Dynadot

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No I admit buying TM names prior to knowing it was not a good thing to do.
I called them and told them we owned it and they had no issue with it.
I actually wanted to barter a office setup for the name
And how does this make you feel? Haven't you been saying that everyone is going to rebrand to CompanyName3D? Why didn't Herman Miller want the very domain that you said was going to be so vital to a company's online success?

What does players mean?
The disc that we would put into a machine to PLAY would not be called 3D
Don't like it .
His 3Dplayers is certainly better than anything you've posted here.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

hello, reg'd threedtv.tel awhile ago, hope this helps. dc.
ThreeDTV.tel ?????

http://i42.tinypic.com/hrd352.jpg

•••
I was able to grab 3dTelevisions.org a few years back :)

Good grab! :)

I'm still wonder why some domainers are so skeptical with the 3D products...
You can still be critical of some 3D domain names registered, but how can't you trust the potential of the 3D Keyword?

•••
I have 3DTV dotbz going to bido auction today. No reserve and $28 start. Someone might walk away with a great deal here. Link is in my sig.

•••
I have 3DTV dotbz going to bido auction today. No reserve and $28 start. Someone might walk away with a great deal here. Link is in my sig.

Good Luck Blitz!

but how can't you trust the potential of the 3D Keyword?

You can't.
It's a gamble, just like any other domain anyone here has bought.
Anyone of us could have bought a domain for too high of a price to make a profit on.
Same here anyone of us could have regged domains that may not sell.

Like Mr. Rhee said about 5-10 pages ago...
investigate before you invest.
and
Only spend what you can afford to lose.

•••
And how does this make you feel? Haven't you been saying that everyone is going to rebrand to CompanyName3D? Why didn't Herman Miller want the very domain that you said was going to be so vital to a company's online success?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

ThreeDTV.tel ?????

URL Deleted

Really, DDDD,

It isn't nice to pick on that boy in the picture.

He's probably a lot happier than all of us put together on this thread.

Besides, there's no chance in hell that he would reg ThreeDTV.tel or any domain, for that matter.

It's one thing to snark, but let's not drag some innocent soul who has nothing to do with this topic into this conversation.

Please?

Last edited:
•••
Best of luck to you w/the medical 3D domains.
That list I posted, I have always had those domains on my list of "possibilities".
Did you take any of those?
Woul you mind sharing them?
Best of luck to ya!

Hi DS,

No, I didn't take them, because I personally believe that 3D alone is a hard sell, when combined with anything other than .com (ir possibly .de/co.uk) is a double whammy hard sell!!IMHO..

A few I got were

3DBRAINSURGERY.COM
3DEYESURGERY.COM
3DHEARTSURGERY.COM
3DHEARTTRANSPLANT
3DLUNGTRANSPLANT.COM
3DKIDNEYTRANSPLANT.COM
3DCANCER.COM
3DARTHRITIS.COM
3DDIABETES.COM
3DALZHEIMERS.COM
3DDISEASES.COM

And a couple more.

Have to say though, this really is putting a $150 bet on the horses

And there is plenty left in that genre. (I wonder why!!)

•••
Hi DS,

No, I didn't take them, because I personally believe that 3D alone is a hard sell, when combined with anything other than .com (ir possibly .de/co.uk) is a double whammy hard sell!!IMHO..

A few I got were

3DBRAINSURGERY.COM
3DEYESURGERY.COM
3DHEARTSURGERY.COM
3DHEARTTRANSPLANT
3DLUNGTRANSPLANT.COM
3DKIDNEYTRANSPLANT.COM
3DCANCER.COM
3DARTHRITIS.COM
3DDIABETES.COM
3DALZHEIMERS.COM
3DDISEASES.COM

And a couple more.

Have to say though, this really is putting a $150 bet on the horses

And there is plenty left in that genre. (I wonder why!!)

Thanks for Posting Millers.

Yeah, It's a big crapshoot but with the way the term "3D" is geetting tossed around now, News, Media, Stores, etc.
I think that it will be the alll encompassing term for other visual break throughs.
I hope that those Medical Terms work out for you. Just imagine if they did come up with a 3D type of Brain Surgery???
Stranger things have happened. I like how you were very specific in your operational procedures.
Well, as always I wish you the best with your vision. :)

•••
Thanks for Posting Millers.

