Epik Escrow

ALPNAMES.COM - WARNING! WILL DELETE YOUR DOMAINS & HIKE PRICES WITHOUT NOTICE.

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews started by tomcarl, Mar 5, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Really really big thx to @jorgeug for the link, can confirm works perfect, full access to domains (as customer login). Have unlocked, and in process of transferring remaining names out. With only a handful left, don't care to see the aftermath of all this.

@Bob Hawkes just fyi, your link to this thread from the article on your site is broke..

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

3. Rob Monster

4. alcy

alcy Top Member VIP

I wonder what the delays are usually.

so if I understand things correctly, icann will apoint one singular gaining registrar for all names and registrants? or multiple gaining registrars?

I think we better act quick to transfer out our names where we want.. while we can.. cause what if situation arises where icann forces gaining registrar to be somehting where transfer .com or other tld rates are much higher than averages? such registrars do exist.

i better get to work on my 25 names asap. man what a mess it can be dealing with little known registrars in some exotic places...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  5. Rob Monster

Considering that there was an ICANN meeting going on, and that the site went offline just 3 days ago, I think ICANN did a reasonable job here. They have a fiduciary requirement to reach out to the registrar admin contact which of course took time since nobody was reachable. They are aware that there are many expired domains involved and I imagine @Andee Hill will fast-track some kind of transition plan. Epik has offered to take action and migrate through the weekend if selected.

6. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Top Member VIP

Relax, no need to panic, you will not be charged for the current year, which you had paid for at AlpNames. You can transfer your names out at your convenience (before the current reg year runs out, that is). The gaining registrar has to agree to this and may even sweeten the pot and offer "refugees" a special promo to keep the domains with them :xf.wink:
    Good job positioning Epik for this (y)

7. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

On Wednesday 6 I realized that I was not allowed to renew and did not answer my calls or messages.

I requested the transfer on: 2019-03-11 and it was completed on 2019-03-11 ".party .download" the and ".com" a day later

I had left four domains then I ordered transfer on 2019-03-11 and I do not think I have a problem.

We must choose the registrars well Epik is a good option, because we can contact the CEO, other companies do not even know who the owner is and we can not contact.

8. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Good news given the bad situation, at least everyone will have a chance to save their domains now.

9. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

icann.org/news/announcement-2-2019-03-15-en

10. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

LOS ANGELES – 15 March 2019 – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") today announced it has terminated the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) with registrar Alpnames Limited (IANA #1857), effective immediately.

The RAA was terminated after the ICANN organization determined that Alpnames was no longer performing required registrar functions as specified in the agreement. These functions include allowing existing registrants to renew domain name registrations and processing new registrations.

ICANN org has invoked the De-Accredited Registrar Transition Procedure (DARTP) to enable the successful transition of the names to an ICANN-accredited registrar and protect registrants. Once the gaining registrar is identified and confirmed, it will be listed on the Bulk Transfers page.

The time required to complete the transfer process varies by the number of registrations with the terminated registrar. ICANN org will work to facilitate the transfer of registrations to the gaining registrar as expeditiously as possible. Once the transfer of registrations has been completed, the new registrar will contact registrants with information on how to access and maintain their domain name registrations.

All domain name registrants are encouraged to visit this page for important information about managing their domain names.

About ICANN
    ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.

11. alcy

alcy Top Member VIP

hahah ok
    I think I misunderstood the process lol
    I thought people are paying to tranafer out to the new registrar

12. Jv1999

Jv1999 New Adventures: Squire of the Exo-Tower VIP

any updates?

13. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

It is a slow processing can take a few days. They have to see the legal terms.

14. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

Link works very well, I have started transfer of several of my names to another place few minutes ago without any problem.
    Thanks for sharing this great workaround :)

15. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Every LB registrar has such link *.myorderbox.com

16. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

I was a ResellerClub reseller and since I knew how it works, I started looking for the link and found it and published it here.

17. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

AlpNames is a ResellerClub reseller and apart from that it was an accredited ICANN registrar.

To transfer an email accounts I had to delete them in AlpNames and buy them in ResellerClub.

