IT.COM

Afternic: 2 months no sales...

NameSilo
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
what am I doing wrong?

maybe i should try sedo or uniregistry market?

please advise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never had luck with Sedo or Afternic/GoDaddy. Unimarket is pretty solid, I will admit.

•••
How many names do you have there?

I only put names that I dare price with BIN on Afternic. Not many sales, but the ones that do go through are pretty good. Sold on average 3 per year there since 2006. However 95% of my sales have gone to the same person. Not sure whats up with that.

•••
How many names do you have there?

I only put names that I dare price with BIN on Afternic. Not many sales, but the ones that do go through are pretty good. Sold on average 3 per year there since 2006. However 95% of my sales have gone to the same person. Not sure whats up with that.

Apollo belongs to Afternic. It's not a real person.

•••
Make sure your domains appear on godaddy as well
If not, you'll have almost no exposure

•••
Wont make a difference moving to Sedo. I am thinking of moving all my Sedo parked domains back to Uniregistry...uggghhhh...or maybe I will try Undeveloped.

•••
•••
now this
upload_2016-12-6_16-29-44.png

•••
Apollo belongs to Afternic. It's not a real person.

I did not know that. So what does these purchases cover? In house acquisitions or is it just their buyer ID protection?

•••
I did not know that. So what does these purchases cover? In house acquisitions or is it just their buyer ID protection?

Probably both. They haven't divulged that information AFAIK so I'd only be speculating.

•••
@RU they have been up and down whole day, just keep trying...

•••
Please clarify "appear".

I meant 'show up'

For a domain to show up on godaddy (via afternic that is) it needs to be cleared of the 'under review' status on Afternic.

90% of my sales on afternic come from godaddy using the alias of 'apollo', that's why I thought of it as important to mention

•••
What ever the Apollo alias covers, its been in effect since 2006, well before Godaddy and Afternic teamed up.

So probably all out of house(platform) purchases.

•••
What ever the Apollo alias covers, its been in effect since 2006, well before Godaddy and Afternic teamed up.

So probably all out of house(platform) purchases.

People have said it's for offplatform purchases which makes sense since the user doesn't have an Afternic account.

•••
Same here.

The whole Afternic is so ridiculously buggy - what is Godaddy doing with all the money they get from commissions / expired auctions? Because it's clearly not reinvested in their outdated (and barely working) platform.

•••
more than 60 day nosale for me

•••
more than 15 months...No sale for me.

Now i am not able to login.

Anyone facing issues with afternic login now?

•••
•••
Everyone has been so polite with their replies here... that's what makes namePros great, I suppose. Everyone needs a pat on the back every once in a while to keep spirits high.

But, sometimes we need a dose of reality. And quite possibly, this is your time.

To answer your question, as seen in the title alone, with another question, though: Doesn't this make you question your buying decisions? I mean, if you're not turning over inventory... something is possibly wrong with what you're stocking. If that hasn't run through your mind and think the problem lies within the marketplace, you are probably sadly mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
Everyone has been so polite with their replies here... that's what makes namePros great, I suppose. Everyone needs a pat on the back every once in a while to keep spirits high.

But, sometimes we need a dose of reality. And quite possibly, this is your time.

To answer your question, as seen in the title alone, with another question, though: Doesn't this make you question your buying decisions? I mean, if you're not turning over inventory... something is possibly wrong with what you're stocking. If that hasn't run through your mind and think the problem lies within the marketplace, you are probably sadly mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.
Maybe the Afternic system is broken or something like that..

•••
what am I doing wrong?

maybe i should try sedo or uniregistry market?

please advise.

Why not all of them?
My domains are on Sedo, Uni, Afternic.... name it :)
More choices - more opportunities :)

•••
Why not all of them?
My domains are on Sedo, Uni, Afternic.... name it :)
More choices - more opportunities :)
What if someone places a bid on the Sedo and at the same time someone else buys it on Afternic at BIN price?!

•••
What if someone places a bid on the Sedo and at the same time someone else buys it on Afternic at BIN price?!

You haven't had a sale in 2 months. What are the odds of that happening?

•••
Since Sedo changed their landing page, I noticed a considerably down tick in sales for me. I have one going through now but I'm pretty sure the buyer was using Sedo search.

No sales in Afternic since Summer, lots of price requests though which aren't really worth my time.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe the Afternic system is broken or something like that..
Yeah, that must be the case.

Not that you don't have any names of quality or anything that domainers and end users alike wouldn't want to purchase throughout the past two months whom also had other means of purchasing your names — directly for instance. What in the world was I thinking? It must be that Afternic has had system problems like you say. :guilty:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back