Dynadot

advice Afternic negotiation, advice from experienced investors, please

Catch.Club Catch.Club

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
503
Hi, guys, so the buyer has offered $500 on 3.3 and $749 on 13.3 for a two word financial domain on Afternic. I saw it on the new lead section on Afternic and contacted the agent for more information who the buyer is. They said that the buyer told them that they are a small organization and their best offer is $749.
My bin is $4950 with a $4000 floor price.
I think I have a heard that ''we are a small organization and this is our best low ball offer'' again here. What would you do? Thanks.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sadly the two offers are so far away from your valuation I’m not sure what you can do.

If you genuinely feel that the name is worth $4,000+, you can’t accept less than $3k even at your most generous.
 
2
•••
It's not healthy to make an assumption without knowing the domain name.
 
-2
•••
It's not healthy to make an assumption without knowing the domain name.
I could say that it's a financial name not suitable for a 'small' organization haha.
I had priced it even $9000.
Any investors with similar stories, please? I have read some on NP over the years.
 
Last edited:
-1
•••
I would sell it for 1.5k-2k.
 
-3
•••
If it were me I would probably change the lander to dan with a lease to own option. If they are a small organization they can handle $400/MTH for 12 months. I would lower the price on afternic to something like 3,888k and keep the bin at dan to around 4k with the lease to own option and wait. Good luck!
 
4
•••
If it were me I would probably change the lander to dan with a lease to own option. If they are a small organization they can handle $400/MTH for 12 months. I would lower the price on afternic to something like 3,888k and keep the bin at dan to around 4k with the lease to own option and wait. Good luck!
Thanks. I have already done that, I'm just wondering if they simply tried to register the name on GoDaddy and saw that the price was $4950, so they might be OKAY to buy it at that price if their heavy discount attempts fail. No rush tbh.
I haven't experienced this kind of situation before, my last sale was $4000 ( $4995 bin).
I think with the new lead feature on Afternic, we will see loads of similar threads on NP.
 
Last edited:
-1
•••
What's your cost on the domain? You don't have to share here but ask yourself what you paid for the domain and how much labor did you put into the acquisition of the domain.

If you got the name for $10 then $750 is a great flip though you'll also need to consider how many other names you are renewing or dropping that you also paid for.

If you were to reinvest the money from that sale do you feel confident you'll be able to replace it with more domains? I'd be cool taking $750 for a $5k domain if I knew I could acquire 3-5 more $5k domains. I'm also in a situation where $750 doesn't really make a difference to my bottom line so if I felt confident I could get more, I would probably hold out for more.
 
2
•••
What's your cost on the domain? You don't have to share here but ask yourself what you paid for the domain and how much labor did you put into the acquisition of the domain.

If you got the name for $10 then $750 is a great flip though you'll also need to consider how many other names you are renewing or dropping that you also paid for.

If you were to reinvest the money from that sale do you feel confident you'll be able to replace it with more domains? I'd be cool taking $750 for a $5k domain if I knew I could acquire 3-5 more $5k domains. I'm also in a situation where $750 doesn't really make a difference to my bottom line so if I felt confident I could get more, I would probably hold out for more.
It's a hand reg, overall cost is 14 bucks, including one renewal. 750 bucks won't make any difference to be honest, as I don't rely on domaining. I also believe in that name and won't sell it for less than 3K. When a buyer says we are a small organization, that means in my book that they should go for a small name as well to reflect their small ambitions. Sad, but true. The name is not suitable for a small organization.

As many other investors, I hardly find any names worth buying nowadays. 350 names folio. I also don't have any renewals due till mid August.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Hi, guys, so the buyer has offered $500 on 3.3 and $749 on 13.3 for a two word financial domain on Afternic. I saw it on the new lead section on Afternic and contacted the agent for more information who the buyer is. They said that the buyer told them that they are a small organization and their best offer is $749.
My bin is $4950 with a $4000 floor price.
I think I have a heard that ''we are a small organization and this is our best low ball offer'' again here. What would you do? Thanks.
If you have a good name, ...HOLD.
You could always list elsewhere and tell Afternic that you have already been offered far more and turned down the offer.

GoDaddy has a free domain appraisal service. Run your domain through that appraisal process to see what the other person may be seeing.

Last year, Someone contacted me directly trying to befriend me to try purchase a premium domain from me for the lowest possible price. I did not have listed for sale.

The person is a nobody film producer from California. Eventually, he stated that he was hoping to buy it for a quick $5K-$10K in CASH.

I turned him down and told him it would take a lot more for me to sell it as I have been basing a line of my working rottweilers on it for over 2 years. It is the name of one of my dogs. He said he would try to save the money and would be back to try to buy it later.

Recently, I discovered he is a partner, but not the listed founder of the business that supplied it Famous actor insired/designed sunglasses as gifts in the winner bags at the OSCAR AWARDS.

The actual founder is Actor Joe Pesci.

You never know who is making the offer.
 
-3
•••
Yeah, right...

When I started this thread, I obviously did not know that I would have 2 fast transfer AN sales for 6K in two days and one $2200 offer for another name that did not happen due to buyer not doing business in good faith. It might happen later as he called AN couple times, sign he is genuinely interested. Domaining is crazy. There is no action for months and then two sales happen in a single day.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Hi, guys, so the buyer has offered $500 on 3.3 and $749 on 13.3 for a two word financial domain on Afternic. I saw it on the new lead section on Afternic and contacted the agent for more information who the buyer is. They said that the buyer told them that they are a small organization and their best offer is $749.
My bin is $4950 with a $4000 floor price.
I think I have a heard that ''we are a small organization and this is our best low ball offer'' again here. What would you do? Thanks.
Ignore and move on. The best way to bring them up to your price is to do absolutely nothing.
 
1
•••
Need to know the domain and how bad you need the sale to offer advice. I stick to my valuations usually. Little wiggle room but 4k+ to 700 never happen on my own domains if I'm strong on the valuation.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Yeah, right...

When I started this thread, I obviously did not know that I would have 2 fast transfer AN sales for 6K in two days and one $2200 offer for another name that did not happen due to buyer not doing business in good faith. It might happen later as he called AN couple times, sign he is genuinely interested. Domaining is crazy. There is no action for months and then two sales happen in a single day.
Sellers are on potential buyers' time.
Yes. Very Crazy!
 
0
•••
Back