IT.COM

ALPNAMES.COM - WARNING! WILL DELETE YOUR DOMAINS & HIKE PRICES WITHOUT NOTICE.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As someone who has experience with almost every major registrar out there, I am very unhappy with my AlpNames.com experience. Here's why:

1. They raised their .COM renewal fees from $8.75 to $15.00 with NO warning, NO email, NO reminder or alert. A few days prior I renewed a few domains at $8.75, a couple days later I add expired domains to my cart to renew, they're all set at $15.00 each. Dozens of them.

2. They will DELETE DOMAINS from your account OR CHARGE YOU a $60 Recovery fee, a DAY BEFORE the deadline date they specified in their emails when the domain expired! For example: "You must renew domain before the 3rd or it may be unable to recover!" , Ok fine, then on the 2nd, not the 3rd, they're all deleted or a 60 recovery fee is slapped on them. And I checked time-zones, that had nothing to do with it, they were clear in all time-zones!

3. Slow responses for support. I've contacted their support regarding the price hike, then about the domains being deleted before their due time, going on 4 days still waiting for response on time-sensitive/urgent issue.

4. Lastly, Visa doesn't seem to like this company as they're always blocking payment to them. I had to call my bank several times.

I was introduced to AlpNames because of the transfer promo a couple years ago, without issues which is why I didn't transfer out, $8.75 was reasonable so I paid back the savings to them AND THEM some, renewed my domains (HUNDREDS) for 2+ years with them AFTER promo and was going to again, NOT NOW.

If you have names with AlpNames, again, they hiked .com renewals up from $8.75 to $15.00, so if you have dozens or hundreds of domains to renew and you're not looking for an unpleasant surprise during renewal time, here's your fair warning which they won't give. And they lock your domains so you can't transfer out after expiry date and they may just delete your domains or put them in grace period early. Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From past experience with EstDomains - termination takes 2-3 weeks...

•••
I previously had success with the orderbox workaround, and names that I previously unlocked are still unlocked. However, every time I try to unlock one now it fails.

I am still able to get Auth Code and I think otherwise manage (like DNS) through the interface, but they seemed to have made unlocking not possible.

Does anyone have an idea of how long until we likely hear the details re the ICANN Bulk Transfer/

Bob

i think no one knows when this will happen.
which does not mean we can't speculate...

however, what exactly does happen if your names expire before icann handles this?? since we can't renew them on alpnames. or can we?

•••
ALL these automated messages are from LogicBoxes.
AlpNames itself is DEAD.

Last edited:
•••
Received all names to my new registrar on 20th.

I had put transfer request in before official notice came from ICANN of Alpnames shutdown.

Had to modify and customize the auth codes though as my winning registrar gave me immediate notice that the default auth codes were invalid.

Was interesting though, throughout the 5 day transfer period, and after the Alpnames official shutdown, kept receiving emails from Alpnames to "click here" to cancel request, even right up until the 5th day.

•••
Thanks for the information @HotKey . So if I transfer out one I have unlocked I need to change the AuthCode and that is still possible with LogicB interface?
Bob

•••
wow that would be weird... all the codes alpnames was showing are invalid ??? so wrong.

•••
Received all names to my new registrar on 20th.

I had put transfer request in before official notice came from ICANN of Alpnames shutdown.

Had to modify and customize the auth codes though as my winning registrar gave me immediate notice that the default auth codes were invalid.

Was interesting though, throughout the 5 day transfer period, and after the Alpnames official shutdown, kept receiving emails from Alpnames to "click here" to cancel request, even right up until the 5th day.
What NEW/winning registrar?
PDR?
It is just parent level, because AlpNames is their reseller.
The gaining registrar for PURE AlpNames domains is still unknown... and this process is pending...

And all emails (as was already said many times above) are sent by LogicBoxes...
With registrar/reseller's email address in the From: field. This is how LB works.

Last edited:
•••
I need to change the AuthCode and that is still possible with LogicB interface?
I tried to change AUTH code for some .TOP (PURE AlpNames) and my request wasn't processed even after ~24h. So I cancelled it.

