IT.COM

After 3 months of domaining I sold my first domain for a profit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rvo

Established Member
Impact
Hello NPers!

I just sold my first domain, I'm pretty stoked right now because a few days ago I was contemplating quitting domaining because I thought I sucked at it. Well, maybe my outbound marketing worked! I've received a message from Undeveloped that somebody BIN'd my domain. Do any of you guys have sold domains using Undeveloped.com? I'd like to know how should I proceed now. The platform allows me to send a message to the buyer and that's it, should I just wait for the payment?

Anyways, I can't reveal the domain name yet but it's a two word english brandable .COM in the hair industry, lots of companies have their own version of the domain name so I guess somebody decided to upgrade to the king.

The best part is that I bought the domain at GD closeouts for 20$ bucks and sold it for 2500$

I... I wanna do this full time :P

Update on Apr 20, 2016: The domain has not sold on Undeveloped.com as I stated in the initial post, I did receive a message that somebody bought the domain but the buyer did not pay.
Luckily I had one interested party already and we made a deal the day after, we closed the deal at $2000 using Escrow.com. Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations, you never forget your first.

(Unless you are me, apparently. Because I have no idea what the first domain I sold was).

•••
Awesome. Even better that you still managed to sell quickly even though the original buyer pulled out of the sale. Shows that great names will sell eventually. Mstly it's just waiting for the right buyer to come along.

•••
Congrats man, pretty good sale :), did you reach out what's happened with the Undeveloped buyer ?

I talked with a guy from Undeveloped, he said he tried to reach the buyer via email and phone but couldn't contact him. Undeveloped gives the buyer's contact info once the sale is cancelled, which in my opinion is stupid, you should have your lead's contact info right away. I sent him an email which he read but he did not answered it.

•••
Yeah, I bought it for the amount of possible end users in mind, just search for the term using quotes on Google, I had like 20 of them.
That's what I call forward thinking, great method used rvo. Congrats as well, it's a motivator for all of us "newbies" :D.

BTW - not that I have any experience in the game, but if I could imagine reaching a sale like yours right now, I'd re-invest the entire profit in the best possible one-word or short acronym/number dot-com or dot-net money can buy, kinda like the story that TheLegendaryJP talks about in his comments made in this article (but on a smaller scale of course). I'm confident that your forward thinking can find you a seller who's willing to part with a gem at a low-enough price.
Anyhow, best of luck with all your future domain investments and sales
:$:

•••
That's what I call forward thinking, great method used rvo. Congrats as well, it's a motivator for all of us "newbies" :D.

BTW - not that I have any experience in the game, but if I could imagine reaching a sale like yours right now, I'd re-invest the entire profit in the best possible one-word or short acronym/number dot-com or dot-net money can buy, kinda like the story that TheLegendaryJP talks about in his comments made in this article (but on a smaller scale of course). I'm confident that your forward thinking can find you a seller who's willing to part with a gem at a low-enough price.
Anyhow, best of luck with all your future domain investments and sales
:$:

Thank you Aspiring Billionaire (great nickname :))

And as you say, I will reinvest $1000 in, preferably, one domain, the other $1000 I've used it for 2 iPhone SE, the GF and I got robbed a month ago so the timing worked out in the end for us ha :)

Good luck to you too man, I'll look forward to hear about your sales.

•••
Nice sale and even nicer strategy.

•••
•••
Good job bro..
Nice figure you got there for first domain name sale.

Mine was a domain name hack sold for $350.

Long time ago.

•••
Update:

Well, after close to a month I have just now received the money from Escrow.com and I can wrap this sale up.

The domain has not sold on Undeveloped.com as I stated in the initial post, I did receive a message that somebody bought the domain but the buyer did not pay.
Luckily I had one interested party already and we made a deal the day after, we closed the deal at $2000 using Escrow.com.

The domain name is SugarHair dot king and the buyer is SugarbearHair dot king.

I bought the domain back in February on GoDaddy closeouts for $20,17 and my NET profit after fees is $1,957.50

I'm more happy about the lesson I learned with this sale than the money itself. It was a really awesome experience :)

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it!
Awesome sale especially from a closeout purchase.The domain is great and there are many many endusers for it.Who did you contact from sugarbearhair?

•••
Well, maybe my outbound marketing worked!
Well done. What exactly did you do for your outbound marketing. How many calls, emails, etc. do you think resulted in the one sale?

•••
Awesome sale especially from a closeout purchase.The domain is great and there are many many endusers for it.Who did you contact from sugarbearhair?

I sent an email to their info address. This almost never works as 99% of the times it goes to the garbage bin but this time I got lucky.

Well done. What exactly did you do for your outbound marketing. How many calls, emails, etc. do you think resulted in the one sale?

Only email. As stated above, I sent one very short and to the point email to them and it went from there. I also emailed about 20 others end users, only 1 responded with a "No, thank you", 1 backed out after hearing the price and the others did not respond.

•••
Thank you Aspiring Billionaire (great nickname :))

And as you say, I will reinvest $1000 in, preferably, one domain, the other $1000 I've used it for 2 iPhone SE, the GF and I got robbed a month ago so the timing worked out in the end for us ha :)

Good luck to you too man, I'll look forward to hear about your sales.
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate robbery incident rvo. Thanks for the well wishes, looking forward to sharing my trials and errors.

I would (very humbly) recommend that you post a request to buy what you need in the "request-domains" section right here on Namepros. Based on market-price research in deciding what you want (eg. one-word dot-coms, two-letter .orgs, etc.) you may find some jewels from fellow Namepro users - the section seem to get a great response, generally speaking. With regard to market value, I've very recently learned that Namebio is the platform to use.

Just my amateur opinions, so please confirm with other veterans and experts before using anything I say. Good luck anyway, I'm watching your PotatoFarm.com auction on Flippa :)

Regards, Clint.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back