IT.COM

ALPNAMES.COM - WARNING! WILL DELETE YOUR DOMAINS & HIKE PRICES WITHOUT NOTICE.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As someone who has experience with almost every major registrar out there, I am very unhappy with my AlpNames.com experience. Here's why:

1. They raised their .COM renewal fees from $8.75 to $15.00 with NO warning, NO email, NO reminder or alert. A few days prior I renewed a few domains at $8.75, a couple days later I add expired domains to my cart to renew, they're all set at $15.00 each. Dozens of them.

2. They will DELETE DOMAINS from your account OR CHARGE YOU a $60 Recovery fee, a DAY BEFORE the deadline date they specified in their emails when the domain expired! For example: "You must renew domain before the 3rd or it may be unable to recover!" , Ok fine, then on the 2nd, not the 3rd, they're all deleted or a 60 recovery fee is slapped on them. And I checked time-zones, that had nothing to do with it, they were clear in all time-zones!

3. Slow responses for support. I've contacted their support regarding the price hike, then about the domains being deleted before their due time, going on 4 days still waiting for response on time-sensitive/urgent issue.

4. Lastly, Visa doesn't seem to like this company as they're always blocking payment to them. I had to call my bank several times.

I was introduced to AlpNames because of the transfer promo a couple years ago, without issues which is why I didn't transfer out, $8.75 was reasonable so I paid back the savings to them AND THEM some, renewed my domains (HUNDREDS) for 2+ years with them AFTER promo and was going to again, NOT NOW.

If you have names with AlpNames, again, they hiked .com renewals up from $8.75 to $15.00, so if you have dozens or hundreds of domains to renew and you're not looking for an unpleasant surprise during renewal time, here's your fair warning which they won't give. And they lock your domains so you can't transfer out after expiry date and they may just delete your domains or put them in grace period early. Enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just locked/unlocked one of my domains again (Expiration on Monday).
It works, no problems.

•••
The WordBox work around seems to no longer be working. I just tried to unlock the name (disable theft protection) and it would not let me, saying, "This action requires the order to be Active"

Could that be a lock down by ICANN as they begin their processes?

I have only one name remaining at Alps, but want to keep it. I have an August renewal so I should be fine.

Are you sure? It is working fine for me still (just signed in again)
Are you for sure on the startup window changing from reseller to customer so it allows login?
Did you have 2FA configured with Alpnames? I think it may not work if you have that.

Bob

•••
I noticed this last night when I needed to make some nameserver changes... Well I found the link posted here was able to login. I Got my auth code, and unlocked the domain. Then it disappeared!!! When trying to view domains in my account I get "We could not find any orders." And when I try to transfer with several providers they say its locked even though I unlocked it. But now I have ZERO management of my domain its completely gone..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

•••
I noticed this last night when I needed to make some nameserver changes... Well I found the link posted here was able to login. I Got my auth code, and unlocked the domain. Then it disappeared!!! When trying to view domains in my account I get "We could not find any orders." And when I try to transfer with several providers they say its locked even though I unlocked it. But now I have ZERO management of my domain its completely gone..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

just checked all working here

try maybe another browser or clear cache or incognito?

•••
Doesnt
just checked all working here

try maybe another browser or clear cache or incognito?

Does not work. I went into my history with the direct link to the portal/that exact domain and get this error:
"
t5] Error
Website doesn't exist for xxxxxxx (x'd out my account number)
If you do not understand the error message above, please create a support request.

•••
•••
Just went under orders and it shows invoice etc, I clicked view and seen this

Current Status Deleted

Excuse me!?

•••
all good here
gl

Yeah I'm able to login and last night was able to unlock and get my auth code, but within a min of doing that it disappeared. This is a important domain name. My business revolves around it. Still able to login, but shows I have no domains..

On the same page that I can view order history I can still obtain my auth code, but whenever I click to change the lock status it says "Sorry, but the page you are looking for has not been found." But it also shows current status as "deleted" But still not expiring until July

Last edited:
•••
try whois on it
then if u got code begin transfr elsewhere

•••
try whois on it
then if u got code begin transfr elsewhere

whois still shows alpnames, but cant transfer it if its Locked. Which it still shows up as locked to other providers.

Namesilo, Namecheap, and Porkbun report it as being "locked" "domain status does not allow transfer" But I unlocked it right before it disappeared and theres no way to unlock it now as it doesnt show up in my account.

Last edited:
•••
u wrote u got code + unlocked it last nite

•••
Yes.
Registerfly is the most famous example.

Holy cow. What a blast from the past. I totally forgot about Registerfly. They were the first registrar I ever used and I had quite a few regs there before I started having problems and moved out of there. Looking back at one of my old sites in wayback machine, that must've been 2002-ish. lol

•••
@HPad You need to unlock the domain then request code and leave it unlocked for new registrar to verify info. I have an expired that I cannot move or renew, however I was able to initiate transfers, I got response emails from alpnames and will update the outcome on Monday.

•••
@HPad You need to unlock the domain then request code and leave it unlocked for new registrar to verify info. I have an expired that I cannot move or renew, however I was able to initiate transfers, I got response emails from alpnames and will update the outcome on Monday.