18. Jurgen Wolf

ResellerClub is not a registrar...
    This is just another brand of Directi/PDR.
    They use their own LogicBoxes.com panel... This panel is also offered as separate product for the accredited registrars.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  19. Jurgen Wolf

Correction...
    Just rechecked https://www.directi.com/about-us.html
    Jan'2014 - Sold 4 business units (BigRock, Logicboxes, Webhosting.info, ResellerClub) to Endurance International Group.

20. Jurgen Wolf

The easiest way for ICANN is to move them all to PDR (PublicDomainRegistry.com/Endurance)...
    This doesn't require any significant changes... just WHOIS will be updated.

21. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

Dear Iain Roache: Please be advised that as of 15 March 2019, Alpnames Limited’s (“Alpnames”) 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) dated 13 August 2014 (“RAA”) is terminated pursuant to Section 5.5.8 (vi) of the RAA. The termination shall become effective immediately, on 15 March 2019. The termination is due to Alpnames’ discontinuance of its operations. Based on the information available to ICANN, including multiple third party complaints, Alpnames is no longer providing Registrar Services in violation of Section 3.1 of the RAA, including not providing registrants the ability to renew or transfer domain name registrations. Alpnames’ website also recently became unavailable and its contact information in both ICANN’s RADAR system and the Registrar Information Specification is out of date and fails to reach any registrar representative. Alpnames has also failed to respond to ICANN Contractual Compliance’s notices regarding this matter. Please see the chronology below for additional details.Alpnames is further advised that the logo license granted in the Logo License Specification to the RAA is revoked as of 15 March 2019. Please remove all ICANN trademarks, name and logo from Alpnames’ website and business materials that have been licensed to Alpnames under the terms of that Specification by 15 March 2019. Domain Name Transition Process To protect domain name registrants, ICANN will commence the domain name transition process and will solicit bids for a qualified ICANN-accredited registrar to manage the domain names currently managed by Alpnames. ICANN will follow the De-Accredited Registrar Transition Procedure (“Procedure”). | 2 ICANN reserves all its rights under the RAA. Please note the rights and obligations required to have effect after the expiration of the RAA, including but not limited to Sections 3.4 Retention of Registered Name Holder and Registration Data, 3.9 Accreditation Fees, 5.8 Resolution of Disputes Under this Agreement, and 5.9 Limitations on Monetary Remedies for Violations of this Agreement. Alpnames has current and past due accreditation fees. These fees are required to be paid to ICANN by Section 3.9 of the RAA. Please immediately submit payment to ICANN Accounting.

22. jorgeug

jorgeug New Member

Chronology:
    • Date of Notice 7-Mar-2019 Deadline for Response 14-Mar-2019 ICANN sent 1st compliance notice via email to ir/@/alpnames.com. No response received from Registrar
    • Date of Notice 9-Mar-2019 Deadline for Response 14-Mar-2019 Based on the risk to registrants from Registrar no longer providing Registrar Services, ICANN advanced 1st notice to Escalated Notice, sent via email to ir/@/alpanmes.com. No response received from Registrar.
    • Date of Notice 9-Mar-2019 Deadline for Response N/A ICANN sent Escalated Notice via fax +35021628886. Fax unsuccessful.
    • Date of Notice 11-Mar-2019 Deadline for Response N/A ICANN called Primary Contact at +442038906840 and left voicemail with complaint details. ICANN called Registrar Representative at [NUMBER REDACTED] and +35021628886. No ability to speak with Registrar Representative or to leave a message.
    • Date of Notice 15-Mar-2019 Deadline for Response N/A To date, the Registrar has not responded to ICANN with the requested information and documentation and the issue remains unresolved.

23. hemirate

hemirate Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

At the end can we know who is the person responsible or the latest CEO who run AlpNames?

24. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

The WordBox work around seems to no longer be working. I just tried to unlock the name (disable theft protection) and it would not let me, saying, "This action requires the order to be Active"

Could that be a lock down by ICANN as they begin their processes?

I have only one name remaining at Alps, but want to keep it. I have an August renewal so I should be fine.

25. Jurgen Wolf

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: