Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic's network of registrars and partners generates more than 75 million qualified domain searches per month for our inventory. We also run occasional Afternic email campaigns to promote domain names - https://domaininvesting.com/afternic-outbound-email-sales-tactic/

Could you DM us some examples of domain names affected? From what we can see, the domain names that you previously DM'd us are resolving properly.

We can look into this, certainly. For now, you're welcome to DM us with any feedback.
Just from a time management perspective, it would be much better to have an open thread where people ask questions, point out issues and then you guys address them. Simply because whatever issue I have or somebody else might have, others might have the same issue, so you only have to answer once. And if somebody in the future has the same issue, they just come to the thread and find it. Instead of DMs, whick would take up a lot of your time. Just to give you one example, and it's not even a major deal but I use up a lot of time.

Changing nameservers, I can do multiple domains at once.

Seems I can't do that (unless I'm missing it) when adding a Sedo text file.

So I register a bunch of new names, I have go one by one to add in a new text file. Instead of doing them all at once.
-------------

Also, my names at GoDaddy auctions are all set to Make Offer. If I want to change them to 7 day Auction, I can't do that via the edit button. I have to delete it first, then resubmit. And if the auctions don't go well and I want to put them back to Make Offer, I lose how many offers I've received in the past, it resets to 0. It's a number I Iike to see.

It's just little time wasting things, I think should be an easy fix.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy Can you please elaborate on the aforementioned question regarding GoDaddy's NameFind portfolio? How actively are domains from NameFind being promoted as an alternative, when potential buyers contact Afternic? Thank you.

Actually @GoDaddy quoted my message and wrote a reply, but edited and deleted it right after.

post.png

There was no response to the details I sent to @James Iles privately either, he just gave a "(y)"

I can't understand what's going on...

•••
Last week I m being spammed by GoDaddy sales reps, about former offers I made through Afternic, sending me this email:

"Hi Dimitris,

Following up to see if anything has changed on your end in regards to ****.com?

I am always happy to discuss ways we can help you acquire this domain."

I told them to stop, unless they have something to offer to me, but they ignored me.

Funny facts:

1. They sent this email for domains I have purchased weeks ago.
2. They sent this email for domains I have already purchased and sell to someone else.
3. They sent this email for domains that the seller never responded to my offer.
4. They sent this email for domains that are not longer listed for sale.

I really wonder what's going on in there...

•••
While working on my Afternic account I'm running into issues with my GoDaddy account. Anyone else having trouble trying to make DNS changes in GoDaddy? Or trouble simply getting your names to list?
Yikes... one of the domains I was working on earlier that had an error every time I tried to change the DNS is now missing from my GoDaddy account. NOT GOOD.

EDIT - the name is back in my account. That was scary. I think the GoDaddy system must be having issues today. No more DNS changes for me. 😃

Last edited:
•••
Even though it was 3 days late, one of the brokers returned. He shared the BIN price, I stated that I had a budget of 1/3 of this price and I could not buy it. He then said that he wanted to pass this domain and offer me an alternative.

If any buyer is in a similar situation, is this the normal routine for brokers?

I've had several domains that have gone through engagements and they've all ended up at "buyer indicated the domain was priced outside of what they wanted to spend".

I've never received a follow up message of what they wanted to spend. The lead always goes to stalled. It's whatever if their budget isn't anywhere near the asking price or they don't state their budget. That happens. I just don't want to lose a potential lead or lose the ability to counter a lower budget because all the brokers are required to offer a buyer another domain whenever their budget is lower than the asking price/floor.

•••
DM sent for a problem with ns1/ns2. And there is another problem integration Uniregistry and afternic which not working at all. The migration center says it will take 24 hours, there are 4 days, and the domain has not been migrated.
Domains on Uniregistry have the status: auto migration quoted screen attached.
It's faster and easier to migrate to any other parking like Bodis, Sedo, etc.

Attachments

• automigration-quotedpng.png
    automigration-quotedpng.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
•••
Actually @GoDaddy quoted my message and wrote a reply, but edited and deleted it right after.

Show attachment 235551

There was no response to the details I sent to @James Iles privately either, he just gave a "(y)"

I can't understand what's going on...