How am I supposed to unlock it, if the domain has disappeared from my account? I already unlocked it last night and right after I did that it disappeared completely from my account under domain list it says "no orders" If I go to transaction history it shows where I paid etc, and it shows Theft Protection "enabled" When I click edit it opens a page saying "404 Error "Sorry, but the page you are looking for has not been found." "

•••
@HPad

When you go to whois somewhere else what does it show as the status of your domain? I unlocked some and they show this way when I check the whois:
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-28(I dedacted the time)
Sponsoring Registrar: AlpNames Limited
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1857
Domain Status: ok http://www.icann.org/epp#ok

I also tried one that had been registered within 60 day and even though I unlocked it it shows as it can't be transferred. i.e. I get this
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited

Do you mean you get an epp#ok but when you try to transfer the other registrar say there is a problem? I have not yet actually tried a transfer but I think others have successfully done so. My understanding is that due to Alpnames not being able to release it will have to wait the full 5 day period for it to transfer.

Or does it think yours is still locked despite you unlocking it?

I am sure this is stressful, and really hope it works out for you. Perhaps you could try contacting the ICANN contact that Rob posted earlier in this thread to see if she can help in any way where it is critical to your business?

Bob

•••
@HPad

When you go to whois somewhere else what does it show as the status of your domain? I unlocked some and they show this way when I check the whois:
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-28(I dedacted the time)
Sponsoring Registrar: AlpNames Limited
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1857
Domain Status:

I also tried one that had been registered within 60 day and even though I unlocked it it shows as it can't be transferred. i.e. I get this
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

Do you mean you get an epp#ok but when you try to transfer the other registrar say there is a problem? I have not yet actually tried a transfer but I think others have successfully done so. My understanding is that due to Alpnames not being able to release it will have to wait the full 5 day period for it to transfer.

Or does it think yours is still locked despite you unlocking it?

I am sure this is stressful, and really hope it works out for you. Perhaps you could try contacting the ICANN contact that Rob posted earlier in this thread to see if she can help in any way where it is critical to your business?

Bob

Thanks,

Under my whois it shows

"Status
Domain Status:clientTransferProhibited"

Odd part is every thing seemed normal in my account with that one domain name, but the moment I "unlocked it" Which it never did it completely disappeared from the account. I don't think it ever actually unlocked. As I can view "transaction history" which is the only place I see that domain existing in this account and it states its still locked as well, but clicking edit brings me to a 404 page.

•••
Thanks,

Under my whois it shows

"Status
Domain Status:clientTransferProhibited"

Odd part is every thing seemed normal in my account with that one domain name, but the moment I "unlocked it" Which it never did it completely disappeared from the account. I don't think it ever actually unlocked. As I can view "transaction history" which is the only place I see that domain existing in this account and it states its still locked as well, but clicking edit brings me to a 404 page.

not sure what will happen
but u can always try go to bulk theft protection
then enter the name here.. maybe it'll work

https://apal516804.myorderbox.com/servlet/BulkActionServlet?type=theftprotectionenable

if not you can try to play around with some other options?
heck you can even try to use bulk move option to try move it maybe to someone here.. see if they can receive name.. and then transfer it for u

if its a name u really wanna keep then I'd look round some options.

•••
not sure what will happen
but u can always try go to bulk theft protection
then enter the name here.. maybe it'll work

if not you can try to play around with some other options?
heck you can even try to use bulk move option to try move it maybe to someone here.. see if they can receive name.. and then transfer it for u

if its a name u really wanna keep then I'd look round some options.

Thanks Thats a good idea! But got this error for both entering domain and my order number
"Your Bulk Theft Protection action could not be processed since 1 Order(s) were not found in your Account. "

Yeah cant loose the name.

•••
i have no idea why your domain woudl disappear. obviously whois says its stil there

when does it expire?

many here inclluding me did stuff like get code and unlock and worked fine for all

•••
If it is with status "Locked" in transaction history - this means that something is wrong with its purchase... this order wasn't finished successfully... that's why it is stuck and not manageable.
Sometimes this happens with LogicBoxes.

Last edited:
•••
i have no idea why your domain woudl disappear. obviously whois says its stil there

when does it expire?

many here inclluding me did stuff like get code and unlock and worked fine for all

July 1st 2019.

I got the auth code just fine the first time around (can still get it under invoice/order history) But domain lock never unlocked, and thats when it disappeared. No help from LogicBoxes either other than submitting a higher up ticket.

•••
If it is with status "Locked" in transaction history - this means that something is wrong with its purchase... this order wasn't finished successfully... that's why it is stuck and not manageable.
Sometimes this happens with LogicBoxes.

It was purchased several years ago, and renewed back in June of last year. So its not a billing or order issue..

•••
The domain order can be LOCKED at any time by LogicBoxes.
For example - due to abuse.

Please don't mix "Locked order/domain" and "Theft protection" (Transfer lock).
With LogicBoxes these terms/functions are completely different.

•••
Found this under the order # under current actions:

It shows where I went to disable theft protection last night and shows this:

Action Type Disable Theft Protection
Action Status Failed Due to Authorization Error

•••
https://www.logicboxes.com/support/
OR
wait until all domains will be moved to another registrar by ICANN.

I don't see another solutions for you.
AlpNames Support is dead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back