IT.COM

Francois Carrillo calls out Brandroot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
April 18th, 2016, Francois wrote:
Saturday I bought Qoni.com at Brandroot.com for $2,290
As a side note, Qoni.com was listed with a Buy-It-Now price of only $325 in 2007.

April 20th, 2016, Francois wrote:
Subject:

I did not get QONI.com​

In the last newsletter I told how I recently bought QONI.com at Brandroot.com...

Things did not go the way I expected:
I was so happy with the purchase that in the feedback box after the sale, I explained with great detail why and how I landed in this site and bought this domain, plus I signed up for their newsletter to get informed of new listings.
But after the Paypal payment the only thing I received was an automatic email template with the logo of the purchased domain (ouch!).
After more than 2 days without any news, I was a bit disappointed, so I posted a message in the landing page of the domain hoping to reach the owner for prepare the push of the domain.
The owner response was a bad surprise:
He was not aware of this sale because he never listed the domain at Brandroot.com and as if it wasn't enough, the domain was absolutely *not for sale* at the price I purchased it.
As Brandroot.com seems to continue silent, I decided to place a Paypal dispute to get my money back asap, and yes I got it back.
But after few days still not a single email to apologize for the failed sale or at minimum an explanation of what happened... I guess this is how things works at Brandroot.com.
It's a fact, people rarely unlist names from marketplaces once sold. And it looks that maybe that is what happened here.There is always the case where the owner changed his mind and or no longer wants to sell or ask for more. This is where the help of the marketplace is expected to help clarify the situation and eventually invite the owner (if it's the lister) to honor a sale.​

I figured @Brandroot would like a chance to reply to this issue.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Brandroot?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fairness is very important in this business. To start with, I had a very tough experience with Brandroot few months ago, that ended with both of us parting ways professionally.

Having looked at the story from both sides, I dont see much error on Brandroot's side, even if, the guy apologized promptly and the refund was sitting in the bank account 4-5 hours into the first business day! We all forget to delist names from market places. I had a domain that was wrongly priced within a bulk listing on Sedo and Afternic, 2 buyers bought it(when I was sleeping), one from each marketplace. The one on afternic bought it first, so I contacted Sedo and told them the story, the guys understood and refunded teh buyer immediately without any issues.

BR honors sales, and if they dont, they wouldnt be selling a lot! We should have a fine line between personal perceptions and professional reviews/messaging that goes publicly! I had some issues previously with BR, but I wouldnt hunt chances to get them into negative publicity. NO POINT! We all do mistakes, one shouldnt be judgemental and opportunisitic negatively!

@Brandroot you have my support in this, and one credit I give you recently is your improved composure! If this problem happened 1 year ago, I would have found screen shots of you here with a Bazooka aiming at everyone who didnt take your side :)

Ah, and by the way, I even tried to list my names with BR after I left BB, but we couldnt agree on some pricing, so I didnt, So basically I dont have any rolling business with BR nor Francois, I stated the abvoe out of absolute fairness to everyone. Good Luck
You had trouble with brand root or brand bucket?

•••
You had trouble with brand root or brand bucket?
I had my domains across both initially, then I had a problem with BR on something so I left, and left BB for another business reason. I would say I had initially a problem with BR to cut it short. But no hard feelings over it, I believe we both sorted it out even though I dont have any rolling business with them

•••
•••
April 22nd, 2016, Francois wrote:
If you read my 2 latest newsletters then you are aware I bought.com QONI.com on Brandroot.com but I did not succeed to get it because it was listed by a previous owner.
I was upset the marketplace did not sent me an email to explain me the situation... It appears they put a note apologizing for my bad experience in the Paypal refund that I did not notice. Sorry.

Brandroot.com is a vertical marketplace selling brandable domains like BrandBucket.com, Namerific.com (those that come to mind, there is more) and for sure the elitist Catchy.com

If you own brandable domains and are looking for end-user sales I insist:
It's critical to list them in these kind of marketplaces where people come everyday to search for great domain ideas because all the ones they had previously were probably taken, used or difficult to the owner was unreachable.

And sorry if my English is not as perfect as your French ;)

Francois
That concludes that.

•••
Brandrood is STILL full of domains that no longer redirect to their site. Including domains listed live on BrandBucket and HugeDomains. (Some owned by HugeDomains since 2015 are still live for sale on BR for a lesser price) See the BrandRoot experience thread for more....

**Posting in this thread to show that Brandrood has yet to take accountability of their marketplace**

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back