NameSilo

Anyone else feel this way?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you feel this way?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    53.8%
  • No

votes
    46.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Lately, I've felt sort of bored and pissed at school. I find it really kind of pointless... what exactly do you learn? To be a mindless robot that will work for 40 years with low wages, and retire on minimal pensions? Seriously...

Everything is starting to be repetitive in a way now. I personally barely learn anything now, and the point of this thread is basically to see if I'm alone or not in what I'm feeling...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't go round thinking about life in such a negative way, it's just not healthy.

I've been through stages like that, but I'm trying to put some effort in now as I'm at A-Levels which are a lot more important than GCSE's. You sort of -know- when it's time to get your act together.

•••
hehe, don't worry, that's not what i think about LIFE. It's more focused on school at the moment... I try and try to get my act together, but it just doesn't work. I'm not.. motivated (a bit too strong in this case). And it's not that I'm a bad student... I'm a straight A student, which earns me the status "nerd" sometimes, although I rarely study and I hardly do homework much more than a day before it's due. :P

•••
If you aren't motivated enough, maybe you're just not being pushed hard enough?

Talk to your teachers about it and maybe they can give you something a bit more challenging?

•••
Yeah, I thought like this. But think about it - GCSE's open up the path to higher education - and that's important. I just wasn't going to bother but then, in the last 2 years, it clicked - I have to work. I did work and it paid off, I got good grades and I'm studying at a college with a good reputation, doing pretty well and possibly looking at some good A-Level grades.

Stick at it, you have to be there so make the most of it. You will probably make friends there who you will know the rest of your life. To think that school results in a life of being a "mindless robot that will work for 40 years with low wages" is a very naive and negative attitude to have. In fact, I think you will find not going to school will result in living that way ;)

Last edited:
•••
I used to, but now that I joined the Theatre Technical Group, i've started liking school again - every lunchtime I learn something new (which slider does what, etc)

Join a club or something.

•••
Well atm I feel the same way :(.

As I posted in a similar thread, i'm thinking that I might leave year 12, work for a year and do something, then I have the choice of doing year 12 again if I like, whenever :).

Not sure though, gonna take a while :(. My parents are practically forcing me to go, I know they'll be disappointed If I leave, but, I just wanna be happy - Which atm I am not.

Any thoughts?

•••
How can you not like high school? The beauty of high school is how EASY it is to make friends and have a GOOD TIME. Use this time wisely, while you still have "free time" to learn outside of school. Hell if school is boring and pointless, that means its too easy = you have LOTS of free time. Stop playing WOW ;) or w/e game you play and put that into good use.

Im in college now, and life is busy :). Havent had that much time to do domaining nor learn stuff i want to learn (although college is VERY life applicable... besides BS gen ed classes -_-)

•••
Mikor, sliders? You mean faders :p

That's as bad as calling a par can a spotlight. And calling a Follow Spot, a spotlight.

•••
Morphmaster said:
Mikor, sliders? You mean faders :p

That's as bad as calling a par can a spotlight. And calling a Follow Spot, a spotlight.

Dont blame me, so far they've only told me the names of the lights..
Follow Spots, Cantatas, 1-Ks and 650s

•••
My mp3 + tea is getting me through the days plus i am starting to finally get the a level routine of work

•••
I'm a sorta yes cuz school is kinda boring but i keep working at it to get the best possible GCSE grades to webdesigner , but then ive under 2 years left anyway

•••
Some part of school, i did feel it was pointless...

It was like "K, Well, i didn't learn anything new today..."

Maybe because i messed around alot and didn't pay attention, or it just got repetitive and boring...

•••
Some of my classes are pointless... In biology all we do is take (copy) notes and write definitions.

My photography class is the dumbest thing ever and we normally spend half of every class arguing with our teacher.

Other than that I have some cool classes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back