NameSilo

AdSense for Search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it worth trying this, has anyone made money off of it?

Thanks,
e39m5

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not much... and its hard to get people to use it on my site. Maybe over time people will use it more, but at the moment the stats are pretty flat in that department.

•••
thanks for the reply, i din't sign up for it and a probably wont. My school uses it, I wonder if their getting any money off of it. Ill have to ask.

Thanks,
e39m5

•••
I wasn't making much when I had just the search box, but when I went and placed a term in the box, the hits went way up. Since I run a wrestling site, I put "Stacy Keibler Nude Pics" and people just clicked Submit and I earned a bit. Obviously it's against the rules so I wouldn't recommend it, I just tried it for a few days to see how much of a difference it made.

•••
is putting a term in it really against the rules? like my site is about nitto 1320. So if i put Nitto 1320 in the box will I be breaking the rules?

•••
Yes, because you're altering their code. However, I *did* change it around a little so it looked better and fit into my site, and they never said anything; they only emailed me when I added the term in the box.

•••
Oh, dang that would have been awesome for my Gaming Site too, heck any site "Britney Spears Nude Pics" :P

•••
I know someone who makes $150 a month alone from that and his website has noting on it. his site is... www.sticksteve.com

I swear i'm not lying, he showed me his payout report.

•••
adsense for search is rubbish..

•••
Why would you not put a box on every site you own? It costs nothing. It is a service to your visitors. It doesn't take up a lot of space. Don't forget many users don't have a tool bar installed on their browsers with a search function in it.

One of my sites makes more with the search than with the content ads. It really depends on the nature of your traffic, and what your offering as content. It's also one way of grabbing some revenue from a visitor who has made up his mind to leave, without blatantly advertising your competitor with an adsense content ad.

•••
The search is not getting any money, only about 1 or 2 cents a day, I deleted it too

•••
I'm making a killing :D!
Because it's on my gmail forum www.gmailinvitation.com and gmail is owned by google!
So it's working for me :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back