Dynadot

ALPNAMES.COM - WARNING! WILL DELETE YOUR DOMAINS & HIKE PRICES WITHOUT NOTICE.

NameSilo
Watch
As someone who has experience with almost every major registrar out there, I am very unhappy with my AlpNames.com experience. Here's why:

1. They raised their .COM renewal fees from $8.75 to $15.00 with NO warning, NO email, NO reminder or alert. A few days prior I renewed a few domains at $8.75, a couple days later I add expired domains to my cart to renew, they're all set at $15.00 each. Dozens of them.

2. They will DELETE DOMAINS from your account OR CHARGE YOU a $60 Recovery fee, a DAY BEFORE the deadline date they specified in their emails when the domain expired! For example: "You must renew domain before the 3rd or it may be unable to recover!" , Ok fine, then on the 2nd, not the 3rd, they're all deleted or a 60 recovery fee is slapped on them. And I checked time-zones, that had nothing to do with it, they were clear in all time-zones!

3. Slow responses for support. I've contacted their support regarding the price hike, then about the domains being deleted before their due time, going on 4 days still waiting for response on time-sensitive/urgent issue.

4. Lastly, Visa doesn't seem to like this company as they're always blocking payment to them. I had to call my bank several times.

I was introduced to AlpNames because of the transfer promo a couple years ago, without issues which is why I didn't transfer out, $8.75 was reasonable so I paid back the savings to them AND THEM some, renewed my domains (HUNDREDS) for 2+ years with them AFTER promo and was going to again, NOT NOW.

If you have names with AlpNames, again, they hiked .com renewals up from $8.75 to $15.00, so if you have dozens or hundreds of domains to renew and you're not looking for an unpleasant surprise during renewal time, here's your fair warning which they won't give. And they lock your domains so you can't transfer out after expiry date and they may just delete your domains or put them in grace period early. Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OR
wait until all domains will be moved to another registrar by ICANN.

I don't see another solutions for you.
AlpNames Support is dead.

I'm fine with waiting for it to be transferred to whatever provider takes it, but my worry is why disappear? That is my issue.

•••
What TLD?
And post here all Status records from WHOIS + Updated Date...

•••
What TLD?
And post here all Status records from WHOIS + Updated Date...

dot link TLD.

Didn't think to check the updated date. Its Updated Date: 2018-06-22 So almost a year ago for the last update/change which was prob when I renewed it last. I'm guessing that would've changed if something actually changed from Domain lock or deletion?

•••
In Registrant section your data?
And domain actually works, it is resolvable?

•••
In Registrant section your data?
And domain actually works, it is resolvable?

The registrant info is private so no clue.

Yeah its still working and is resolvable 24 hours after this happened. But have no way to change nameservers etc which Is what I was needing to do in a couple of weeks.

•••
One more scenario... like it was already with Afilias TLDs in the past...
UniRegistry has stopped all relations with AlpNames - that's why your .LINK is not manageable anymore.

OR

2nd scenario...
Some synchronization issue between LogicBoxes and .LINK registry.

•••
One more scenario... like it was already with Afilias TLDs in the past...
UniRegistry has stopped all relations with AlpNames - that's why your .LINK is not manageable anymore.

OR

2nd scenario...
Some synchronization issue between LogicBoxes and .LINK registry.

The weird part.

It was visible and showed up perfectly fine. UNTIL I attempted to change the domain lock and then it disappeared from my account as soon as I did that.

•••
Are you sure? It is working fine for me still (just signed in again)
Are you for sure on the startup window changing from reseller to customer so it allows login?
Did you have 2FA configured with Alpnames? I think it may not work if you have that.

I just got back to it from this morning. Yes I was under customer and do not have 2FA enabled. When I just logged in again, the name is no longer showing in the account (list of orders). It states "We could not find any orders."

Checking the whois at whois.com & Epik.com it shows the name as registered to me and still at Alpnames. Status shows it locked ; Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited

It was listed there this morning but not tonight.

I've tried in Chrome and IE

Last edited:
•••
The weird part.

It was visible and showed up perfectly fine. UNTIL I attempted to change the domain lock and then it disappeared from my account as soon as I did that.