•••
Thanks for the information @HotKey . So if I transfer out one I have unlocked I need to change the AuthCode and that is still possible with LogicB interface?
Bob
Not sure if it's still possible anymore, because I'd imagine all remaining domains left at Alp are in some sort of migration period. So I'd just wait to see who they end up with, and go from there.

What NEW/winning registrar?
PDR?
It was just a regular transfer out, initiated by me. To Porkbun. Auth code changes were processed immediately with LB, no issues. But it was all done hours before official shutdown announcement.

And all emails (as was already said many times above) are sent by LogicBoxes...
With registrar/reseller's email address in the From: field. This is how LB works.
Thanks

•••
Started the domain transfer, turn off protection, the system responded with an error and the domain disappeared from my account. What I need to do?
Alpnames

support died, and my domain ll expired soon! Sorry for bad English and help me
please!

•••
I transferred "alpnames to resellerclub" yesterday
I just know the news and My domain is missing from the alpnames panel.
And whois became nothing I just wait. Is it okay? I'm worried because my domain expires today.

After unlocking and moving the domain I received this letter Then the domain disappeared from
My domain is missing from the alpnames panel.

Subject : Transfer Request for .com Stalled
The Request for Transfer alongwith 1 year Renewal of .com through () has been stalled. This is due to the existence of a Lock on this Domain Name at the Current Registrar . Please have the Lock removed or ask the Current Registrar to do so. You are left with 7.0 days to unlock the Domain Name after which the Transfer Request will automatically fail. Once the Lock has been removed, open up the relevant Domain Transfer Request email for .com already sent to you and follow the procedure again.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I sent to logicboxes, but he told me to wait for ICANN to find a solution.
But now my domain has expired And can it be fixed as soon as I can renew and renew? Who has some solution?

•••
But now my domain has expired And can it be fixed as soon as I can renew and renew? Who has some solution?

I recommend that you communicate to ICANN
icann.org/resources/pages/customer-support-2015-06-22-en

•••
Here???
Nobody.

•••
•••
then what's next? when we will get username & password to manage our domain?

•••
•••
My domain is missing from His management alpnames panel Will remain in the alpnames panel?

•••
•••
As you may be aware ICANN has made the decision to de-accredit Alpnames as a registrar and today announced that it has awarded the names to the CentralNIC Registrar Group, with the domains to be split between three of its ICANN accredited Registrars – Key-Systems GmBH, Key-Systems LLC and Moniker Online Services, LLC.

ICANN announced us as the gaining registrars here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/bulk-transfers-2017-10-06-en and ICANN's transfer procedures are described here: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/dartp-11jul13-en.pdf

We were informed of this decision earlier today and are now in the process of creating accounts at www.moniker.com for all Alpnames customers. The process will be completed as soon as possible.

Part of the process is arranging the transfer of the names into our management. Please be assured that we are working closely with the relevant domain registries to restore access to the domains as quickly as possible. We ask customers for their patience as we complete this process, we will only be creating the customer accounts once the domains have been transferred. Customers that own ccTLDs with Alpnames and require assistance in accessing and transferring these names please get in contact.

We will email customers asap with information on how to access their account at www.moniker.com, where all domains previously managed via Alpnames will be migrated.

A dedicated email address, [email protected] has been set up, where our support team can assist customers. Our team will also be present on forums and blogs to answer questions.

Thanks!

Key-Systems and Moniker

•••
Will you also create accounts at moniker for alpnames users with no domains left at alpnames?

•••
And the domain that the transaction has moved out But is missing from the system of alpnames panel, will it move as well?

•••
Will you also create accounts at moniker for alpnames users with no domains left at alpnames?

No we won't. We will only be given the domain data so will need to create accounts based on this.

•••
And the domain that the transaction has moved out But is missing from the system of alpnames panel, will it move as well?

Do you mean domains that have transferred away from Alpnames? We will not transfer these even if they are in the account panel at Alpnames. Our source of data is the ICANN escrow deposit which only contains the information you would find in the WHOIS and only domains which were under management at time the data was escrowed. (It would have been escrowed on a weekly basis)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back