That was my fault. I highlighted it to work on when I logged into the GoDaddy account the other day - it was missed when GoDaddy's post initially went live yesterday.

On the original point from you, @kor - since you'd made a couple of inquiries before (and have an existing account), the system takes you out of the regular flow, and a broker is assigned immediately. That's a flow that works very well and stops repeat buyers from having to go through any automations - improving relationships and STRs.

Since that specific lead was received late on a Friday night in APAC, the broker wasn't able to pick this up until Monday - hence the delay. In the normal course of events, brokers respond as soon as possible. There's a distinct advantage to responding within 12-24 hours, as it gives a better STR - the wider Afternic team knows this, and it's a win-win-win if responses are made asap.

The offer was noted, but it wasn't put into the lead center. I've alerted the sales team to that, and the broker will be reminded of this.

@Future Sensors - it's a fair question since NameFind is GoDaddy's portfolio (and given the portfolio's size). But, NameFind domains aren't treated any differently from any other domain names within Afternic.

•••
After I make a price change on GTLD domains (no problems with .com) listed with NS5 and NS6 Afternic name servers, the landers do not show the BIN pricing, and the price is not reflected in GoDaddy.com as well. The landing page shows the message, "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call.". It's been more than a week now. I am afraid I am losing leads here. This was not the case with NS3 and NS4. Can you please fix this ASAP?

Last edited:
•••
On the original point from you, @kor - since you'd made a couple of inquiries before (and have an existing account)

Can you elaborate on this a little more please? The pseudo email address I used for test inquire is not registered with Afternic if you're implying that.

Since that specific lead was received late on a Friday night in APAC, the broker wasn't able to pick this up until Monday

For an industry that operates 24/7 globally, this is a big gap in my opinion. Especially in terms of impulse buy.

The offer was noted, but it wasn't put into the lead center.

It was actually available in Lead Center, I saw it when I checked later. However, the number offered by the potential buyer was not entered, it says $0. The broker in question even noted that he had made several phone calls. I don't know how or with whom he made a call with a phone number that doesn't actually exist.

My main concern is to be informed about all requests quickly by e-mail. For example; an offer for another domain name (which was below the minimum offer limit I set) was forwarded to me by another broker. Even though it was 30-40% below the price I asked for the sale was successful.

NameFind domains aren't treated any differently from any other domain names within Afternic.

After asking the broker what he would suggest as an alternative domain, he stopped responding. So I can't make any claims about it. Maybe there are others who want to test this detail.

Last edited:
•••
Hi from 18th April, uniregistry market will retire. Can you clarify the below.

1) Domain parking revenue for March & April till 18 will be paid to payee details in uniregistry account if already set. (no need to add payee at afternic for uni parking payouts for parking revenue of March and till April 18th)

2) after April 18th parking and selling possible only with afternic.

So should i change namesevers to ns1.afternic.com and ns2.afternic.com and add the domains to afternic / link uni to afternic. Also to add payee details in mid May.

Kindly clarify.

•••
One of my domains sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network on April 8th. I have not been paid yet. Is this normal? Does it typically take this long for Afternic to pay?

•••
I'm done with Fast Transfer for now. SImply too risky. All the time I receive emails asking me to confirm Fast Transfer for names owned by me but listed by someone else. Afternic really needs to get serious about owner verification.

•••
Maybe a dumb question, but if I can't figure it out probably at least one other person B-) so thought would ask here: If a domain name that is normally Afternic FT capable has been added through the Dan integration, so it does not show up as far as I can see in my Afternic account, and it won't let me add it since it says already listed, is there anyway to activate FT for the domain name?

I presume one approach is I could delete it from Dan, wait a while, then add it to Afternic, then activate the FT?

I really would feel better about the integration if there was some way from our Afternic account to see the domain names from Dan integration.

Thanks for any guidance.

Bob

PS The approach of deleting it from Dan, then listing at Afternic, then activating FT, then listing again at Dan does work to get it listed at both, but seems awkward.

Last edited:
•••
I just sold a domain in DAN, which is registered in SAV. I tried to push it internally in DAN’s account in SAV and I received this email:

Errors:

****.info - There is a hold on this domain until 04/20/2023 04:25pm. Hold Reason: Afternic Fast Transfer

Best Regards,
Sav.com.

