IT.COM

news All Chinese premium LLLL.net were registered.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
About one hour ago, all Chinese premium LLLL.net were registered.

No single Chinese premium LLLL.net is left...
I am checking it again.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's in your hookuh? And I hope you'll share.

::Lights the pipe of clarity::

The LLLL.com price appreciation has been absurd to watch; I think most would agree:
  • Over the past year, according to LLLLSales.com, the base price (fifth percentile -- the bottom of the barrel) of Chinese premium LLLL.com's has grown from $60 to $335.50.
  • That's a 460% rise, or more than a quintupling.
  • If we go back another 6 months to mid-February 2014, Chinese LLLL.com had a base price of only $32.
  • That is a 950% rise in a year-and-a-half.
  • In the stock market, that's called a 10-bagger!
But everyone already knows that LLLL.com have had a meteoric rise.
  • I have heard that in China, .net has some cachet after .com and .cn. This gives me some comfort that .net is not irrelevant to our ultimate market of note.
  • Go to 4.cn and see what's on the front page. Right now there are about 60 .com's, 20 .cn's, and 2 .net's... .Net is in the ballgame -- good enough for me. The Chinese have enough comfort with it to buy 'em and use 'em.
Asset prices which are fueled by Chinese demand have been rocketing much faster and higher than in the "Western" world. A positive feedback situation develops, creating absurd (or maybe logical) value appreciation like we have seen in "junky" Chinese premium LLLL.com's over the past 18 months.

And behind that is the real situation that much wealth has been created in China over the recent past. And in the case of domains, they may even be satisfying a second motive to hide or expatriate wealth outside of the grip of the Communist Party.

I like following big players. In racing, that's called drafting. When those last 30,000 LLLL.net's were bought by some Chinese entity -- all in one day -- I believe that was noteworthy. A lot of forces can come together to make these things go up in price.

The $40 to $50 number is a felt thing, not based on math or statistics. It's informed by the basic situation I just described. I could even see $100.

I feel like these things are gonna become valuable. I have been paying up if need be in order to get better letters. I have been loading up, too, on the less-loved Chinese premiums at reg-fee.

It was easier to register the drops a week ago than it is now. If you can even notice something like that over the span of only a week, then the trend is moving in a big way.

So that is my thinking on the current state of LLLL.net (Chinese premium).

•••
Good One Nat Hunt. Appreciate it.
::Lights the pipe of clarity::

The LLLL.com price appreciation has been absurd to watch; I think most would agree:
  • Over the past year, according to LLLLSales.com, the base price (fifth percentile -- the bottom of the barrel) of Chinese premium LLLL.com's has grown from $60 to $335.50.
  • That's a 460% rise, or more than a quintupling.
  • If we go back another 6 months to mid-February 2014, Chinese LLLL.com had a base price of only $32.
  • That is a 950% rise in a year-and-a-half.
  • In the stock market, that's called a 10-bagger!
But everyone already knows that LLLL.com have had a meteoric rise.
  • I have heard that in China, .net has some cachet after .com and .cn. This gives me some comfort that .net is not irrelevant to our ultimate market of note.
  • Go to 4.cn and see what's on the front page. Right now there are about 60 .com's, 20 .cn's, and 2 .net's... .Net is in the ballgame -- good enough for me. The Chinese have enough comfort with it to buy 'em and use 'em.
Asset prices which are fueled by Chinese demand have been rocketing much faster and higher than in the "Western" world. A positive feedback situation develops, creating absurd (or maybe logical) value appreciation like we have seen in "junky" Chinese premium LLLL.com's over the past 18 months.

And behind that is the real situation that much wealth has been created in China over the recent past. And in the case of domains, they may even be satisfying a second motive to hide or expatriate wealth outside of the grip of the Communist Party.

I like following big players. In racing, that's called drafting. When those last 30,000 LLLL.net's were bought by some Chinese entity -- all in one day -- I believe that was noteworthy. A lot of forces can come together to make these things go up in price.

The $40 to $50 number is a felt thing, not based on math or statistics. It's informed by the basic situation I just described. I could even see $100.

I feel like these things are gonna become valuable. I have been paying up if need be in order to get better letters. I have been loading up, too, on the less-loved Chinese premiums at reg-fee.

It was easier to register the drops a week ago than it is now. If you can even notice something like that over the span of only a week, then the trend is moving in a big way.

So that is my thinking on the current state of LLLL.net (Chinese premium).

