Dynadot

Any Use in Another Free Blog Site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm thinking about making a blog site, sortof like livejournal.com. While I realize that the hundreds of people that logon to LJ will be nearly impossible for me to beat, would it be a good idea to create a blog site? I mean, a lot of people don't like the LJ templates... If I made a new place with some really cool templates, could I get a ton of people to join? Or is the Blog Market too saturated as it is?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think there is still a lot of room in the blog market (for both free and paid blogs).

The key is offering something totally different than other serivices can offer (value added services). That could be their own domain name, use of a unique catchy domain that you own (user.imcool.com or some such) or combined services like free email, more space, more blog tools, etc.

If done right, it could still work :)

•••
Ok, thanks for the help! I origionally was planning on using this for PHP practice :P Maybe letting them have up to 10 pages of other content or something?

•••
There isn't much room in the free blog market these days, but there could be room for your site if you handle your approach properly. The main thing, besides really cool features, is to have a short, catchy name people will want to type.
:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back