IT.COM

question Alternatives to Escrow.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed today upon logging into my escrow.com account that they are now requiring that all customers provide them with copies of government issued ID's. I'm not interested in trusting these people to securely store documents that could be used to steal my identity especially since they're now a foreign-owned company and also because they no longer seem terribly on the ball. Anyone have experience with some of the alternatives?

I know that snapnames and sedo offer escrow, but I've never tried either of them. Are they any good? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This only tells you the good side. If the buyer is not from US, they can pay by credit card up to $2000. With no way to make a purchase over this amount. No wire transfers for overseas buyers. It's an awful burden. And needs top priority to address this limitation.
We do accept wires for most all transactions, domestic and international. There are certain situations where individuals transacting (vs a company and individual) between each other that aren't allowed due to AML concerns. Whenever this has been brought to my attention the transaction has been allowed after management review.

•••
Can’t use Payoneer if you are in certain states. Escrow is a nightmare but have limited options to close a deal quickly and make the buyer comfortable. End user might not be comfortable with random marketplaces. Other domainers no problem.
Escrow is currently available in every state except Nevada. I believe there are other escrow companies that serve Nevada, but I am not aware of any that are licensed in Nevada.

•••
We do accept wires for most all transactions, domestic and international. There are certain situations where individuals transacting (vs a company and individual) between each other that aren't allowed due to AML concerns. Whenever this has been brought to my attention the transaction has been allowed after management review.

Could you please point to what the current payment limitations are on your website. I went looking for it, but couldn't find anything.

rgds
stu

•••
Epik.com is the absolute best escrow service. Their escrow is 100% free and you only pay 5% of what you take out of your account. I used their services once for a 1k domain sale and it took 24 hours total.

"only 5%" D-:

Epik is good if you stay in their ecosystem. but don't ever forget: it's THEIR ecosystem...

my money is mine if it's on my bank account... and even then I am not so sure.B-)

also, i don't understand how they have the guts to ask $35 on .com renewals. we are not in 2004 and they are not named Network Solutions...

Last edited:
•••
Could you please point to what the current payment limitations are on your website. I went looking for it, but couldn't find anything.

rgds
stu
No any limts for wires (ACH/SWIFT).
Only CC is limited.

•••
also, i don't understand how they have the guts to ask $35 on .com renewals. we are not in 2004 and they are not named Network Solutions...
Launch their LiveChat and ask pricelist for domainers.
And that's all.

p.s. Epik escrow/marketplace is suitable only for Epik domains... and if you use these funds at Epik...
If another scenario - then definitely Payoneer Escrow is the best way.
Or Sedo escrow (3% or min. $60) as secondary option.

Last edited:
•••
Launch their LiveChat and ask pricelist for domainers.
And that's all.

p.s. Epik escrow is suitable only for Epik domains... and if you use these funds at Epik...
If another scenario - then definitely Payoneer Escrow is the best way.
Or Sedo escrow (3% or min. $60) as secondary option.

agree.

btw, i know they can make better prices, but we are in 2018 and this practice of hiding price information is just lame to me and a no-no.

•••
Epik doesn't hide anything...
They offer 3 types of prices: standard, for domainers and very individual.

•••
•••
•••
Get pricelist for domainers or individual prices...
Then login into Epik and open pricelist - and you will see your rates...

•••
I have absolutely another prices on this page.

really? i only see a flat table and this:

"
Register a domain for 3 years and get the 4th year for free, register a domain for 7 years and get the the 8th and 9th year for free
Special discounts apply for Bulk registrations, contact us for more information
"

every Registrar makes a better rate for bulk domains/portfolios if you reach them. Even Network Solutions makes a discount if you say you are leaving...

I guess Epik has thought about this thoroughly and have very intelligent people making this kind of pricing model but I'm a simple guy and like things clear when doing business.

•••
Really.
$8.49 my price per .com renewal.

p.s. Their generic pricelist is for endusers with 1-10 domains.

