Dynadot

advice Bank Escrow instead of Escrow.com

NameSilo
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
I have a customer asking to do the transaction via thier corprate bank escrow service instead of Escrow.com that they do not trust Escrow.com. Although the amount is not huge.

Is it normal? any advice convince them to take the transaction Escrow.com or maybe dan.com,

Thanks
Amro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
any advice convince them to take the transaction
Just say NO. Bank escrow secures mortgages and property taxation, not domain names and transfers. Suggest Escrow.Domains if they are so neurotic; it's a law firm doing domain escrow. Plus, how can YOU trust their "bank"? Could be a scam.

•••
I would be skeptical of their request.

It's unlikely that a normal bank would offer domain escrow services.

What bank is it?

Brad

•••
I would be skeptical of their request.

It's unlikely that a normal bank would offer domain escrow services.

What bank is it?

Brad
HSBC

•••
I don't understand how a bank is going to offer domain escrow transactions.

What is the process?

Is HSBC going to take the customer's payment, then possession of the domain? It doesn't really make sense.

It sounds like some angle.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

It's irrelevant. Bank escrow is for mortgages and property tax. Not domains
justsayno.png

•••
I have a customer asking to do the transaction via thier corprate bank escrow service instead of Escrow.com that they do not trust Escrow.com. Although the amount is not huge.

Is it normal? any advice convince them to take the transaction Escrow.com or maybe dan.com,

Thanks
Amro
Offer them Afternic or DAN. Only use trusted platforms proficient in domains. It sounds fishy to me. Also to be frank saying they don’t trust Escrow com is a red flag.

•••
Well... HSBC will facilitate a domain escrow, evidently as an affiliate... USING the distrusted services of Escrow.com... lol unless they insist, just go to Escrow.com directly. It's being done by them either way.

So, now it makes sense. Being a corporate account, it may already be set up this way and that's just how they do their domain buying. Just funny to me that they don't trust the underlying service. I'm sure the unnecessary involvement of an additional party (HSBC) will cost more money. Be sure to insist they pay all fees if you agree to this. I would guess the experience from your side will be a typical Escrow.com transaction.

Once you have created an account with Escrow.com, making a transaction with your HSBC bank account through Escrow.com will help you with your basic security needs. You will no longer have to worry about the transparency of your transaction. Through Escrow.com, every time you log on to your account the status updates will let you know exactly where you are in the transaction process.

Contrary to popular belief, it is much safer to conduct your transaction online as everything is documented. There are no paper bills cluttering the transaction and there is an organised tracking method to follow the process of your money.
Source: https://www.escrow.com/accounts/hsbc

Last edited:
•••
Agree so you can hear the next part of the process, might be a new scam. Tell them client agrees, what is the next step. Let us know the next step they suggested.

In general all these escrow requests outside of escrow.com or dan godaddy sedo and so on are scams. They always evolve to make it look better.

•••
Offer them Afternic or DAN. Only use trusted platforms proficient in domains. It sounds fishy to me. Also to be frank saying they don’t trust Escrow com is a red flag.
I agree that statement without providing backup information as to why, like a previous bad transaction makes no sense.

•••
I wouldn't personally go for it. You can try speaking with the bank if you can and see if they facilitate such transactions.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Well... HSBC will facilitate a domain escrow, evidently as an affiliate... USING the distrusted services of Escrow.com... lol unless they insist, just go to Escrow.com directly. It's being done by them either way.

So, now it makes sense. Being a corporate account, it may already be set up this way and that's just how they do their domain buying. Just funny to me that they don't trust the underlying service. I'm sure the unnecessary involvement of an additional party (HSBC) will cost more money. Be sure to insist they pay all fees if you agree to this. I would guess the experience from your side will be a typical Escrow.com transaction.

I noticed this article but I think they do not mean any kind of integration, the purpose of this article just to rank for the keywords "HSBC ESCROW"

•••
I noticed this article
sure you did. And yet you still posted this thread?

the purpose of this article just to rank for the keywords "HSBC ESCROW"
You can't possibly be serious? So Escrow.com wants to be discovered by internet escrow customers seeking info on bank escrow services (paying taxes on mortgages) that it does not provide? Yes, that makes far more sense than HSBC being an affiliate for services it does not otherwise provide. Also please note there are no other such articles suggesting Escrow.com integration with any other banks. Just HSBC.

Yes, Escrow.com wrote the following just to get search results for those amazing keywords "HSBC ESCROW", rather than having integration between your HSBC account and Escrow.com
Making a transaction with your HSBC bank account through Escrow.com is quick and efficient. The process is so simple as you, the buyer just need to pay off your price and let Escrow.com handle everything else, be it shipping, delivery or quality inspection. Once the buyer and seller has agreed on the set price and the terms of the transaction the buyer then completes the transaction and is taken to the ‘Sale Completion’ area. The funds are kept for safekeeping with Escrow.com while the seller completes the transfer process. Once the payment is verified, the seller will deliver the merchandise to the buyer. Escrow.com will verify that the Buyer has received the merchandise. The buyer has time to inspect the product and accept it if they are pleased with the quality. The funds are then released once both parties are satisfied.

No wonder you just can't trust that sneaky ol' Escrow.com!!

(I'm out)

Last edited:
•••
•••
If something sounds 🐠 most of the time it turns out to be true, (although our answer is biased) make use of marketplaces for safe and secure transaction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back