NameSilo

question Alternatives to Escrow.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed today upon logging into my escrow.com account that they are now requiring that all customers provide them with copies of government issued ID's. I'm not interested in trusting these people to securely store documents that could be used to steal my identity especially since they're now a foreign-owned company and also because they no longer seem terribly on the ball. Anyone have experience with some of the alternatives?

I know that snapnames and sedo offer escrow, but I've never tried either of them. Are they any good? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How Epik pricelist looks - depends on who you are and what is your level at Epik.
$8.49 .com RENEWAL!

Last edited:
•••
OK. That sound promising. So Wire transfers between individuals or companies or between each other are unlimited, but over $3k require your approvals? Is that correct? What is the criteria for approval?

I also have the same question.

Another question : Let's say due to any uncertainty or any unexpected scenario, if you are unreachable, so whom should we contact for getting approval?

Under what cases request won't be approved?

Last edited:
•••
When individuals are transacting between each other transactions over $3000 require approval. If you find yourself in a situation requiring approval please reach out to me directly. These guidelines are part of our AML program.

•••
•••
if you are unreachable, so whom should we contact for getting approval?
Then you will get autoresponder with contacts of another representative who is online.

•••
it only shows you are not understanding what I have said.

every Registrar *MUST* publish in their website their price list.

every Registrar has discounts for bulk registrations or portfolio owners with at lest a few hundreds of domains.

what you have with Epik is that they offer about $8,5 .com registration and list you *officially* the renewal at a rate of $35. imagine for instance a client that is interested in buying a domain from you at Epik but then looks at the renewal price. What do you think it *may* happen?

then you go try to register a .com domain at Epik and you are quoted with a renewal at $8,5 if you add years to your registration.

then if you follow the usual route of asking for better rates as a domainer you might even get better prices.

this is too much nonsense and shows a shady and outdated pricing. attention to details is important. it helps you getting out of troubles in the first place.

but this is all a digression. you stated that Epik was great and *only* ask 5% to get YOUR money out of their ecosystem and I commented on that. if you do not get out of their ecosystem you may be subject to additional risks and you have to pay attention to details of their pricing and system, that may affect the perception of your clients and your overall experience as a seller.

Waaay too much to read buddy! Get a life! Good lord! I didn't call to negotiate at renewal rate as you said. Get over it. Not carrying on with you lol...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back