Yeah, It's a big crapshoot but with the way the term "3D" is geetting tossed around now, News, Media, Stores, etc.
I think that it will be the alll encompassing term for other visual break throughs.
I hope that those Medical Terms work out for you. Just imagine if they did come up with a 3D type of Brain Surgery???
Stranger things have happened. I like how you were very specific in your operational procedures.
Well, as always I wish you the best with your vision. :)

Correct - the best names are the product names - cause you dont need a fancy 3D webpage to sell 3D products, but it is a good address for people looking to buy 3d products.

As far as 3D surgery etc - for it to be really worth anything at all would mean either

1. Having a 3D website...Is this even on the horizon?
2. A landing site for medical students to learn about the impact 3D will have on surgery as far as bein able to set up a projector in MED school - and show brain surgery taking place live and seeing the surgery in 3D thrown onto the projecter - allowing for greater understanding of life or death medical procedures.

Situation 1 would be much more lucrative of course, cause it will revolutionise the way medical operations are taught

Situation 2 is more of a blog type site - discussing the impact of 3D during operations, rather than actually seeing 3D operations on the website.

•••
I was able to grab 3dTelevisions.org a few years back :)

did I mention we had grab3d.com?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Who said they did not want it?

This coming from a guy who say's HD is bigger than 3D
You have no credibility what so ever

•••
1. Having a 3D website...Is this even on the horizon?
2. A landing site for medical students to learn about the impact 3D will have on surgery as far as bein able to set up a projector in MED school - and show brain surgery taking place live and seeing the surgery in 3D thrown onto the projecter - allowing for greater understanding of life or death medical procedures.

Situation 1 would be much more lucrative of course, cause it will revolutionise the way medical operations are taught

Situation 2 is more of a blog type site - discussing the impact of 3D during operations, rather than actually seeing 3D operations on the website.

Both of those ideas do not seem too far fetched.
I think I would hold onto those for the long haul.
Time will tell.

•••
HD will still be alive even if 3D will be there, like analogue vs HD...
They will charge extra fees for 3DTV instead of HDTV: great timing for the cable networks(HD will be the norm instead of analogue)

So Cable networks will promote BIGTIME the 3D technology for them to charge us more money!!

The 3D potential isn't about our opinions: it's about interest! (too much tech business need this new product to lift off from recession = lot off money will be spent in promotion to convince us that this is the greatest-thing!)

Last edited:
•••
avatar made millions, do you think it was the story line or because it was in 3d
Indeed, but do Avatar or the producers make use of '3D' domains ?

Last edited:
•••
This thread has some very nice domains, but it seems like most of the newbies are picking up the leftover scraps.

3D might be huge, but that does not translate to mediocre 3D domains having major value.

Many of these domains posted are lesser extensions, hyphenated, 3D in an odd place, etc. I see the value in true premium 3D domains. I don't see value in most of the rest.

Brad

•••
This thread has some very nice domains, but it seems like most of the newbies are picking up the leftover scraps.

3D might be huge, but that does not translate to mediocre 3D domains having major value.

Many of these domains posted are lesser extensions, hyphenated, 3D in an odd place, etc. I see the value in true premium 3D domains. I don't see value in most of the rest.

Brad

Absolutely, positively.

One of the only 3d names I saw that was definitely worthwhile was "3dPlayers.com". I also just saw it was originally regged in 1999.

Which is what a few of us have been saying throughout the life of this thread:
All the good 3d names were regged a long time ago.

•••
3D Web Player..... Say what?.....

Froy, it actually the Player(s), like DVD Players, the little device that plays the 3D disc......They are called "3D Players"

3D Web Player
Coming Soon....

FYI: 3D development tools maker Stonetrip revealed a new version of its ShiVa 3D web player, which the company says is immediately compatible with more than 80 percent of computers worldwide and requires minimal fuss to run.

