't need luck with THAT list.

Keep us updated on any of your sales.
You have a few there, that should make some big 3D domaining News!

Take it easy.

•••
In answer to the origional question - no :)

But was alittle bored and found these are available at the time of this post :)

Let me know if any are of interest ....

3dtelevisions.co.in
3donline.biz
3donline.co.in
3dfilm.co.in
3dfilms.co.in
3dcomputer.biz
3dcomputer.co.in
3dcomputer.in
3dcomputers.co.in
3dcomputers.in
3dweb.co.in
3dgraphics.co.in
3dgraphics.tv
3dpicture.org
3dpicture.biz
3dpicture.co.in
3dpicture.in
3dpicture.tv
3dpictures.co.in
3dpictures.in
3dpictures.tv
3dshow.co.in
3dshow.in
3dshows.org
3dshows.biz
3dshows.co.in
3dshows.in
3dshows.tv
3dshows.us
3dimention.net
3dimention.org
3dimention.info
3dimention.biz
3dimention.co.in
3dimention.co.uk
3dimention.in
3dimention.tv
3dimention.us
3dimentional.net
3dimentional.org
3dimentional.info
3dimentional.biz
3dimentional.co.in
3dimentional.in
3dimentional.tv
3dimentional.us
3dblockbuster.biz
3dblockbuster.co.in
3dblockbuster.co.uk
3dblockbuster.in
3dblockbuster.us
3dtvs.co.in
3dcinema.co.in
3dvideo.co.in
3dvideos.co.in
3dtechnology.co.in

Thought i'd best stop there nothing of much interest to find :p

Last edited:
•••
My two cents, as I have been monitoring the discussions on here and DP.

There will be a few dozen top keywords that will sell for a handsome ransom IF 3D continues to evolve at an ever increasing speed and brings 3D as a reality to the majority of people - ie - its gotta be affordable TV sets or any other 3D product.

The sad thing is as per usual when there is a gold rush of sorts - that 99.99% of 3D regges will be awful and totally useless regges and most of them coming from newbies (and I say this with the utmost respect, I did the same thing 4 years ago when I got into domaining) thinking that by having those two characters in a domain name means they can start boat hunting.

What has surprised me is the number of people who have been domaining for at least two years who have also fallen for the 3D fantasy and have also regged worthless names.

Like I said, a few people have some regges that will do really well if 3D becomes reality - the rest - well - in the drop bin they go - head first.

•••
This thread is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.
What do you expect? Two noobs are in here acting like gangbusters, oblivious to how stupid they are making themselves appear.

I hope it continues though. It's been worth some laughs.

•••
I really do not understand why everyone cares about the money spent on this hobby or whatever you call it.

I care. And I think many others do too. this is a forum for like minded people. If i think that someone is headed way in the wrong direction and making Mr Parsons even richer than he currently is, I will offer my TWO CENTS -which means - hey, this is just my opinion...take it or leave it.

Also, this thread falls under the "Domain name DISCUSSION" sub-forum. Hopefully that means that people with different opinions on a particular topic can voice their opinion whilst still keeping it polite. Sometimes that is difficult (believe me), but in the end I don't think anyone is out to show you up...rather to give you a guiding hand.

All the best mate!:wave:

•••
Froy - I have tried to be kind. Now i will try to be honest. I dont think I have come across such a poor portfolio of names in the 4 years I have been here than the ones you have shown.

But worse than your portfolio is your attitude - really.

Why dont you just look in a mirror, make yourself a list of 3D names that you own,hold it up to the mirror aswell and stand there 24/7 - saying - my god I am awesome, but my names are even more awesome than me.

Someone posted a picture of money being burned with regards to your domaining skills. You really are doing that. There have been more than a handful of pros here who generously, and I include myself in that group based upon my domain sales to date, have given of their own time - to really teach you the most basic of domaining skills you will need to succeed.

But instead you choose to mock, insult and generally behave like a juvenile kid (How old are you BTW?) I hope you like your mirror. You'll need to hang onto it for a long long time.

•••
•••
3dDomains: You're clearly in some sort of manic phase. Calm down, and don't register any more names until the Lithium hits your system...
...snip...

