Dynadot

Afternic New Landing page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
Today when i opened one of my domain which uses Afternic nameserver, it opened this new designer landing page, initially i just panicked thinking whether this domain dropped and someone catched it, but it seems Afternic redesign the lander, what you guys think about this new lander? I felt the old one very archaic and not user friendly, this one cool clean and in single glance one can identify this domain is for sale. I felt anything better than the old one. what about you?
upload_2020-12-9_18-44-47.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm still seeing the old landing page with that domain, maybe they are just testing for now?

•••
I'm also seeing old landers but it's good to know they are working on something.

Also I dont see afternic mentionned on your screenshot, which is also nice.

Lander makes me think the domain is owned by Godaddy. Thats a very good feature lol.

•••
I'm also seeing old landers but it's good to know they are working on something.

Also I dont see afternic mentionned on your screenshot, which is also nice.

Lander makes me think the domain is owned by Godaddy. Thats a very good feature lol.

Afternic is mentioned at the bottom of the page
upload_2020-12-9_21-32-45.png

•••
how do u get there? dns or url

nice to see afternic do something new

I think last time they did that was past century

•••

nice to see afternic do something new

I think last time they did that was past century

Just go to the domain name mentioned in the screenshot or just open any of your domain pointed to afternic nameserver

•••
For the record: I'm also seeing the new layout for the domain in your screenshot. Visiting from the Netherlands. Looks very good. The Godaddy and Afternic logos are not clickable, which is also good, I guess.

•••

It depends on which DNS you use for your domains

NS1.Afternic.com
NS2.Afternic.com

Should give you the new landers

NS3.Afternic.com
NS4.Afternic.com

will give you the older version

You can also forward each one of your domains to its corresponding Afternic results page ( forwarding one domain at a time).

IMO

Last edited:
•••
You can also forward each one of your domains to its corresponding Afternic results page ( forwarding one domain at a time).

Indeed. @Michael Cyger posted a blog describing 6 for-sale landing page options at Godaddy/Afternic. Recommended reading.

dnacademy DOT com/godaddy-for-sale

Last edited:
•••
For the record: I'm also seeing the new layout for the domain in your screenshot. Visiting from the Netherlands. Looks very good. The Godaddy and Afternic logos are not clickable, which is also good, I guess.

When visiting from NL, it shows the telephone number of the local (Dutch) Godaddy office first.

Also very good to see.

085 888 6528

+1 339-222-5134 (or contact our US based support)

•••
It depends on which DNS you use for your domains

NS1.Afternic.com
NS2.Afternic.com

Should give you the new landers

NS3.Afternic.com
NS4.Afternic.com

will give you the older version

IMO
It shows on the ns3/ns4 nameserver. But strange thing was I could see the new page when using my desktop, while the old one still shows up on mobile despite clearing my cache

•••
Looks great. Just wish there was an option to display a BIN on them. I know I get dissuaded whenever I'm prompted to call a number or fill out a long form.

•••
testing these, early results are promising.

•••
Looks great. Just wish there was an option to display a BIN on them. I know I get dissuaded whenever I'm prompted to call a number or fill out a long form.
I agree. But at the same time, some price points are likely to involve some phone calls. No one is going to plonk down 50k on a domain without some kind of prior contact, preferably via phone

•••
•••
It shows on the ns3/ns4 nameserver. But strange thing was I could see the new page when using my desktop, while the old one still shows up on mobile despite clearing my cache
Mobile now resolving to the new page

•••
i noticed HD changed their whole lander and main site too

•••
•••
testing these, early results are promising.

It would be nice if you could write an article to provide some real time stats for all the different options that are being discussed here.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of inquiries for price requests end up in actual sales and what percentage of the buyers use the make offer or the buy it now option on the Afternic site itself or the other platforms that are part of the network both when it comes to the premium and regular listings. It will also be great to know what the average initial offer is and what percentage of the $100 or less offers are turned into four or five figure sales (plus any other info and stats that you could think of that perhaps haven't been mentioned here).

Having a comprehensive and detailed report is much better than having to hunt for all this info a little piece at a time all over the forum.

A little more clarity in GoDaddy's part would probably create a lot more trust and confidence in using the Afternic platform for domainers.

Thanks in advance

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
You can literally type in any name you like to see the new lander:

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/anything.com

However, with the 'example' domain in the URL, there is no form to fill in, no Godaddy logo (only Afternic logo) and the text mentions Afternic will verify if the domain is indeed for sale. Still interesting to see, still like it. Checked on mobile phone only, this time.

•••
However, with the 'example' domain in the URL, there is no form to fill in, no Godaddy logo (only Afternic logo) and the text mentions Afternic will verify if the domain is indeed for sale. Still interesting to see, still like it. Checked on mobile phone only, this time.
This usually shows up when a name is not properly listed and shows 'In Review' on the Afternic dashboard. Personally, I notice this with newly registered names or names that recently changed registrars, which have the 60-day lock in place.

•••
I wish that Afternic/GoDaddy makes it possible to track visits on the ns3/ns4 nameservers.

•••
•••
Now Afternic showing the old design again, so they just testing the water. They scared to make changes?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back