Dynadot

After 3 months of domaining I sold my first domain for a profit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rvo

Established Member
Impact
Hello NPers!

I just sold my first domain, I'm pretty stoked right now because a few days ago I was contemplating quitting domaining because I thought I sucked at it. Well, maybe my outbound marketing worked! I've received a message from Undeveloped that somebody BIN'd my domain. Do any of you guys have sold domains using Undeveloped.com? I'd like to know how should I proceed now. The platform allows me to send a message to the buyer and that's it, should I just wait for the payment?

Anyways, I can't reveal the domain name yet but it's a two word english brandable .COM in the hair industry, lots of companies have their own version of the domain name so I guess somebody decided to upgrade to the king.

The best part is that I bought the domain at GD closeouts for 20$ bucks and sold it for 2500$

I... I wanna do this full time :P

Update on Apr 20, 2016: The domain has not sold on Undeveloped.com as I stated in the initial post, I did receive a message that somebody bought the domain but the buyer did not pay.
Luckily I had one interested party already and we made a deal the day after, we closed the deal at $2000 using Escrow.com. Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello NPers!

I just sold my first domain, I'm pretty stoked right now because a few days ago I was contemplating quitting domaining because I thought I sucked at it. Well, maybe my outbound marketing worked! I've received a message from Undeveloped that somebody BIN'd my domain. Do any of you guys have sold domains using Undeveloped.com? I'd like to know how should I proceed now. The platform allows me to send a message to the buyer and that's it, should I just wait for the payment?

Anyways, I can't reveal the domain name yet but it's a two word english brandable .COM in the hair industry, lots of companies have their own version of the domain name so I guess somebody decided to upgrade to the king.

The best part is that I bought the domain at GD closeouts for 20$ bucks and sold it for 2500$

I... I wanna do this full time :P

Good sale.

B-)

•••
Congratulations on your sale.

You should re-invest that profit in some higher priced names instead of hopeful closeout picking. Most people do quit because the cheap affordable closeout wins are few and far between.

•••
Congrats man, thats awesome. There is always hope. You attracted it. Surely deserving.

Infact, I also started 3 months back and sold a name at godday auctions a few days back. I hand regged it and someone took it for 200$. Godaddy, paid me 155$ after deducting 20% commission and 5$ transaction fees and then some more money was deducted in transferring. If I calculate according to todays $ rate, I got around 146$ in my account. I am happy with it, as I can understand, when you do something and get no results, it starts creating doubts. So, it is definitely a morale booster for me and surely you have done far better.

But SALE helps. It just transforms the way you think.

Keep up the good work.

•••
Congratulations! great work.

•••
Nice one, thanks for sharing !

•••
Congrats Mate! :$::$::$:

Wishing you the very best. I am sure this is a start of many many more sales in the future. One suggestion I would give is to read and study the industry. I wasted tons and tons of money hand registering domains and renewing them without reading much and studying the industry in the beginning. I made tons of mistakes as well so don't be like some one like me lol.... Learn as much as you can. Invest in good domains and you will do well.

•••
Congratulations Mate ! That's awesome

•••
Thank you all for your kind words. This sale has really put things in perspective for me. I will work harder from now on, my personal goal is to leave my 9-5 job and do this for a living, someday maybe.

•••
Congrats for four-figure sale! It should surely motivate you to move further.

•••
Congrats buddy! I'm hoping to close up my first domain sale on the four figure mark too. Working towards that already, we will all make it to the top in this domaining business.

•••
•••
Good job ! Confidence boost right there. Goes to show great profits can be made with patience, perserverance........and a good domain of course !

•••
Update:

Well, after close to a month I have just now received the money from Escrow.com and I can wrap this sale up.

The domain has not sold on Undeveloped.com as I stated in the initial post, I did receive a message that somebody bought the domain but the buyer did not pay.
Luckily I had one interested party already and we made a deal the day after, we closed the deal at $2000 using Escrow.com.

The domain name is SugarHair dot king and the buyer is SugarbearHair dot king.

I bought the domain back in February on GoDaddy closeouts for $20,17 and my NET profit after fees is $1,957.50

I'm more happy about the lesson I learned with this sale than the money itself. It was a really awesome experience :)

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it!

•••
Congratz on quite big sale, mate. Mine first sale went for 20 dollars. So far that's the only sale I've made

•••
•••
Awesome. Congrats again. Re invest wisely and you will make ton of money.

Btw why did it take so long for the transaction and the money received in your account?

•••
Awesome. Congrats again. Re invest wisely and you will make ton of money.

Btw why did it take so long for the transaction and the money received in your account?

Thank you. It took this long because the buyer paid, I think, 10 days after starting the transaction, then it took like a week for Escrow to verify the payment and they also had to verify the number I used to sign up with Escrow, as I'm from Paraguay they had trouble reaching out to me, anyways, that week was the worst, I started to think I was going to lose the sale but everything worked out in the end. All is good now.

•••
Congrats )

Sugar + Hair is not quite intuitive, would you share your thinking when choosing to buy the name?

•••
Congrats )

Sugar + Hair is not quite intuitive, would you share your thinking when choosing to buy the name?

Yeah, I bought it for the amount of possible end users in mind, just search for the term using quotes on Google, I had like 20 of them.

•••
Notice how the buyer is the one and only advertiser for those keywords, in the U.S. anyways. Nice one.

•••
Yeah, I bought it for the amount of possible end users in mind, just search for the term using quotes on Google, I had like 20 of them.

Google search end users are, interestingly, are not from hair vitamin industry. So if that was the bet, it turned great for another reason )

•••
Congrats, took me a year or two to get that kind of sale. Three months is barely any time in this industry, some negotiations take that long..but that kind of return is worth the wait.

•••
Congrats, so glad to hear you now have the money in hand and the deal is done!

•••
Congrats man, pretty good sale :), did you reach out what's happened with the Undeveloped buyer ?

•••
•••
Back