IT.COM

Afternic: 2 months no sales...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
what am I doing wrong?

maybe i should try sedo or uniregistry market?

please advise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what am I doing wrong?

maybe i should try sedo or uniregistry market?

please advise.

1. all your domains need to be forwarded somewhere so someone can see they for sale.
2. if you depend on sedo and afternic to be your only source of income you might as well quit now.
3. you need to figure a system that works for you and a way to make weekly income or domaining will become discuraging.

I wish you luck. Changing your strategy and putting some hard work always helps

•••
I myself have reported several issues to Afternic, only to be told nothing will done as their working on a new platform in the background. When will that be released, who knows.

•••
Perhaps post of some your domains.

•••
The whole Afternic is so ridiculously buggy - what is Godaddy doing with all the money they get from commissions / expired auctions? Because it's clearly not reinvested in their outdated (and barely working) platform.

I'll second that!

•••
Yeah, that must be the case.

Not that you don't have any names of quality or anything that domainers and end users alike wouldn't want to purchase throughout the past two months whom also had other means of purchasing your names — directly for instance. What in the world was I thinking? It must be that Afternic has had system problems like you say. :guilty:
the problem is not with my domains..

•••
the problem is never someones domains:xf.eek:

•••
•••
We all have bad domains until someone buys one - then it is a good domain!

•••
1. all your domains need to be forwarded somewhere so someone can see they for sale.
2. if you depend on sedo and afternic to be your only source of income you might as well quit now.
3. you need to figure a system that works for you and a way to make weekly income or domaining will become discuraging.

I wish you luck. Changing your strategy and putting some hard work always helps
I fwd all of my domains to Godaddy
e.g.
upload_2016-12-6_19-17-6.png

upload_2016-12-6_19-17-33.png

•••
here's another great example..

upload_2016-12-6_19-24-35.png

GotBoobs.com was sold for $15,000 !!!!!
upload_2016-12-6_19-26-48.png

•••
here's another great example..

Show attachment 44668

GotBoobs/com was sold for $15,000 !!!!!
Show attachment 44669

GotBoobs is a regfee name that an expert seller managed to sell for $15K.

It was sold to breast cancer charity.

I try to ignore these types one hit wonders when making buying decisions.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
GotBoobs is a regfee name that an expert seller managed to sell for $15K.

It was sold to breast cancer charity.

I try to ignore these types one hit wonders when making buying decisions

Just my opinion.

What @LucidDomains said is very true.

That being said, nobody can predict what domain will sell or who will want a particular domain in the future.

Certainly I would spend my domain dollars on a different domain than Got/boobs./com.

There are many others you could reg that will probably sell faster than this one.

Spend your domain investing dollars wisely.

•••
The problem does happen to be the domains. :(

•••
I have most of my names priced to sell at Afternic and have made 0 sales this year. That's not quite true I made 1 sale which was all my own work but the buyer insisted on using Afternic losing me 20% of the commission. I've had price requests but none have ended up in sales in 2016.

Now before anyone says I have a junk portfolio no doubt some names are poor and those are being dropped over time but many are not + i've had a fantastic year of sales in domaining overall, my best year by far and 0 sales from Afternic is a strange anomaly. 90% or more of my sales come through direct navigation and auctions.

This is just my experience as I know others that make sales through Afternic, but clearly it isn't working for me for whatever reason.

Last edited:
•••
Where are your names parked ? Most of the time an end user who is interested in a domain name will first try to register it, and if it's taken he will possibly check if there is a website on it.
If nobody is looking for your names what are the odds they will be found ? Zero.

•••
Where are your names parked ? Most of the time an end user who is interested in a domain name will first try to register it, and if it's taken he will possibly check if there is a website on it.
If nobody is looking for your names what are the odds they will be found ? Zero.
That's why I don't park domains.

•••
It's always the other guy that has the crappy domains.

•••

We all own crappy names but we all don't assume a platform is broken because the aforementioned crap isn't selling.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
No luck either on Afternic or Sedo.
I get more luck on Namepros; namejet; and even sometimes Flippa...

•••
If you have good domains, that's good. The players in this industry would not sell your awsome names. They will sell their awful names first! :greedy:

•••
I fwd all of my domains to Godaddy
e.g.
Show attachment 44666
Show attachment 44667

Virual.com and flights.company type in both show 500 errors on my phone and on my pc
Do you check to see if the forwarding works?
Had issue before of links to godaddy auction not working on mobile.
But you need to check every name to make sure forwarding works.

Same as gottitts.com not resolving. Says available to reg at goodaddy.
So many dilemma's in domaining :singing:

•••
What if someone places a bid on the Sedo and at the same time someone else buys it on Afternic at BIN price?!

That is easy, choose what is better for you.
List your domains - make a offer and that is that. No problem at all :)

•••
Virual.com and flights.company type in both show 500 errors on my phone and on my pc
Do you check to see if the forwarding works?
Had issue before of links to godaddy auction not working on mobile.
But you need to check every name to make sure forwarding works.

Same as gottitts.com not resolving. Says available to reg at goodaddy.
So many dilemma's in domaining :singing:
Thank you for noticing. That's a very strange issue...

•••
A.) Buy= Buy= $
B.) Offer= offer = ?

Which one move you first, A or B?:sneaky:

•••
That is easy, choose what is better for you.
List your domains - make a offer and that is that. No problem at all :)
I think a lot of buyers prefer BIN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back