IT.COM

Alert! 1and1.com is the scammer!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
2 days ago i initiated the transfer of 11 domains .CO to 1and1. But they blocked my domains account panel at 1and1 and today i received this email:

"It appears that you currently have an overdue balance with 1&1 Internet. To resolve this matter, please complete the following steps:

1. Contact our billing department at 1-877-300-8316 and mention Customer ID: xxxxxxxxx to discuss the balance and payment options available.
2. Submit a payment to satisfy the overdue balance and wait the recommended time frame for the payment to be fully processed and verified.
3. After waiting the recommended time frame for processing, please contact us at 1-877-206-4253 so we can approve your most recent order(s).

If this debt is not resolved within the next 7 days, your recent order(s) will be cancelled."

I have no debts them, but funds for transfer was charged from my card.
Can i return payment for the transfer?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is this the first time you use 1and1?

I have been avoiding 1and1 more than 3 years ago.

1. They usually deduct money from my card with no reason.
2. They usually block account with no reason.
3. They usually add more (hidden) services when you order new/transfer the domain.
4. 5. 6. ...etc

Last edited:
•••
Is this the first time you use 1and1?

I have been avoiding 1and1 more than 3 years ago.

1. They usually deduct money from my card with no reason.
2. They usually block account with no reason.
3. They usually add more (hidden) services when you order new/transfer the domain.
4. 5. 6. ...etc

I used 6y ago. but transferred out all domains and cancelled some domains, so i have no debt. After cancelled and after transferred domains, they tried to charge for them for renewal... but my card was expired and they could not to charge. Now i returned with transfer in, using Paypal

•••
In your case, I just recommend to you:

1. Send an email with "strong" words to [email protected] or [email protected]
2. Go to 1and1 FB Page, raise you case in this.

Hope you get lucky.

•••
Lesson: don’t use 1&1.

Most everyone knows it’s one of the worst if not worst registrar.

•••
already replied, that i will complain to ICANN

•••
News Flash!!
You must not have been reading any threads on here.

Last edited:
•••
They won't give it a flying fuck.

Sorry, you are definitely not a n00b, how did you ever get this weird idea - to even touch 1&1?

•••
They won't give it a flying f*ck.

Sorry, you are definitely not a n00b, how did you ever get this weird idea - to even touch 1&1?

Their price was 6.99 for.co transfer

•••
Their price was 6.99 for.co transfer
They often gives $1-2 for .com regi. But your nerves and money and peace in mind are worth more than those savings.

•••
They lure with cheap 6.99 co transfer. I transferred over 20 co domains to them. But I was wary 'cos of negative reviews about them, so I used Paypal for payment, so they can not charge me without my permission.

Worst, they lock you in with some dubious, 6-page contract. That's not all. When you order any item from them, they will not bill you or charge your account immediately. They wait for 7-10 days before deducting money from your account. Weird!

I'm already thinking of transferring out.

•••
•••
I wouldn't bother. I complained about a registrar recently about a TM dispute, where the registrant had broken the registrar terms and the registrar hadn't acted in accordance to thier own or ICANNs terms. They didn't care...

•••
why 1and1
the same price on porkbun

•••
•••
1and1 is now Ionos (rebranded to "ionos") but possibly all continues the same, if you transfer or not renew a domain in your account they cancel your account, is maybe the only registrant that make this.

Last edited:
•••
Ionos? Their name choice is as good as their quality of service.

I will be avoiding them at all costs still.

•••
I purchased their hosting for $12 for a year with free domain. The cp said that contract is being created and will take 24-48hrs for the set up. Wow! First time i came across a hosting provider for a simple shared hosting account setup.

It’s been about 36hrs now and I check the domain is still available for registration with Godaddy whois. Lol.

Is it a reseller, 1and1? Are they that lathergic or just inefficient or not capable?

•••
I purchased their hosting for $12 for a year with free domain. The cp said that contract is being created and will take 24-48hrs for the set up. Wow! First time i came across a hosting provider for a simple shared hosting account setup.

It’s been about 36hrs now and I check the domain is still available for registration with Godaddy whois. Lol.

Is it a reseller, 1and1? Are they that lathergic or just inefficient or not capable?
:xf.eek:

•••
It's been 5 days and it still says: locked. I can't use the service. Pathetic! I wrote to the to keep the $12 and also take back their service lol. 1and1 is basically stealing people's money I suppose. Stay alert guys.

•••
They are known fraudsters worldwide. My account was blocked for no reason and I ended up losing a very expensive domain. Still breaks my heart till date.

•••
Should have known earlier. I thought I'll just put up a blog so I chose their $1x12 =$12 for 1 year shared hosting with a free domain. Anyway, I'll go ahead with godaddy or other registrars.

•••
Back