NameSilo

1and1 UK

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for 1and1 UK

Registration of a Domain takes ages (sometimes up to a whole day) and their prices are outrageous. 1and1 seems to limit you to only purchasing from your specific country so getting 1and1.com prices is impossible.

Their customer support is diabolical with little knowledge and know-how to fix problems, even non-technical ones. It must also be noted that their customer support is slow and on occasion I have not received a reply at all.

Up until recently, their prices were the cheapest for UK names (as technically they made a loss on every domain they sold as their main focus appears to be hosting). At the start of this month however, they raised their prices to £7.03 for a 2 year .uk name which is nearly twice the price you would have paid the day beforehand.

Their price for UK names was the only thing which has kept me with them for the past 2 years but now I will not be registering more names with them as they no longer appeal to me in any way, shape or form.

On the bright-side, (if you know how to) it is easy to transfer TLDs like .com and .net out to a more reputable registrar. However, .uk names I can not comment on, yet. But alas you will probably get an update from me on how that has gone when my UK names come up for renewal in a couple of months time.

It must also be noted that a .com is around the $19-mark for the privilege of being British with 1and1 UK. And you want a .TV? That'll be $60.

Finally, updating anything from whois information to changing nameservers will probably take you longer than registering the domain. I advise you do it atleast one day before you need it...

-[/rant]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Appauling

Threateded me with a lawsuit because I "Hadn't paid" even though I had done and their service just plain sucks. Period.

•••
Review

the worst register ever!

removed all my domains from there admin panel, now i cant access them to change DNS, and i have to pay 10gbp to nominet.org.uk to transfer my domains to another register.

•••
1and1 ?

I won`t get domains there , not even if they were FREE !

•••
Crap

Can I not rate at zero. BAD BAD BAD. Questionable invoices, no clue, poor service, CRAP crap etc

Good riddance

:wave:

Now with
Fabulous.com - now there's a registrar...

•••
Update: They charge you for the contracts, not the services apparently. I nearly got charged $20 for a .net renewal even though I had moved the domain to Moniker over a year earlier, AND I didn't get charged when that came up for renewal that year so I could not see how they were charging me for it.

It took 5 e-mails saying the domain was not with them and that I had already cancelled the contract before they got the message.

Very annoying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back