Dang! That there ^^^ is some funny stuff!

This thread is great entertainment. Watching the noobs argue with some of the brilliant long term domain veterans like bmugford, ecalc, wot and many other well respected members (too many to list) is pure entertainment. These people know the business, and the noobs are dissing people I respect the most.

I have no problems with the 3d domain investment, just the massive stupidity that is demonstrated in this thread.

Oh, and BTW, could some of you noobs do us all a favor and post some of your unique legal theories in the legal section of this site? I think the lawyers there need a good laugh... and they typically avoid threads like this.

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/

•••
All I ask is that this thread be archived somewhere, and never deleted... so, at this time next year (or two years from now, or three) when the next retarded theme driven domainia hits the citizens of Nameville, this thread can be promptly referenced- and perhaps studied a bit- as an insight into what sorts of human behaviors are involved with a speculative domain rush that has little to no potential of generating profit...

For those of you who think that all you need to do is "wait long enough", perhaps you can reap the all the opportunities of the great "b2b" suffixed names that everyone has since given up on. Of course, most participants in 3d mania haven't even been around long enough to remember that, so go ahead and scurry off to Google and learn what it means, then come back and pretend you knew all along... But really... b2b back in the old days? Is pretty much on par with this "3d" thing, right here.

I would seriously recommend that "you people" (<-- not my first choice of words for what I'd like to call most people ITT, but I promised I would turn over a new leaf and become a kinder, gentler Dongsman) read the following books.

1) Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

2) Irrational Exuberance

3) Contrarian Investment Strategies

4) Famous First Bubbles: The Fundamentals of Early Manias

... and for those of you who don't want to buy books, see if you can't G up a transcript of Warren Buffetts 1999 speech at Sun Valley. But seriously. Get those books, buy them or check them out at the library, read them, then read them again. Stop registering garbage names and invest a bit in yourself, by purchasing some books that will substantially hone your perspective on life, success and how much value should be assigned to the opinions of crowds and 'other people'.

I'm kind of an avid self-student of mania behavior, coming from the right generation where we all had the chance to witness a few very important ones (.com, real estate, leveraged banking and equities prices) that no doubt will be carefully studied in years to come...

This thread is just so, so, so perfect...

Last edited:
•••
I'm trying to think of a time in the past when speculation worked for late stage registrations. The good 3D domains were taken years ago. So even the biggest pumpers in this thread were very late to their own party.Now before the pumpers reply to this saying they are a special case, realize the industry you are dealing in. This industry of wolves certainly knew about them. You just showed up late to scavenge through the garbage that the true forward thinkers didn't want.

Spot on Dub!!

And thats what those new to domaining fail to realise - especially those who go in with their ears wide shut.

Froy needs to learn one of the most important lessins in domaining - in fact I think its the most important lesson for beginners from one of the most well connected, most respected domain bloggers out there whose blog is refrred to as the bible of the domain industry, Ron Jackson of DNJOURNAL.COM:

(I also have had the good fortune to pick his brains in an interview I did with him back in 2006, and his comments regarding latest fashion trends were bang on with regards to .tv.)

Domain Name Journal - My First Year in the Domain Business.

In particular the following excerpt :

Still, it is possible to whittle that tuition fee down considerably by remembering one thing. You will rarely make money registering a name that has been available for more than a few minutes. I wasted several months combing through the daily list of dropped names at DeletedDomains.com. I just couldn’t understand why there was never anything good there, but not wanting to leave the keyboard empty handed, I would register a few anyhow.

The fact is the domain ocean is filled with ravenous creatures who gobble up every good domain name long before they hit the deleted list you are looking at. These guys are the industry’s killer whales and tiger sharks. You are the minnow.

So Froy, you need to understand the field that you are entering is not a level playing field. You need to think very much outside the box. Do you think that in 2001, people were not regging 3d names by the dozens. Do you really think the entire domaining industry missed the boat and along came Froy to clean up.

I feel sorry for the money you are throwing away. Why dont you sink it in shares or real estate or charity. It will at least have served some purpose.

