Dynadot

Brandbucket sell-through

NameSilo
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
Sell-through is the single most important parameter of the efficiency for the market place.

And while it can/should vary, overall, for any seller that has large enough portfolio, the numbers over a long enough period of time should be similar. After all, supposedly, BB does quality control admitting the names and all names there are already filtered for being sellable.

But, the problem with BB is that there is an apparent bias in search results and listing order of names and those who are not favored by this bias, need/should know their odds of selling to make an informed decision about increasing size of their portfolio (keep investing) or moving the names out.

Let's share the information in this thread. Please write how many names you have, what is the current % from your dashboard, how many sales in the past 12 months and if % is influenced by acquisition of listed names.

Here is my info:

Currently have 174 names. However, around 80 was acquired from other accounts, so realistically my average holding was around 100 names.

Sell through in my dashboard shows 1.2% (for average of 166 names including acquired ones), but really it is around 2%.

For comparison, I have sold 11 names for 6.5 months of 2018 from about 700 names that were rejected by BB (via BR, BP and AN), so annualized sell-through for those has been near 3%.

This is why I am seriously considering removing my portfolio from there, but would love to see data from others before deciding.

PS this topic is separate from BB experience one, as it is not really discussing experience with the platform, but rather their efficiency in selling.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back