NameSilo

Any success in selling through Brandroot.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,

So i know NR and BB are the main ones people talk about and I have a bunch of names accepted by both.

I do have some quality names though that they hadn't seen fit for them. I submitted some to BrandRoot.com and quite a few did get accepted.

My questions are:

1) has anyone here sold through brandroot.com
2) is it worth the 10$ listing fee + exclusivity

Tempted to go forward with the listings but wanted to know if anyone did already go through this process already?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi pokainc,

I have sold 2 domains with them for low x,xxx, out of 30 listed (for less than a year).

Found them professional to deal with. I like the logos. I can't comment on whether or not the exclusivity is worth it until I have more stats.

Robozy

•••
Thank you Robozy!

So far have about 6-7 accepted.. Many more awaiting.. I guess ill give them a shot

•••
I have listed a few names with them recently but like Robzoy says it's too early for me too to gove feedback on whether or not the exclusivity is worth it. The process so far has been easy and professional and most important, fast.

•••
Brandroot is good. I have sold 3 names in the past couple of months. If someone has quality brandable names and wants a fast accepted/denied decision (especially compared to another site that takes 2 months to hear back) it should be considered. The logos and the overall layout and design of the site are top notch. Brandroot is a welcome addition to the other brandable sites (which have their pros and cons).

•••
For those that don't know how to read between the lines User Name "Northern Lights" who registered a few days ago April of 2014 is either Brandroot or working for Brandroot so take their comments with a grain of salt.

•••
For those that don't know how to read between the lines User Name "Northern Lights" who registered a few days ago April of 2014 is either Brandroot or working for Brandroot so take their comments with a grain of salt.

hookbox is assuming some things that aren't true. No biggie.

•••
It appears Brandroot founder/owner(?) had his NP account suspended. Kind of an interesting development.

•••
•••
Hmm, am I missing something? It doesn't seem like the owners account got suspended..

•••
It was suspended for a moment under false pretense.

•••
Does the wait is smaller than NR and BB ? Is there an exclusivity clause for this marketplace ?

•••
Does the wait is smaller than NR and BB ? Is there an exclusivity clause for this marketplace ?

The waiting time is around 2 weeks at the moment. The waiting time at BB is anywhere between a couple of days and a couple of months. I havent listed any names on NM lately but I understand from others that the waiting time for logos has gotten as long as a few months in some cases. At BR you can see the number of domains that are pending review so it is quite transparant.

Names listed at BR require exclusivity yes.

•••
BR...almost 2.5 weeks, names accepted though still in cue for logo. NM, same time frame, names accepted, only one w/ a description, #300 something for logo, 10 other names have no descriptions/logos. BB, not even a peep yet. BR is quick to respond, hopefully will see names up soon. It appears it may be a month turnaround, whereas the other two are in the 3 month range. If that's the case I will submit names to BR first. We shall see. Ultimately though the real test is when, where, if I sell.

Last edited:
•••
Had one name listed there now for about 1 month on the featured section. No bites yet

•••
•••
•••
My domain had 1 month from submission to published on Brandroot as where I waited a month and a half just for a response from BrandBucket.. I am thinking of buying the featured as well to see if I get any bites. Will decide on Monday.

•••
BR gets my vote for best service and best results. Just sold my 5th domain through them. Friendly, smooth transactions and responsive support. Keep up the good work!

•••
BR gets my vote for best service and best results. Just sold my 5th domain through them. Friendly, smooth transactions and responsive support. Keep up the good work!
Great to know! I currently have 5 names listed, and it's good to know that you've been successful with them. I'm beginning to feel I should have submitted more names to BR in place of BB. Especially as they are quick to respond to any questions or concerns.

•••
Can you advise if all your names sold at the prices listed or did you accept lower offers from the buyers that made the sales possible. And can what prices ranges they sold - lower/upper $xxx or lower/upper $xxxx and lastly were any of them featured listings - thanks

•••
Sold at list price. Upper $xxx to lower $x,xxx. No featured listings.

•••
I have eight names listed there, mostly in the low $x,xxx. I've sold one there so far since March and had offers on a few others. Very good experience overall. They seem to sell very frequently - I like that sales are visible on the homepage.

•••
•••
Many of our early adopters and prime sellers do not have an account with NamePros. If you have great names, submit them and I assure you that they will sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back