•••
Let me just...

Ok, so if LLL.com are essentially $15k now, and LLL.net are $750, that means LLL.net is 5% of a .com (don't want to argue these specific numbers, let's just stick with them for this example, to get that clean 5%).

So if LLLL.com are at $70, that makes the LLLL.net $3.50, if it's 5%.

If we're talking about Chinese LLLL.com, let's say $350. So that makes the LLLL.net $17.50.

Now, I'm not even sure the 5% would even apply to the LLLL.net's, because there are just so many more. The LLL.net's at least have some scarcity.

Thoughts?
Good one Beezy. I would like to take LLLL.com value in the 400-600 range right now. So, going by the 5% value approach that puts the .nets value at 20-25 right away.

Now, think about this. 20-25 is peanuts, so the client base for that range to pick them up is huge as against the 750 of LLL.net - this can drive the price up to 50 or more - still affordable, more pickups, price drives up to 80-100.

These domain name investments are an alternative way to store cash in digital form. I wouldn't think these are end user pickups.

The total combinations available in LLLL chinese premium is not very huge. Add to it, each domainer, chinese and nonchinese, could hold large portfolios - leads to scarcity.

The 5% value of .net can go up to 8-10%.

These are the reasons when I think of it.

•••
Good one Beezy. I would like to take LLLL.com value in the 400-600 range right now. So, going by the 5% value approach that puts the .nets value at 20-25 right away.

Now, think about this. 20-25 is peanuts, so the client base for that range to pick them up is huge as against the 750 of LLL.net - this can drive the price up to 50 or more - still affordable, more pickups, price drives up to 80-100.

These domain name investments are an alternative way to store cash in digital form. I wouldn't think these are end user pickups.

The total combinations available in LLLL chinese premium is not very huge. Add to it, each domainer, chinese and nonchinese, could hold large portfolios - leads to scarcity.

The 5% value of .net can go up to 8-10%.

These are the reasons when I think of it.

Great, so what is your strategy with regular LLLL.nets? Are you preferring to buy CVCVs or anything in particular?

•••
•••
Great, so what is your strategy with regular LLLL.nets? Are you preferring to buy CVCVs or anything in particular?
No but I did pick up a few I liked very much but that's that. I do not see any reason to pick up CVCVs.

•••
I continue to buy and am testing the NamePros market with a Lot of 10 simultaneously. I can say that so far, people are not willing to pay reg-fee.

•••
I continue to buy and am testing the NamePros market with a Lot of 10 simultaneously. I can say that so far, people are not willing to pay reg-fee.
I think it is premature for you to say that as I am watching as well.

•••
I agree with @domainerfella that it could still be a little pre-mature. Maybe even include a link to the beg. of this thread so others can read about the buyout. Also, if there is anything important in any of the domains (such as part of it translating to pin-yin or similar) then you should include that as well.

•••
All drops are picked up on a daily basis. I notice many are caught by DropCatch.COM, that is 69 a pop if only 1 person wanted it during auction. What does it tell you?

•••
Few domains caught by DropCatch.com today out of the 24 I checked: syqp.net, cdyd.net, wzhw.net, bjpt.net - There were about 70 drops today. And all these were gone immediately. Let's get to the facts that people are even back ordering at minimum 69 if there is no auction war.

•••
I agree with @domainerfella that it could still be a little pre-mature. Maybe even include a link to the beg. of this thread so others can read about the buyout. Also, if there is anything important in any of the domains (such as part of it translating to pin-yin or similar) then you should include that as well.

I figured that any serious bidders would have to already be aware of the situation, but I may add a little educational content. More than anything, it is kind of an experiment :)

•••
Let's get to the facts that people are even back ordering at minimum 69 if there is no auction war.

Can you explain this a little further? I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.

•••
@Nat Hunt
Most Back Order (drop-catchers) Services usually charge a fee of $59~$69 to catch a domain; a bidder can place $69 back order on a domain and the service will try to catch, bidder only get charged if the service was successful in catching the domain. The Service try to catch a domain only if there at least 1 bidder.

However if the drop catch Service caught the domain successfully and if there were more than one bidder (say 3 bidders) on the same domain; then the Service will move the catch'd domain to a Private Auction (usually for 3 Days) where the 3 bidders spar in a 'bidding war' where the highest bid win the the domain.