My experience exactly. It still resolves to my Efty Lander.

wordina //// .com

•••
So from what I read: your request to disable "Theft Protection" was sent to .LINK registry...
If AlpNames EPP credentials are not valid anymore for UniRegistry - it wasn't processed and finished with error.
Something like that.
100% only LogicBoxes knows.

•••
So from what I read: your request to disable "Theft Protection" was sent to .LINK registry...
If AlpNames EPP credentials are not valid anymore for UniRegistry - it wasn't processed and finished with error.
Something like that.
100% only LogicBoxes knows.

Sounds like thats the issue then. But LogicBoxes have been confused on it the two times I've contacted them today.

•••
I just got back to it from this morning. Yes I was under customer and do not have 2FA enabled. When I just logged in again, the name is no longer showing in the account (list of orders). It states "We could not find any orders."

Checking the whois at whois.com & Epik.com it shows the name as registered to me and still at Alpnames. Status shows it locked ; Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

It was listed there this morning but not tonight.

I've tried in Chrome and IE

I'm guessing It was just a coincidence last night when I went to unlock the domain they started disappearing from peoples accounts.

•••
I'm guessing It was just a coincidence last night when I went to unlock the domain they started disappearing from peoples accounts.

So it's ALL YOUR FAULT! :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

I'm confident the names will be secured by ICANN

•••
I just logged in...
And I see all 6X domains as it was in February... no any changes.
But I don't have any .LINK domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
although my list of names works fine and can begin transfers and its unlocked.. I unlocked mine 1-2 weeks ago.. so those who tried it recently, may ran into issues described.. due ot fact that icann is already imo in middle of preparations to take over names etc... so they may not be allowing transfer out on your own any more now

though that stil I guess doesn't explain why others like me who unlocked earlier can transfer.

imo

•••
As I already said on previous page, I have locked/unlocked one of my domains ~1.5 days ago (and after you) - and without issues, it didn't disappear.

Last edited:
•••
I am so unlucky! I transferred domain names from Alpnames to Namechep, but my domain is always on status waiting.

I recevied 2 email from Alpnames, but It doesn't seem to work for me.

This is an expensive lesson! I want to save 3$ but this is a stupid thing.

•••
I am so unlucky! I transferred domain names from Alpnames to Namechep, but my domain is always on status waiting.

I recevied 2 email from Alpnames, but It doesn't seem to work for me.

I think that there is no response since they have shut down (despite the automated messages we receive). My understanding is that the transfer, assuming you successfully unlocked the domain and retrieved the auth code, should work, but you will have to wait the full 5+ days. Has it been longer than that?

Bob

•••
Did others get an email from PDR today about control of names formerly at Alpnames? At first I thought it meant that they had been chosen as the bulk transfer registrarby ICANN but a careful read shows that ICANN has not and they are only talking about "some of those (names I have at Alpnames) are provisioned through PDR a a sponsoring registrar". I had no idea that some were done that way, and don't know which of mine will be through them.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Bob

•••
I didn't receive such email from PDR.
Probably, because my role is Reseller... so it will be processed later, I guess...

•••
My email came about 2 hr ago. The only extensions I have/had at Alpnames were some .top and .gdn. I had always bought them direct through Alpnames so I am a bit confused. The email says that they are setting up PDR accounts and a further email will be sent after that. I checked a few of mine to see if Alpnames is still listed as the registrar and it was (I checked both a .top and a .gdn). It is all somewhat confusing. I have never used PDR, at least knowingly, as a registrar.

Bob

ps It is interesting that even after ICANN announced the decreditation of Alpnames as an ICANN approved registrar I still get automated messages from Alpnames support re forthcoming expiry.

Last edited:
•••
PDR/Endurance was always targeted on resellers via ResellerClub...
You will not see any difference... the same LogicBoxes.

I also have .TOPs with AlpNames... but still no any emails from PDR.

Last edited:
•••
Just URL to log in will be changed + Registrar record in WHOIS.

•••
I believe PDR (public domain registry) used to be the controlling entity of Alpnames, till about a year and a half ago Alpnames broke away and get their own IANA ID.

You would have seen on a whois check on one of your names from Alpnames, under the registrar info, "public domains registry" rather than "alpnames" and with a different IANA id, back then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back