Domain Empire

Afternic New Landing page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
Today when i opened one of my domain which uses Afternic nameserver, it opened this new designer landing page, initially i just panicked thinking whether this domain dropped and someone catched it, but it seems Afternic redesign the lander, what you guys think about this new lander? I felt the old one very archaic and not user friendly, this one cool clean and in single glance one can identify this domain is for sale. I felt anything better than the old one. what about you?
upload_2020-12-9_18-44-47.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wish there was an option to display a BIN on them

If they had a DAN-tier bin/instalments/make offer lander with all their branding, allow you to message the seller before making an offer, 24/7 phone number/live chat support widget and redirected to godaddy.com instead of afternic.com they would have complete lander dominance imo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Now Afternic showing the old design again, so they just testing the water. They scared to make changes?

it's a 50/50 test, you'll either get the old or the new by design

•••
•••
Why not BIN price at the landing page instead of contact form.

That's great that way people are not going to think that you're hogging all the leads to sell your own domains. :xf.wink:

Providing stats for visitors to the landing pages will be appreciated greatly too.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Paul Nicks

Good to see that you're giving the Godaddy/Afternic landers a fresh new look. It looks very promising.

It would be great if you could also provide Afternic members some settings to enable/disable asking for the phone number of the potential buyer, in the enquiry form. Several people have already suggested this in this thread, as they think it may be a hurdle to proceed. Or a setting how prices are displayed.

You're still testing, and I'm sure you will ultimately choose what's best for all parties involved. I'm looking forward to the announcement soon...

•••
•••
Yes I have noticed new landing pages, seems like it only took them a decade or two.

•••
It’s almost the end of 2020 and they finally figured out how to create a responsive mobile friendly website.

Looks a million times better!!!

•••
@Paul Nicks

Any plans or have you tested with the domain's first letter of each word in capital form?

e.g SuperCool.com instead of supercool.com

When are you planning to add the BIN feature?

It will be nice to able to see traffic stats, inquiries, offers etc from the dashboard. Any plans on making that available for domainers?

Last edited:
•••
If they had a DAN-tier bin/instalments/make offer lander with all their branding, allow you to message the seller before making an offer, 24/7 phone number/live chat support widget and redirected to godaddy.com instead of afternic.com they would have complete lander dominance imo.

Exactly my thoughts. It will be the best lander if they add all the features.

@Paul Nicks

•••
Godaddy BIN landers.
He just dropped a nuclear bomb lol.

•••
@Paul Nicks Also if the lead is through our own lander and not from Godaddy network, then in that case the commission can be less like 15% . Right now most don't use Afternic lander, even i use Afternic lander for just 15% of my domains becoz of high commission on my own leads. Hope you guys consider this has their is less overhead on direct leads from lander.

Such measure will increase the no of domainer using Afternic Lander for their domains, which bring more revenue & profit to Godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
The general public knows Godaddy; not afternic. They need to go all in and stop this back and forth.
It's about time Godaddy have their own landing pages. I would have definitely have used them instead of running all over the place. They are not serious about development. Seems they are only good are registering domain names.

•••
To opt for Fast Transfer in Afternic, why is it mandatory to remove Ownership Protection of Domain?

•••
Looks much much better now!!!

•••
It's looking clean and fresh. i like it (y)

To opt for Fast Transfer in Afternic, why is it mandatory to remove Ownership Protection of Domain?

FAST TRANSFER
Uhmm, because its need to be immediately transferred from your acc to buyers account?

Last edited:
•••
•••
One other thing that would be a game changer would be in dashboard stats of leads, traffic, offers etc

If it is implemented then none of the marketplaces / scrtips / dn software will survive... JMO.

•••
Its high time to bring major overhaul upgrades to afternic website as well which is currently 19th century website.

•••
•••
the data counts at the end of the day, but i like the old lander more than the new one.

Regarding the new design, interestingly on the mobile version the Godaddy logo looks large (which is best) but on the desktop version the Godaddy logo looks too small.

Last edited:
•••
@paulnicks : Should use the same admin that UNI has and make that same thing for GoDaddy, stats,offers,buy it nows etc and use the GD landing pages, UNI admin is excellent and I would think that GD could implement the same things and have a combined for both UNI and GD - Lose the Afternic brand, its a waste of time

•••
the data counts at the end of the day, but i like the old lander more than the new one.

Regarding the new design, interestingly on the mobile version the Godaddy logo looks large (which is best) but on the desktop version the Godaddy logo looks too small.
Makes sense to me as few people outside domaining know about Afternic.

If they still want to retain the Powered by Afternic phrase, then it should be in fine print

•••
I said the GODADDY logo not the Afternic logo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back