IT.COM

WARNING: Sav.com will scam you.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
Just a warming to those of you who are registering or thinking about regging at Sav.com. Their bulk editer for their domains doesn't work and hasn't worked since I started using them over a year ago. But it fools you into thinking it does. This is how they get you when you bulk edit auto-renewals. It doesn't work so you end up renewing many domains you didn't in tend on and they won't reply to your emails for over a week and when they do reply its a "how can I help you kind of message and you have to wait another 7+ days for the next reply.

If you need to do anything with your domains in bulk you can't with Sav. This is how they discourage mass transfers out of their service and you can't turn off auto renew on many domains at once. You have to go into the features page for every domain to turn off auto-renewals.

This is scammy and you can't find a more unprofessional place to domain invest. All time worst. Don't bother.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our system does not accept tickets via email so while we would love to answer them, we can not. Please login to your Sav account and click the Help button. We will also work on making that email more clear to prevent any confusion in the future.

•••
Our system does not accept tickets via email so while we would love to answer them, we can not. Please login to your Sav account and click the Help button. We will also work on making that email more clear to prevent any confusion in the future.
Well then why don't you guys allow communications by email? Many companies have tickets created by email.

Last edited:
•••
I've been using NameCheap for over 10 years and have never had ANY complaint.
You get a response and instant help in their online chat box 24-7, I'm in contact with someone to help in under a minute.

Also, they even let me have a refund on a domain simply because I found one similar that I liked more, they said it was okay since I contacted them within 24hrs on the purchase.

I love NameCheap, prices aren't AS good as sav but they're still really good imo especially if you find value in receiving fast support.

•••
I've been using NameCheap for over 10 years and have never had ANY complaint.
You get a response and instant help in their online chat box 24-7, I'm in contact with someone to help in under a minute.

Also, they even let me have a refund on a domain simply because I found one similar that I liked more, they said it was okay since I contacted them within 24hrs on the purchase.

I love NameCheap, prices aren't AS good as sav but they're still really good imo especially if you find value in receiving fast support.
The one downside about NameCheap is that they make you jump through hoops in order to transfer expired domains with them.

•••
Sav has been one of the best registrars, yeah the UI needs a lot of work but in terms of price and reliability, it's way above many.

•••
Sav has been one of the best registrars, yeah the UI needs a lot of work but in terms of price and reliability, it's way above many.
It almost feels like my domain is in a purgatory state. I processed a transfer on the 13th where I expedited the transfer and here we are on the 24th still without the domain in my Sav account even though the ETA was on the 20th (and that's if I hadn't expedited the transfer, except I did). At first Sav was quick to throw the blame on the outgoing registrar but WHOIS mentions that the domain has been with Sav ever since I expedited the transfer. I can't say I experienced reliability here. Sav told me on Thursday that they would look into it. Awaiting their response.

*UPDATE: Domain has finally arrived in my account.
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 12.03.35 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sav.com already scammed me by taking an unauthorized transaction on my card for placing a bid on a name and up till now I have not been refunded or heard from support.

•••
Your system is trash..You guys just do things your way and make sure it’s terrible for users..so many negative reviews from people that just want to enjoy your services.. Sav.com is the worst platform I have ever used in my life and I’m still disappointed at myself for trying sav.com after so many negative reviews

•••
Sav.com is an incomplete registrar no wonder the domain doesn’t complete “save” .. because you can never be safe using sav. Their team and support guarantees that. I will never advise someone to use sav.com unless im not human.

•••
Hello @Alex Solomon . What you are most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.19.34 AM.png

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.

•••
Hello @Alex Solomon . What you are most likely describing is a pre-authorization on their credit card. We do this to ensure new bidders have the funds available to pay for their bid should they win. The minute a bidder is outbid, we remove the pre-auth. With PayPal this reflects in your account immediately. With CC, it can take a few business days. We do try to make this process very clear by adding this notice on every bid confirmation screen:

Show attachment 213520

We try to work hard to make Sav's policies very clear and transparent and will continue to see how we can make this even more clear in the future.
Go to hell with your stupid policies I just want my money back

•••
Just a warming to those of you who are registering or thinking about regging at Sav.com. Their bulk editer for their domains doesn't work and hasn't worked since I started using them over a year ago. But it fools you into thinking it does. This is how they get you when you bulk edit auto-renewals. It doesn't work so you end up renewing many domains you didn't in tend on and they won't reply to your emails for over a week and when they do reply its a "how can I help you kind of message and you have to wait another 7+ days for the next reply.

If you need to do anything with your domains in bulk you can't with Sav. This is how they discourage mass transfers out of their service and you can't turn off auto renew on many domains at once. You have to go into the features page for every domain to turn off auto-renewals.

This is scammy and you can't find a more unprofessional place to domain invest. All time worst. Don't bother.
I just checked and bulk edit of auto renew is now possible.

Last edited:
•••
Sav is grossly incompetent at pretty much everything they do, from technical issues to customer support.

They intentionally built their backend not to notify the registrant about domain expiration beyond the "7 days before expiration" point. No 1-day notice, not a single email upon expiration, grace period, auction, redemption... nothing. For 2 years their reps lied to us and said they sent notices 1 day before expiration and that it was getting caught in our junk filter. But today, they finally came out and admitted that they don't send those notices and don't plan on doing it "because they don't have to."

We were forced to bid in their auction for our own domain because these clowns made us think that we would get an email when the domain expires. Stay the hell away!

Last edited:
•••
Sav just as bad as Epik. Avoid both at all costs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back