Opps, Here's the official press release

By the way, I just picked up:

1. 3DWebPlayer.com
2. 3DWebPlayer.org

Last edited:
•••
The first 3d Movie on Blu Ray is Monster vs Aliens

Samsung claims that its 3D LCDs can simulate 3D, and swap between 2D and 3D at the touch of a button. "Even if 3D content is unavailable, the TVs can render 2D content – like broadcast TV, gaming content, and legacy DVDs – into 3D in real time," according to Samsung. Samsung will also provide a free 3D Starter Kit with the purchase of a Samsung 3D HDTV and either the Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray Player or the HT-C6930W 3D Home Theater System, the company said. Included in the kit is a 3D version of "Monsters vs. Aliens" and two pairs of Samsung 3D Active Glasses.
Samsung Announces 3D HDTV Pricing, Availability - Reviews by PC Magazine

•••
This coming from a guy who say's HD is bigger than 3D
You have no credibility what so ever
Why are you disputing that HD is bigger than 3D?

If all 3D is on HD, but not all HD is 3D then common sense says that HD is bigger than 3D.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Who said they did not want it?
Okay then, what did Herman Miller offer you for it?

If you even called, which seems as likely as that office of 80 graphic designers building 3D websites (I have NEVER seen the topic of 3D sites on the web developer forums). You got the name of that design firm yet? You did claim to be in their office and see this first hand.

•••
The first 3d Movie on Blu Ray is Monster vs Aliens

Samsung claims that its 3D LCDs can simulate 3D, and swap between 2D and 3D at the touch of a button. "Even if 3D content is unavailable, the TVs can render 2D content – like broadcast TV, gaming content, and legacy DVDs – into 3D in real time," according to Samsung. Samsung will also provide a free 3D Starter Kit with the purchase of a Samsung 3D HDTV and either the Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray Player or the HT-C6930W 3D Home Theater System, the company said. Included in the kit is a 3D version of "Monsters vs. Aliens" and two pairs of Samsung 3D Active Glasses.
Samsung Announces 3D HDTV Pricing, Availability - Reviews by PC Magazine

I have 3dInRealTime.com. The term gets mentioned a lot, but I'm not sure how I might monetize it. I also have RealTimeIn3d.com. Neither term has exact matches in Google Adwords exact searches, though, so we'll see. A 12-letter domain is a bit long.

;)

I thought it might be worth the chance.

•••
WoW Lexi .. NICE Pickup there!!! .. that's seriously pretty tight!!

- - - - -

Giles
.. 3dPlayers .. what more can i say .. WOW!! .. VERY nicely done..you are building up quite a little arsenal there ... i wish you well with all of them :)

- - - - - - -

Ms Domainer
.. Welcome to the 3d CLUB :)

- - - -

Froy
... 3dPlayers sounds STUPID??
.. c'mon man .. how could you possibly say something like that
.. i only pick on you right now because it's moments like this that make you SEEM like you don't know much.. but i honestly do think you're much smarter than that.. 3dPlayers is ridiculously good!! ..

- - - -

I am also happy to report the new additions to the 3dDomainNames Library
...FRESH off expired (like literally, seconds)

• Exercise 3d.com
• Colleges 3d.com
• Schools 3d.com

The way i see it ... the only one with a 'flaw' would be the Exercise3d, and i say that not because exercising in 3d wouldn't be cool .. but until they come out with glasses-free 3d ... this might SUCK
haha

Stoked with the new additions..
... Feedback Please

Last edited:
•••
I am also happy to report the new additions to the 3dDomainNames Library
...FRESH off expired (like literally, seconds)

• Colleges 3d.com
• Schools 3d.com

The way i see it ... the only one with a 'flaw' would be the Exercise3d, and i say that not because exercising in 3d wouldn't be cool .. but until they come out with glasses-free 3d ... this might SUCK
haha

Stoked with the new additions..
... Feedback Please

Those domain's have huge potential…great purchase

•••

Thanks D-K
.. SCHOOLS can be ANYTHING - i like it!

•••
•••

Who said they didn't want this domain?

Coming from someone who has no 3D domains and say's HD is going to be bigger than 3D most anything you say has no merit.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

if you can also get the singular versions

school3d.com and college3d.com

•••

Who said they didn't want this domain?

Coming from someone who has no 3D domains and say's HD is going to be bigger than 3D most anything you say has no merit.

Sour grapes, froy?

I don't often agree with Rub a Dub Dub, but in this case he's right.

3DPlayers is probably one of the best domains on this thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back