Dynadot

Afternic: 2 months no sales...

NameSilo
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
what am I doing wrong?

maybe i should try sedo or uniregistry market?

please advise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yeah that happens to me as well. Then I get an error saying I need to do something to fix my account. I have to go into the cookies and delete Afternic off the list to make it let me login again. So what I have to do now is keep clicking around to keep myself logged in or logout until I finish my spreadsheet.

Yeah, it wouldn't be quite so bad if you had a countdown warning like on GoDaddy, but on Afternic you have no idea.

•••
I have this exact issue with Uniregistry.

On Afternic, I have nothing there. I cant stand such system really.
It motivates you to want to do your own thing... I have made sales at Uniregistry but it's like 1 sales per 100 inquiries. I figure i could do better on my own.

•••
I have sold several names at Afternic this year, though I only have about 15% of my domains listed there.
2 actually sold via Afternic broker contact and were not even listed there.

If you are not getting any sales the main reasons are probably -

1.) Lack of quality. There are no potential buyers.
2.) Price. There might be a potential buyer, but the domain is priced too high.
3.) Small sample size. Even if you have good domains at the right price they can be slow to sell.
Unless you own many domains the odds of a sale are low.

Brad
do you list as buy now?

•••
Well these names I sold were not million dollar homeruns so I priced them a little under $300 to sell faster.
I would sell every name if i priced under 1k.. I don't think i would go as low but i will rethink my sales strategy.

•••
1. all your domains need to be forwarded somewhere so someone can see they for sale.
2. if you depend on sedo and afternic to be your only source of income you might as well quit now.
3. you need to figure a system that works for you and a way to make weekly income or domaining will become discuraging.

I wish you luck. Changing your strategy and putting some hard work always helps

hello pls as a pro what advice do you have for newbies like us who depend on these marketplace and few outbound as source of domain income?
pls a weekly income suggestion advice will be deeply appreciated thanks

•••
hello pls as a pro what advice do you have for newbies like us who depend on these marketplace and few outbound as source of domain income?
pls a weekly income suggestion advice will be deeply appreciated thanks

I can't give someone new a strategy on domains if they have bad domains. The first thing a newbie needs to do is learn how to evaluate what a domain is worth. Newbies should learn what type of domains companies are buying. Also study what resellers are buying and understand the price point. Learning how to sell to resellers is important. When starting out with a small portfolio and bad names it will be a difficult road a head of you. I don't have the most impressive portfolio but I learned what names to buy and because of that I make weekly sales.

•••
I can't give someone new a strategy on domains if they have bad domains. The first thing a newbie needs to do is learn how to evaluate what a domain is worth. Newbies should learn what type of domains companies are buying. Also study what resellers are buying and understand the price point. Learning how to sell to resellers is important. When starting out with a small portfolio and bad names it will be a difficult road a head of you. I don't have the most impressive portfolio but I learned what names to buy and because of that I make weekly sales.
Alright thanks

•••
what does anyone know about undeveloped.com ?

•••
•••
GotBoobs is a regfee name

This was not a reg fee name.

upload_2016-12-7_12-32-21.png

•••
GotBoobs is a regfee name that an expert seller managed to sell for $15K.

I try to ignore these types one hit wonders when making buying decisions.

I just wonder how many "VR" domains have you sold?

Last edited:
•••
This was not a reg fee name.

Show attachment 44725

Just because someone buys it at a certain price, it does not mean that domain is worth that. If bought sdoihsdoifhasid.com for $1,000 does that mean it's worth $1000 forever? No. It's a regfee name.

I think GotBoobs is a regfee name, I see not obvious use for it personally.

Remember this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I've been doing a weekly post on my Website for the last three months where I post the Top Sales of the week as reported by DNPric.es and NameBio.com,
& from what I have noticed every week is that the marketplace with the best Top Sales are from Sedo.com

See more on my Website in my Profile.

Hope this helps

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back