Dynadot

Any help? Domain name locked due to Pending TDRP Complaint.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dong Yuan

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Hello,

I have big problem i have buy domain for $1 Million USD on 8 May 2017 and transfer it to PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com then in 20 June 2017, My registrar sent me message inform me the Domain name was locked due to Pending TDRP Complaint, i have sent him the proof of payment show that i have paid for this domain via bank transfer to the seller, but they not yet reply to me guys any one can help me how to protect my domain from revert back to the Loosing Registrar and unlock my domain.

I am sorry i can't show the name of domain for my privacy

Please i need your help as soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it locked at the original register or at yours? Do you think the seller had knowledge that the TDRP was coming and was trying to get away from the name? Did you research trademarks on the name before you bought it?
my new registrar was locked it

•••
If your new registrar locked it then there is no problem. Show them proof of payment and the domain will be unlocked. It is a fairly simple procedure. I am sure on a large buy such as this you got a bill of sale and can show the funds were transferred?

I also assume you made sure the person you were buying from was the legitimate owner of the domain right?

Proper documentation is the key in an event such as this.

Last edited:
•••
If your new registrar locked it then there is no problem. Show them proof of payment and the domain will be unlocked. It is a fairly simple procedure. I am sure on a large buy such as this you got a bill of sale and can show the funds were transferred? I also assume you made sure the person you were buying from was the legitimate owner of the domain right?

Proper documentation is the key in an event such as this.

yes i have already sent my bank statement to my registrar and they tell me Please note, we are currently reviewing the document provided by you and have reached out to the complainant (Loosing Registrar) to further investigate the issue.
I think this seller want to stole my money and get back the domain.

I hope they will resolved as soon and unlocked my domain

•••
Did you just transfer the funds or did you get a bill of sale?

He could claim you paid for a car or something, showing transfer of funds alone is not solid proof of purchase. It may work but your odds are greatly improved if you have a bill of sale.

•••
yes i have already sent my bank statement to my registrar and they tell me Please note, we are currently reviewing the document provided by you and have reached out to the complainant (Loosing Registrar) to further investigate the issue.

Give them 2 business days to review...also, the lawyer suggested in a previous post should have gotten an email from you by now...do not hesitate to contact him.

•••
This is the red flag @Dong Yuan - do you have ownership history to know for certain the domain was not stolen before it was sold to you? Do you know that the complainant is the seller you bought from?
i think the seller who do that because we contact him no reply,
he tell to his Loosing Registrar my domain was stolen then the registrar open TDRP Complaint

•••
Did you just transfer the funds or did you get a bill of sale?

He could claim you paid for a car or something, showing transfer of funds alone is not solid proof of purchase. It may work but your odds are greatly improved if you have a bill of sale.
the bank statement show his name same as previous registrant name in whois
i hope my registrar publicdomainregistry care about this

•••
guys this is not joke, i am very serious, i am in bad health now

•••
Seriously, this is beyond the help we can provide - contact this lawyer ASAP
http://www.johnberryhill.com/

If the seller stole the domain, he would have entered his info into whois, so your seller and the whois would match at that point. HOWEVER, if you did not look at the updated dates, or name server changes or whois history, that would be how you would have known you were buying a stolen domain. So if the seller you purchased from was the thief, you would not know and the real true owner may be the one filing the complaint now.

thank you for your information i will do

•••
We check if username already exists in our DB. If the OP is the same person involved in selling W/F/M/./c/o/m/ (and a few other DN), in this case the privacy-username is legit.

•••
@Dong Yuan how did you explian to yourself that someone is willing to give you the domain with no warranties of payment ?!?

From their point of view, you could keep the domain and never pay and they could do nothing.

•••
John,

I think it's a miracle. I can smell it from the first post!

•••
Those $1M affairs begin and end all too easily....

•••
•••
So sounds like there was no 1 million dollars to begin with. This thief tried to steal the domain and sell it, but was somehow blocked.

He actually stole the domain, but it has now been locked while the real owner is working with the registrar to take it back.

OP also stole the NNNN .com domains listed above, which were returned to their owner. There are other domains worth looking into, which were sold by this guy here.

•••
Hey.... wait a minute!!

I thought I owned 988.com !!

If anyone gets help with this million dollars it should at least be another namepros member :xf.grin:

•••
so this guy stole in past, steals now, and is more or less allowed to go free and potentially screw others in future too? is this what pretty much happens to all theives in domaining? ie.. nothing.

Well, we'll send you out in the Namepros squad car to pick him up, then.

One of the all-time best name thieves was a guy named Omid who lives in Iran, and who is also believed to have performed some services for the government there at one time or another. Who would you like to go get him?

•••
•••
Maybe there needs to be an encrypted wallet of sorts for domain names requiring a key, or perhaps the registrars need to be required to bear some responsibility in securing their customers registered domains.

The current systems are really a joke.

well.. I am sure a lot of people and companies are doing their best to minimize damage.
but examples like this clearly show there is still much improving left to do.

•••
misinformation in bold (dr.com > free email provided by World Media Group > mail.com )

WFM.com
has been acquired by Whole Foods Market, with the transaction likely taking place around 4/4/2014. The domain went from a DONG YUAN with a EVOQ@dr.com to a Kelly Lawrence with a [email protected] email address on 4/4/2014. By 4/10/2014 a Ben Odom with a wholefoods.com email address is in whois. Who “Kelly Lawrence” is or how they are connected to Whole Foods is unknown, but one option is they are a domain buyer broker due to the short stay in whois. Dr.com is owned by World Media Group, LLC which is a very large domain portfolio owner, so they may have helped in some way with the domain purchase.

February 16, 2015 Source dotweekly.com

•••
•••
59319228.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure if I believe the story.
If I have a million dollar transaction I would not post and ask for help here.

Something smells fishy.

Yeah!!

•••
So is this op, the original owner, the recipient of a stolen domain, or the thief?

The op posted that it is resolved???

•••
So sounds like there was no 1 million dollars to begin with. This thief tried to steal the domain and sell it, but was somehow blocked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back