Until you settle down and watch listen, learn, research, u wil forever be the epitome of THE FANBOY

Last edited:
•••
This might be long so sit tight...
I am not new to domaining... i have 'dabbled' now for about 4 years... not a guru, but not a noob either... i have made modest money off of a few names... no more than 5 figures total in my lifetime, so i will not and ever consider myself an "expert"...

... with that said, i am new to this forum and was originally excited to be... i didn't jump in this thread to sell anything... i was excited to talk about more 3d technology, present developments and the effect it would have on the domain business..

... i have regged about 150 3d related domain names in the past month and a half, so this was NEVER a premeditated motive of mine coming in, but since my first 3d domain name - man, am i stoked about the future... and this thread here, if it is ANY indication of the rest of this forum as a whole, is nothing but filled with HOMERS who ONLY want to praise the 3d purchases of the other and rip those they know nothing about.. it doesn't even seem like you all try to hide it - it's just BLATANT!!!

I am amazed at how the ones who do not agree with the purchase of 3d domain names can just not get enough of this topic and this thread... it speaks of your own character, really....

me, i'm a yankees fan who despises the mets
... would i rather watch, read and learn more about my yankees or hang arond a mets forum just to throw mud on them? .. makes no sense!!

I understand there are some stupid names being regged out there, but that doesn't mean ALL names being regged are a handful of flames.... not a chance.. just the other day somonee on this board regged "3d side effects"... F**Kin BRILLIANT man!!! .. I LOVE that one... (Jealous, actually - AWESOME find!!) i didn't see any of you homers step up and say anything good about it... or even my list of 25 .co.uk names for that matter - one person said anything... you only want to STICK to and quote the bad ones... what kind of credibility is that?

You have people on this board who have only joined this room to rip and rant about how criminal it is to register 3d domain names... there SOLE PURPOSE is to do just that... this just don't undertsand.

The whole "ALL GOOD 3d names were taken years ago" thing is JUST - RIDICULOUS!!!!!

I'm sorry, i'm not trying to be a troublemaker by any means, but i had this exact same discussion with domainica in another forum and STILL never got a complete, black and white answer...

when you say that, when you ALL say "ALL GOOD 3d names were taken years ago" what exactly do YOU mean?... seriously - what is YOUR idea of valuable? ... monetarily speaking, of course.

Am i to understand that the ones who say that will ONLY get invloved in ANY domin name if it can fetch 6 figures?.. cause the SMALL list of names that actually have been 'regged for years' are about the only ones who WILL net 6 figures (if at all)... so again .. is 6 figures your ONLY idea of a good domain investment? .five figure domain names - is that what "GOOD DOMAIN NAMES" are to YOU?

maybe you guys have never worked a day in your lives and that's why you feel that way, but man, i have NO PROBLEM buying 200 $7 items (DIGITAL items, no less!) and selling them for $75 a piece... from where i come from, which is reality .. THAT IS A PROFIT!!!

... so maybe you guys with your HIGH expectations are really full of CR*P cause a real 6-7 figure domainer is not gonna even waste their time talking to us second rate citizens who have no idea what a domain name is.

Also.. AS A DOMAINER, wouldn't you guys WELCOME the hype into your industry??? I mean, isn't this what's considered 'GOOD FOR BUSINESS" for you all??... o.. that's right .. only for those who actually BOUGHT 3d domain names and GET to play this game this time around .. and i don;t mean no S3d names either.. i mean REAL 3d names!! (save the s3d is the technical right way to say it garbage also - grandma and auntie em are STILL gonna only call it THREE DEE... as well as ALL marketers, advertisers and business owners)

Sorry to step out of line in some of your eyes...
.. i'm not trying to create trouble, but you guys are just out of control now.. and if you kick me out of this thread and this forum - so be it... guys like myself and froy and pjam and evirtual and so may others keep trying to ADD to the 3d discussion... we're bringing awareness to your industry.. you should be thanking our DUMB selves for the pub!

