IT.COM

question Any lander with no 'for sale' and no PPC, just contacts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Anna_M

Established Member
Impact
@Epik.com again maybe?

These guys seem to solve every problem in the industry :)

Or is self-hosting the only option?

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I would not be surprised if russian mobile networks are explicitly banned on various non-RU websites, including parkingcrew. Too many spam traffic. Searching for хрумер (better this way, in cyrillic, as it is the root) may explain why this happens... Non-mobile traffic from RU is more or less fine.

Last edited:
•••
It is a new surprise for me...
Because in the past I had XX inquiries at PC from Russia...

Last edited:
•••
You may visit Merci.PRO as live example at ParkingCrew...
And click the banner to get just plain Contact Form...
If another domainer from Russia reads this thread - please visit it...
And post your results... accessible or not.

•••
Home internet or in your office?
Try via mobile...

Fact:

- http://merci.pro/ does NOT open on Tinkoff Mobile without VPN
- http://merci.pro/ DOES open on Tinkoff Mobile with VPN

Let me pay closer attention from now on to see if I can spot the pattern - use several ISPs and almost always on VPN except when I access Namepros.

Actually, that's how the problem discovered.

Went to merci.pro from your post at Namepros - without VPN.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is definitely something new... Recent ban in Russia or @ParkingCrew banned RU ranges.
Were no problems previously. Tons of RU inquiries received.

Last edited:
•••
Resume: own hosted landing pages should be better nowadays. Not only it would eliminate a possiblity of IP bans we are speaking about, but it would also allow better landers customization. This would mean no parking income - but it is not a big loss really. Russia, China with its big firewall, etc - so any parking company (or any mass domain landing service) may have issues with receiving some or all parts of the traffic. Reputable hosting company should less likely have such issues, moreover, ordering dedicated IP even for shared hosting plan should be possible with some providers. I would however avoid amazon services (ec2, etc) in this aspect. They are great, no doubts, but... too many sites are hosted with amazon. Telegram messenger was using their infrastructure at some point of time, and Russia banned all amazon hosting IPs when they tried to prohibit Telegram. I think they later unbanned amazon, but still...

And, by the way, if the domain portfolio is also for sale on Afternic (or any U.S.-based marketplace) - and the seller is not in U.S. - then the hosting for landing pages should also be outside U.S. This is due to American W8-BEN tax form ("the undersigned certifies that he is not U.S. resident and does not use webhosting in U.S.", or similar wording)

•••
I have informed ParkingCrew directly via Feedback button...
Waiting for their reply...

•••
Probably, this is a reason... Amazon...
ParkingCrew nameservers are Amazon based...

•••
•••
Only thing we use from Amazon is SES (SMTP) for outgoing only. And even that we'll probably change quite soon. Too busy trying to get our big update out in January so haven't looked into that yet.

But the less we rely on third parties, the better we can debug issues.

Unfortunately, the issue with hosting (parking or even shared hosting), you share an IP address with someone else. And if that IP is shared it takes 1 bad domain, usually one caught on drops with bad history, to blacklist the entire IP.

Most issues are with spam lists and/or China GFW.

So if you host your own pages, yes it'll likely work for a while. But as soon as you catch a bad domain with bad history, you'll be facing the same issue. The more domains you have, the sooner you'll start encountering such issues.

Perhaps dedicated IPs for various customers with larger set of domains. We have 1024 IPs at our disposable and if we really wanted to, can acquire a few thousand extra. But with all of this, even setting it up, comes a price that is just likely not worth it in the long run. It's an idea but there's just 1000 other things that would take a priority to that, probably for any company. And the worst is, if a company decides to block the entire range and/or something happens where you have to change each and every IP, then what? Just sounds like a technical nightmare.

I think perhaps the itnernet eventually fully transitions to IPv6 that may be the time to start thinking about these ideas. But then blacklist providers might get smarter and start banning ranges since there will be basically a massive supply of IPV6s and I'm sure spammers will try to exploit it.

•••
•••
Regarding Epik...
Contact Form is available for their domains by default on their default nameservers...
Just don't list on their marketplace.

Looks like this option sort of solves the prob, currently next best after own hosting it seems,,

•••
•••
If another domainer from Russia reads this thread - please visit it...
And post your results... accessible or not.
As I see - no another RUdomainers.

I just simulated Russian visitor via https://www.locabrowser.com - and no any response...
With other countries - it works as expected.

@ParkingCrew
Don't use Amazon for your nameservers, in brief.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back