•••
"only 5%" D-:

Epik is good if you stay in their ecosystem. but don't ever forget: it's THEIR ecosystem...

my money is mine if it's on my bank account... and even then I am not so sure.B-)

You need to request being on Domainer Pricing (Mention NamePros). I don't keep my domains there. So I don't know what they charge us domainers for renewals. Are these also $35? No domainer is going to spend that for renewals. So I'm sure that isn't the price for domainer renewals.

Last edited:
•••
"only 5%" D-:

$35 for renewals???? Where did you get that from??

Before you start making up nonsense, put a domain in your cart and see the renewal rate for your self.

Screenshot_20180628-113445_Chrome.jpg

20180628_114022.jpg

Last edited:
•••
$35 for renewals???? Where did you get that from??

Before you start making up nonsense, put a domain in your cart and see the renewal rate for your self.

unfortunately it is not nonsense, it is a fact.

Registrars started being *obligated* for some time ago to clearly place on their web sites their pricing list.

It's not my fault that Epik opted for an outdated tactic of placing dummy hefty prices in their list. i don't care if they make different pricing if you talk with them. It is a no-no to me this behavior.

The devil is in the details as I learned in the hard way.

•••
Dude. I just signed up the same way I did at godaddy. Man you are dense AF! :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
I believe you did not understood what I have been trying to say...

but we still live in free countries and everyone has the right to make the same mistakes by themselves

•••
I believe you did not understood what I have been trying to say...

but we still live in free countries and everyone has the right to make the same mistakes by themselves

I did not "talk" with them to get a lower renewal fee, as you put it. I just signed up the same way I did at any other registrar.

Anyway... Moving on...

•••
I did not "talk" with them to get a lower renewal fee, as you put it. I just signed up the same way I did at any other registrar.

Anyway... Moving on...

it only shows you are not understanding what I have said.

every Registrar *MUST* publish in their website their price list.

every Registrar has discounts for bulk registrations or portfolio owners with at lest a few hundreds of domains.

what you have with Epik is that they offer about $8,5 .com registration and list you *officially* the renewal at a rate of $35. imagine for instance a client that is interested in buying a domain from you at Epik but then looks at the renewal price. What do you think it *may* happen?

then you go try to register a .com domain at Epik and you are quoted with a renewal at $8,5 if you add years to your registration.

then if you follow the usual route of asking for better rates as a domainer you might even get better prices.

this is too much nonsense and shows a shady and outdated pricing. attention to details is important. it helps you getting out of troubles in the first place.

but this is all a digression. you stated that Epik was great and *only* ask 5% to get YOUR money out of their ecosystem and I commented on that. if you do not get out of their ecosystem you may be subject to additional risks and you have to pay attention to details of their pricing and system, that may affect the perception of your clients and your overall experience as a seller.

Last edited:
•••
As per my view, I see below as alternatives to Escrow.com :

1. @Undeveloped
2. Payoneer Escrow

I have used both of them and am satisfied with their services.

•••
sedo's external transfer service is nice and easy. the only thing i don't like is sending a buyer to sedo's site and possibly them finding another domain.

•••
sedo's external transfer service is nice and easy. the only thing i don't like is sending a buyer to sedo's site and possibly them finding another domain.

right on the spot! i rarely see people stating this.

this is most problematic when one is a buyer of a domain and don't want to get the seller to start thinking that his domain can be more valuable.

•••

rgds
stu
It isn't posted on the site, but here is a summary. When a business is selling to another business or an individual there are no limitations other than a credit card limit of $2000 and a $3000 eCheck limit. When individuals are transacting between each other transactions over $3000 require approval. If you find yourself in a situation requiring approval please reach out to me directly. These guidelines are part of our AML program.

•••
It isn't posted on the site, but here is a summary. When a business is selling to another business or an individual there are no limitations other than a credit card limit of $2000 and a $3000 eCheck limit. When individuals are transacting between each other transactions over $3000 require approval. If you find yourself in a situation requiring approval please reach out to me directly. These guidelines are part of our AML program.

OK. That sound promising. So Wire transfers between individuals or companies or between each other are unlimited, but over $3k require your approvals? Is that correct? What is the criteria for approval?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back