Note: there are 2 type of back order; (Pending Delete) and (Pre Release)
The Pending Delete is not guaranteed to be caught by the service, but Pre Release is Guaranteed to be caught and it retains the domain age.

@domainerfella ; Please correct me if I misunderstood what you mean. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Can you explain this a little further? I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here.
@Nat Hunt @marsi explained it. I explained to you DropCatch.com is catching few LLLL.net and I gave you 4 domains they caught out of the 24 I checked. There were about 70 drops and numbers would be more if we check all of that.

However there is a difference from what marsi explained as far as DropCatch.com is concerned. Where other services like NameJet, Snapnames do private auctions (bidding war is only between those who back ordered), DropCatch.com does public auctions. Anyone can bid even if they haven't back ordered the domain.

So, let us assume only one person wanted those domains, no one else back ordered or entered bids, the minimum that person has to spend on the domain is 59-69 USD.

Hope things are clear now.

•••
Yes I know how DropCatch and others work, I just couldn't understand the grammar of the sentence initially. Now I understand what was being said about even if no other bidders bid, that still is a $60 (or whatever) minimum that individual will pay.

We should try to keep an eye on those DropCatch auctions since they're public.

EDIT: However, it's possible they're using DropCatch.com's new Beta Discount Club.

•••
Yes I know how DropCatch and others work, I just couldn't understand the grammar of the sentence initially. Now I understand what was being said about even if no other bidders bid, that still is a $60 (or whatever) minimum that individual will pay.

We should try to keep an eye on those DropCatch auctions since they're public.
Yea, price will get updated in NameBio, so we can check how much they have gone for. Let us check the 4 domains I have mentioned earlier once they are updated.

•••
They won't make NameBio if they don't reach $100... Btw I edited my previous post to include something about DropCatch's new Discount Club, where names can get caught for as little as $15.

•••
They won't make NameBio if they don't reach $100... Btw I edited my previous post to include something about DropCatch's new Discount Club, where names can get caught for as little as $15.
Oh, I didn't know that. What about dnpric.es? I checked the DDC - lot of ifs and buts and is not worth it, yet in beta stage and by invite only. However, it is something new, thanks for sharing.

•••
syqp.net, cdyd.net, wzhw.net, bjpt.net

Where do you see value in these 4L.net that could justify the $74 first bid?
I can guess bjpt.net start with BJ (acronym for Beijing), anything else?
Thanks!

•••
Where do you see value in these 4L.net that could justify the $74 first bid?
I can guess bjpt.net start with BJ (acronym for Beijing), anything else?
Thanks!

Might be good to have someone who speaks/understands Chinese to give an opinion here. "SY" or "YD" or "WZ" or "ZH" or something like that could have meaning/definition in Chinese or Pin-Yin..

•••
I think it still a little early to see a premium across the board for any 4L.net Chinese premium. I say this because when things get going on any naming convention, one thing is that they are never sitting there on Go Daddy closeouts. When 5N.com first got talked about as they were moving up a few still showed there, then eventually nothing ever made it to closeouts. It is not the only factor but I think it is a decent signal and I have used it for awhile.

I have watched some names close at $12 on Go Daddy Auctions that had good combos, one was a palindrome TWWT.net and another had zz in the middle. So I think we got a little while before we see these really getting going.

I did pick up xzjc.net the night the buyout was announced on closeouts. Bit of traffic so far 2 or 3 uniques a day.

•••
anything about viet domain name can u knw

•••
There were about 50 drops today. Out of that, I checked about 16 names.

4 were caught by DropCatch - khck.net, tlhl.net, ktpc.net, wzpt.net

@Nat Hunt Your auction seems to be going good.

Last edited:
•••
@domainerfella It's good to see a lot of different bidders in the auction. When I started it, I had a "fair value" in my head of low $100's for the 10-name lot. Informing that number was the convenience of being able to buy a lot all at once seeing as these names have become pretty tricky to hand-reg/catch. Also informing that number was the fact that the names all have 11+ months until expiration, as I have noted in the auction a couple times now.

But I really didn't even know if I would get reg-fee prices. I was willing to take a loss just to kind of gauge overall interest, etc. But if you read my recent "bump," you can see some reason for immediate optimism. Literally while I was writing that post, an $11 bid came in on the CFDN.net auction (not mine), and then a $16 bid (!) came in on the same auction, and then my phone beeped alerting me that I had just been outbid on CFCC.net on GD Expiring where I had been the leader at $18.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back