Froy - i love your enthusiasm and really, i am on your side - i obviously believe 3d will be big - but dude, you're IN FANTASY LAND with your guesstimated numbers'... personally i think you're just trying to get a rise, and i sit and laugh, but i hope it's only that... you can't realitically think you're getting 7 figures for mobile network 3d or whatever it was.... not unless you build a 7 figure business on top of it....expectations are great in life, but reality needs to mingle around the thought too, ya know.

also.. in closing ..
.. i don't know why you guys keep calling this a "TREND" ..
... maybe that's where your biggest problems are
... maybe you need to research "reality" and "trends" instead of bashing

... this is not The Macarena

...so g'head and take your turns ripping into me now and talking all your smack with your tagteam partners... i expect it more so now since you got hit with some TRUTH.

as for everyone else...
the only way to slow these guys down is to agree with at least some parts of what i just said - this has become nothing more than a bashing room and it's not necessary

•••
I'm sorry, i'm not trying to be a troublemaker by any means, but i had this exact same discussion with domainica in another forum and STILL never got a complete, black and white answer...

when you say that, when you ALL say "ALL GOOD 3d names were taken years ago" what exactly do YOU mean?... seriously - what is YOUR idea of valuable? ... monetarily speaking, of course.

You got more than a black and white answer.

You doubted me when I said the good 3D names were taken years ago.
I provided proof at the other forum and also here, just a few postings ago.

You asked about my idea of value.
I gave you my opinion. I asked for one name, just one 3D name, that made the list at DNJournal. There wasn't one, was there? But you still insisted your 3D names had value. But when I asked you to add up the money you made selling your names versus the money you spent on buying them, you stated that you made a $75 sale.

$75.

I still don't understand how your ONLY 3D sale amounting to an astonishing $75 is valuable.
Especially when you titled the thread you started at the other forum with:
"Will '3D' Revive The Domain Industry - 3D Domain Names"
then went on and on and on about how much these 3D names will be worth someday.

All I requested from you was "show me the money". To your credit, you finally did. But like I stated at the other forum, a $75 sale ain't gonna revive the domain industry, and it certainly ain't gonna make anyone rich.

Last edited:
•••
Can't believe you actually registered it.

I don't want to be mean but, when you're in a hole the rule #1 is: stop digging :guilty:

Now, just because 3D is "going to be huge" does not mean that any 3D domain will be valuable. It's a simple as that and it applies to any industry.

43 million web results on google for Bras not the greatest but
Virtual 3D of all different types of bras A woman can upload herself and try on any bra
100's of Bra manufactures out there . Its a small word and every women wears one,

•••
Thats why we have

wigs3D
lips3d
bras3d
makeover3d
plasticsurgery3d
newbeauty3D
eyes3d
couture3d
boots3d

These were all in mind when we registered them.

I guess you won't develop them all and are waiting for a buyer to show up (to bail you out). It's difficult to thrive with domains without maintaining a balanced portfolio. If you keep 100% of your assets in a single speculative niche I can predict serious cash flow problems and crushing renewal fees.

Lesson of they day: get acquainted with the difference between number of results in google and search volume. You lack the most basic knowledge.

This thread has just gotten too weird and out of hand. Good luck to all with your 3-d names. I'm unsubcribing and peace out.

Yesterday people were drinking Kool-Aid.
But today it's happy hour time and Kool-Aid is raining on Namepros :bah:

•••
If you want to know how many 3D domains there are in my portfolio it's zero. If I must own 3D domains I would rather buy solid ones like 3D.com or 3Dmovies.com etc on the aftermarket, rather than wasting money on a trashload of regfee names.
You seriously don't believe '3D' is the only niche worthy of speculating on. Also, I see the difference between speculation and investment. Do you ?

•••

Hmmm.

I wonder if 3dTrainWreck.com is available and maybe its cousin TrainWreck3d.

I can see it now TrainWreck3d: The Movie, starring Froy, the uber-domainer.

Too bad, Froy; you missed out on a great deal. I just raised my price to $2,000,000.

Alas.

•••
•••
I would not be surprised if the 3d fad is short lived. 3d films "trick" the brain into seeing 3d. Its ok to watch one movie but longer viewing could be very dangerous. Read up on the studies. After a bunch of 8 hour gamers go blind or people start having medical side effects they will go back to their HD tvs.

I could be wrong but I see 3dlawsuits is already registered. I would have bought that one.

3d is good for certain designer programs but I see a pile of junk 3d regs on here. My own opinion of course on the matter.

.....(psssst) signatures , only 3 lines , thanks for your imput

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back