I haven’t received any email from afternic regarding any sale of this domain.
I logged in my Afternic account and it doesn’t appear in my sold domains.
I tried to delete it, but it status is pending sale…

Any guesses?

•••
Why has Afternic stopped answering emails? Two business days and counting. It looks extremely unprofessional. Emails were sent to support service and sales and still nada.

You guys used to answer within 24 hours. There isn’t any registrar I use that even takes a full. 24 hours to reply.

You want proof when scammers list our names but you don’t maintain the staff to answer emails? Do better.

•••
Same here, and they are still keeping hostage my domain with no reason...
I think I broke all records.
5 days ago I received an answer to a mail that I had sent 17 days earlier!
Funny thing, their reply was irrelevant with my problem...

•••
Why has Afternic stopped answering emails? Two business days and counting. It looks extremely unprofessional. Emails were sent to support service and sales and still nada.

You guys used to answer within 24 hours. There isn’t any registrar I use that even takes a full. 24 hours to reply.

You want proof when scammers list our names but you don’t maintain the staff to answer emails? Do better.
3 days and counting…

•••
I just sold a domain in DAN, which is registered in SAV. I tried to push it internally in DAN’s account in SAV and I received this email:

Errors:

****.info - There is a hold on this domain until 04/20/2023 04:25pm. Hold Reason: Afternic Fast Transfer

Best Regards,
Sav.com.

I haven’t received any email from afternic regarding any sale of this domain.
I logged in my Afternic account and it doesn’t appear in my sold domains.
I tried to delete it, but it status is pending sale…

Any guesses?

Today, 3 days later, I received an automated email that my domain sold in Afternic!

And while the domain is still locked because of “afternic fast transfer”, they didn’t automatically took it from my account.
They just asked me to send them the auth code.

So this was our communication:

“Hello, I have sent email to your support team 3 days now, but I have get no response yet. This domain was sold on Monday through DAN.”

“We understand that you are no longer the owner of ****.info.
Please update your portfolio, so we can avoid future situations like this.”

Sum up:
The locked my domain, without sending to me any email about a sale.
I sold it in Dan and I couldn’t transfer it.
I couldn’t delete it from afteric either.
I emailed them as soon as it was sold, and the day after.
They never responded.
And finally they scolded me for not updating my portfolio!!!

•••
Many big companies have very bad support, that wasnt true in the past for US companies...

•••
Dear Afternic team,

I've tried today to upload my domains' spreadsheet to add/update some domains and I got the following message in the dashboard:

"You have successfully uploaded 0 domain name(s)."

There's no problem with the spreadsheet file on my side as I tried past versions and all had the same message with no change to my portfolio.

Anyone here had the same issue today?

I always rely on updating my portfolio using this method
. So, please check it on your side and fix it ASAP.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Af-upload-issue.png
    Af-upload-issue.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
•••
Dear Afternic team,

I've tried today to upload my domains' spreadsheet to add/update some domains and I got the following message in the dashboard:

"You have successfully uploaded 0 domain name(s)."

There's no problem with the spreadsheet file on my side as I tried past versions and all had the same message with no change to my portfolio.

Anyone here had the same issue today?

I always rely on updating my portfolio using this method
. So, please check it on your side and fix it ASAP.

Thank you!
Yes, I'm experiencing this as well, during this whole day.

Afternic does not monitor this, and I've reported it in the past (like here).

Unfortunately, reporting such bugs to Afternic has never been fruitful.

1682040734798.png

Last edited:
•••
Day 4 —no replies. @Afternic have you fired all customer support who used to attend to these email accounts? @support @ service @sales.

I can’t provide you the proofs I own the domains (not the scammers) over the phone. What is going on?

Last edited:
•••
I confirm these issues as well.
I can’t add new domains since yesterday.
I also get the message that 0 domains have added in my portfolio.

5th day with no response to the mail I sent to support to verify my domains.

•••
Oh no. This bug is back again today, as well.

It is disheartening to see that the Afternic system is so shaky and that bugs are not fixed.

How do you think things are going, Afternic?

1682084623820.png

•••
Things seems to be getting worse, rather than better (unfortunately).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back